RiP PvP 2004-2013 - Trial of Gladiator (WoD)

90 Undead Warlock
AJ
Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10586678981 Is a new post with GOOD feedback on how to make ToTG work from Blizz's perspective without ACTUALLY taking anything away from regular ladders and making ToTG an actual addition to the game. Hopefully Blizz will listen to us.

Trial of the Gladiator:

Will be changing the arena system COMPLETELY

Arenas will be a way to get your WORLD pvp gear (conquest) but the ratings CANNOT get you glad title/2k elite set anymore. Just more conquest to compete on THE 1 island where PvE wont > PvP gear and everywhere else PvE gear > PvP...

Also they are gonna force it to occur (Trial of Gladiator) during peak times only AKA saturday night or friday nights. What about the people who do well in arenas and stick between 2k-2.4k and have a wife and kids and usually spend those "peak times" with their family.

I'm not saying its my case, I'm just stating how this could possibly go wrong. Arenas have been known to be MISSING participants and on top of that you're planning on taking out the gear factor for an arena that only rewards you for the titles and mounts.

I like the gear grind; I love the "instant" weekly reward feeling. I also like to be able to play during lunch time at work or getting back from work just before dinner.

If you haven't noticed those high ranked players like Azael (blizzcon commentator) play around midnight all the way till 3 am HIS TIME to be able to play with ppl fromt the west coast like sodah. So you're saying he couldn't play with them anymore if peak time would go by regions.

If you take their time as "peak time" or you do the opposite you make regular times "peak", you're either getting rid of actually skilled players from being able to compete or cutting out the possibility from normal players to ever get to glad status.

And for all you youngsters who skip school or are a tiny bit sick and stay home, you won't be able to do Trial of The Gladiator because daytime is not a peak time.

Leave arenas as is,

-Concerned PvPer
Edited by Obscurity on 11/18/2013 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I agree us australians will have to get up at 3am just to try push rating, not that i care anymore pvp is so broken at the moment blizzard only care about one thing and that is how they can make more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Everyone i have spoke to about the issue agrees, that this new system sucks, they might aswell make me an option to sub for 2 days a week because thats all i will be playing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
AJ
Actually you won't be able to queue with people who have a different peak time as your region, you'll just be able to queue during your region's peak time regardless what server you're on (aka your arena partners must be australians).

Example: Snutz lives in Ontario (East coast region), but he'll never be able to face Sodah (california) or be on his team.

PvP will die if they stick to this limited availability.

Also, like most world pvp that wasn't made by the players (Tarren Mill, Dark Portal) this new island is going to fail. If you have to arena to get conquest gear what will this world pvp island give you. It's not glad title or s15/s16 elite gear or Hero of the horde/alliance.

Here's my prediction if everything goes through:

People will pve like in vanilla to world pvp occasionally ("maybe") and make peak times per region their arena time with the free gear it provides.

Also people will slowly lose interest. The majority of wow's pvp players which consists of 30% of wow's population right now will quit as most people already have a hard time scheduling when all the days of the week are available.
Edited by Obscurity on 11/13/2013 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Work 60 hours a week, spend time with my girlfriend during the week, spend time with friends on the weekend. I certainly wont be trying to schedule anything around a 4 hour bracket for PvP. Top it all of, I live in Aus.

Im not the best player, I play in what would be the majority bracket. I log on a few nights a week yo do casual arena with my friends/brothers. Its what brought me back to the game since not playing after wotlk and its what keeps me playing. I also pay my younger brothers sub just to do arena together. I like coming on whenever, playing games, getting my rewards. !@#$, I even like getting my scrub title at the end of the season. Im never going to get glad, but I still like to be rewarded for my efforts

I get joy out of being better than the 1400 players just the same as the 2k players get joy out of being better than me. So on and so on. Win trading really doesn't effect anyone but the top tier. Why not make tog unlock at 2200+, so the serious pvprs can fight it out for glad and leave the rest of us alone

The world pvp island will be popular for a few months, then completely die off like all of the pvp zones before.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Well we pay subscription we should be able to arena for rating anytime we want. Unless they give us a PvP subscription only which we pay nothing and only can play on schedueled times.

And the new world pvp zone is just so pve heros cant cry when we gank them so how about we all just not go to the island and just gank people questing :D that would be more fun imo.
Edited by Uglymole on 11/13/2013 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Eerrk.
Let me see my brain works still.
So I have to do arenas at my servers peak time?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
AJ
Eerrk.

No at your regions' peak time aka if your aussie you have to play at aussie's peak time. and obviously that peak time won't be with US's peak times aka you'll q with and against aussie only players.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
No at your regions' peak time aka if your aussie you have to play at aussie's peak time. and obviously that peak time won't be with US's peak times aka you'll q with and against aussie only players.

There is no australian servers.

Also this would require me to realm change again.... just because I would have to go atleast oceanic servers to push rating and there isnt many good pvp realms on oceanic.
Edited by Uglymole on 11/13/2013 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
dumb idea and it will never go live like this. Still developing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, the oceanic realms are dumb. They're still based in the US. I much rather playing on a high pop us realm than a low pop Oceanic realm. There is literally no benefit, as the high pop us realms are just as active during Aus peak times.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Blizzard are just doing as many things they cant next expansion to make money, like changing the looks on characters because they know atleast 500,000 people will pay for look change, also there going to make this realm active time thing because atleast 200,000 people are going to have to realm change just because there in wrong time zoned realm at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
can't wait to do the pvp grind for my pointless gear that's worse for world pvp than some morons lfr gear

Eerrk.

sure is good to be an australian playing on tich rofl
Edited by Chiffley on 11/14/2013 12:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I still don't understand how this benefits anybody but Gladiator level players;
And even then it inconveniences almost all of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm not sure I maybe wrong but I thin ToG will be like a sideshow sort of like tournament realm but the normal will be the arena we are use to.
From what I understood ToG is sort of the best of the best all the normal titles will come from the normal arena system I maybe wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
problem is Blizzard know everyone will buy next expansion and they know everyone will atleast pay 1 month subscription and then guess what GG blizzard have paid for all there staff wages for the next 3 years and they win we lose we will be back on forums arguing about op classes and broken promises.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
From what I understood ToG is sort of the best of the best all the normal titles will come from the normal arena system I maybe wrong.

You cant push rating unless your in the selected time frame there for the achieves wont be available.
Reply Quote
RIP arena

it's been fun
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
RIP arena

it's been fun

Yeah...I think I'm done with wow when warlords drops.

Gonna enjoy this last season of !@#$ balance while arenas actually matter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/13/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Obscurity
Also they are gonna force it to occur (Trial of Gladiator) during peak times only AKA saturday night or friday nights.

Thurs-sun nights, like 5hrs a night. Pretty sure even a single dad like myself can squeeze a few hrs of arena in, if its important enough to you.

I like the idea, they dont take it far enough imo. Would like to see ATR full time. Make a series of monthly tourneys. Then a final bracket of monthly winners. The top x amt of teams out of the finals earn the right to go to blizzcon and compete.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Why is everyone acting like Trail of the Gladiator is going through?

I know stupid stuff has gone past testing, but seriously im starting to think people dont know what testing is for (also with alot of complaints blizzard wont let it go through)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]