RiP PvP 2004-2013 - Trial of Gladiator (WoD)

100 Undead Warlock
I must be confused about something. I just read compeletly through this ...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514707/Warlords_of_Draenor_A_Look_at_PvP-11_9_2013

You know that annual tournament realm that you have to pay extra to play in?

What I gather is that they are giving you free access to a version of that IN ADDITION to a new PvP zone which is IN ADDITION to your normal arenas that is rated separate from eachother.

You are complaining about having to schedule time to play a completely new and free arena ladder that does not affect the standard ladder?

Pleas tell me what I am missing?

The part where the old ladder doesn't give you any rewards and is literally only for conquest points?

You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I like everything about the purposed plan except for the instant gear, peak times and trial. I don't see why they need this. To me this is only going to split the pvp scene in two which will be even more harmful then the so called exploiters.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514707/Warlords_of_Draenor_A_Look_at_PvP-11_9_2013

What I gather is that they are giving you free access to a version of that IN ADDITION to a new PvP zone which is IN ADDITION to your normal arenas that is rated separate from eachother.

You are complaining about having to schedule time to play a completely new and free arena ladder that does not affect the standard ladder?

If it's just a new tournament realm (and live was left intact) that's for free then everyone would be happy with it, however from the talks given at blizzcon it sounds like it's meant to be a replace the current rated PvP system that we have especially since it sounds like RBGs will also be played during the same time frames.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

The part where the old ladder doesn't give you any rewards and is literally only for conquest points?

You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times

I will read it again to see if I missed that part again, but I still haven't seen that anywhere other than this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

the regular ladder is pretty much gonna become skirmishes and useless

if you want to get rewards and rating and play "competitively" you only have a few scheduled hours a week.

most people have jobs/school/social life's and wouldn't be able to make the scheduled times each week to play (from what we have seen the times are random)

also your argument of "us pvprs" being selfish, whiny, entitled brats is simply !@#$%^&*()
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
No. It just seems like you're removing the ability for players who have busy lives to compete for the things we deserve as much as anyone else (titles). Its fine for the small majority of people who are able to schedule their lives around short q time periods, but for the rest of us, it feels like we're being robbed of the right to play for the same rewards as everyone else.

I think the primary reason behind this change is to weed out botters, win traders, and cheaters; things that this community has been whinging about for - quite literally - years.

Would you rather Blizzard maintain the current status quo of "letting" botters, win traders, and cheaters continue to do their thing, or would you prefer things to change?

And it's not like this is set in stone; there's no reason why it can't change in six months, 8 months, two seasons.

Maybe they can allow for players to play in different regions for arena (they allow D3 players to choose their region when logging in) to better accommodate different time zones.

You can cite latency issues potentially cropping up, but Australia and New Zealand have to deal with that all the time, so you can too.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

If it's just a new tournament realm (and live was left intact) that's for free then everyone would be happy with it, however from the talks given at blizzcon it sounds like it's meant to be a replace the current rated PvP system that we have especially since it sounds like RBGs will also be played during the same time frames.

Now are you sure it's gunna replace the current ladder or just thinking it will, but aren't sure. I seen no where in the post saying it will take rewards away from the current ladder.
Edited by Arbsbear on 11/14/2013 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

It's 17 short of 20; that much I can say. Why should teamwork and synergy and 3v3 superceded teamwork and synergy in 10v10 pvp? Or yet, why not 20v20?

10v10 PvP is much different than 3v3 PvP. RBG's are more or less a cleave fest, breaking someones CC happens all the time. Overlapping CD's happens all the time. Overlapping CC happens all the time. There's much more room for error in 10v10 because there are more people making mistakes.

Yes, I've done a handful of RBGs before. It doesn't mean you shouldn't have to have more than 3 players to play top level end game. I guess cry me a river; we have to double our roster - and you just wanna roll on with 2s?

Let's talk about going from 2's, 3's, and 5's to 4's, 6's and 10's.

And, we don't break cc' in my 10 man, with any rotation of our roster. We think before we kill.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

the regular ladder is pretty much gonna become skirmishes and useless

if you want to get rewards and rating and play "competitively" you only have a few scheduled hours a week.

most people have jobs/school/social life's and wouldn't be able to make the scheduled times each week to play (from what we have seen the times are random)

also your argument of "us pvprs" being selfish, whiny, entitled brats is simply !@#$%^&*()

"your argument" is not my argument. I don't care what people feel entitled to what. I'm just trying to find out a source of information saying that you cant get rewards from the current arena when the new one comes out
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

10v10 PvP is much different than 3v3 PvP. RBG's are more or less a cleave fest, breaking someones CC happens all the time. Overlapping CD's happens all the time. Overlapping CC happens all the time. There's much more room for error in 10v10 because there are more people making mistakes.

Yes, I've done a handful of RBGs before. It doesn't mean you shouldn't have to have more than 3 players to play top level end game. I guess cry me a river; we have to double our roster - and you just wanna roll on with 2s?

And, we don't break cc' in my 10 man, with any rotation of our roster. We think before we kill.

That's interesting because I have seen even top groups like abni and bailamos break CC, with all the dots/instants/cleave damage flying around its just impractical to claim that you don't break any CC
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

That's interesting because I have seen even top groups like abni and bailamos break CC, with all the dots/instants/cleave damage flying around its just impractical to claim that you don't break any CC

I have a feeling they don't do it when they don't want to. Sometimes, you have to. But god forbid we try control in a 10v10 setting, that could never work.

Shoot off at the hip and cleave cleave cleave. Don't sweat it, I'm not criticising the players more than I am the game design; I know they've stacked the cards again real, effective, coordinated large group PvP play.

One of the reasons I stay away from PvP, is that it's current format is mico-manage or die.
Edited by Firestyle on 11/14/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard just needs to cut there losses and remove arena from this game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/14/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Ruid
"your argument" is not my argument. I don't care what people feel entitled to what.

your post implied we were pretty much being entitled brats

as i have posted before

please stop posting

I do not come onto the pve forums pretending to know what I am talking about, please extend the courtesy i have shown your forum to mine.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Blizzard just needs to cut there losses and remove arena from this game.

It's like I have said to some friends before, if they remove Arenas they gotta take the others with them, meaning they gotta remove Flying Mounts & LFR aswell.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/14/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Littleboyirl
"your argument" is not my argument. I don't care what people feel entitled to what.

as i have posted before

please stop posting

I do not come onto the pve forums pretending to know what I am talking about, please extend the courtesy i have shown your forum to mine.

No, my post implied that the information was not read and people were complaining about a nonexistent problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/14/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Littleboyirl

as i have posted before

please stop posting

Define handful, give me a number.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

as i have posted before

please stop posting

No, my post implied that the information was not read and people were complaining about a nonexistent problem.

Doesn't that happen already most of the time with Data Mining, Nerfs & Buffs. It shouldn't be a surprise.
Edited by Arbsbear on 11/14/2013 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
My personal opinion is that which supports larger group play and despite my own personal choice of 10 man; we are embracing 20 man raiding.

I think PvP could benefit from similar efforts to move away from a low number, convenient, player activity to a larger number, organized, activity.

I mean, what bad could come from more players knowing each other, establishing groups, and working together?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I'm to lazy to explain but take this sentence as an example:

also the new pvp zone is completely irrelevant to arenas
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Define handful, give me a number.

i was pointing out the fact that you seem to thing because you've done a "handfull" of rbgs (rbgs a pretty much a joke anyway) that you know what you're talking about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]