RiP PvP 2004-2013 - Trial of Gladiator (WoD)

90 Worgen Druid
11/14/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Littleboyirl
No, my post implied that the information was not read and people were complaining about a nonexistent problem.

I'm to lazy to explain but take this sentence as an example:

What I gather is that they are giving you free access to a version of that IN ADDITION to a new PvP zone which is IN ADDITION to your normal arenas that is rated separate from eachother.

also the new pvp zone is completely irrelevant to arenas

okay... it implies "they are giving you more that doesn't take away form the old". If that is "entitlement" then sure.

Here is another question for you. Did you read the OP? It mentioned the new zone... so i mentioned the new zone. Being as how it was mashed into this complete cluster @!#$ of misinformation I figured it was worth a mention too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
okay... it implies "they are giving you more that doesn't take away form the old". If that is "entitlement" then sure.

it does take away from the old
Edited by Littleboyirl on 11/14/2013 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/14/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Littleboyirl

it does take away from the old

and like i said in my original post.. Please tell me what I am missing.

Where do you get your information from saying that it is taking away form the old?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I don't know where this idea came from, but just to clear things up, we have no plans to remove the current Arena ladder.

Answer this then..

Will we still receive current arena titles from the current arena ladder, in WoD?

@Lure
@Fiery Kitten
@Community Manager
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I don't know where this idea came from, but just to clear things up, we have no plans to remove the current Arena ladder.

Will there be any rewards on the current ladder apart from gear?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KGB
11/14/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Schwert

And that ladder means absolutely nothing.

Look at how the community treats 2's now - It'll mean less than that.

100% correct.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
one source:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3523-World-of-Warcraft-What-s-Next

"you will earn prestige rewards only from Trial of the Gladiator. "

pretty sure the video about pvp comments on rewards being trial only and normal arenas like scrims
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
one source:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3523-World-of-Warcraft-What-s-Next

"you will earn prestige rewards only from Trial of the Gladiator. "

pretty sure the video about pvp comments on rewards being trial only and normal arenas like scrims

Does it say what the "prestige rewards" are? Cause that doesn't sound to me like it rewards gear. It sounds to me like it rewards titles and various things that make you look cool, but not any more battle effective.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think you completely misunderstood how ToG works.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
sounds to me like it rewards titles and various things that make you look cool, but not any more battle effective.

no !@#$ jesus.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10 back pedaling button clickers wailing on a scripted boss have access to get the best gear 24/7 at a time decided and agreed upon by them.

Dont even think for a second its anything like arena, or that arena players arent deserving of the top tier gear for the niche of the game they enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/14/2013 09:19 PMPosted by Littleboyirl
sounds to me like it rewards titles and various things that make you look cool, but not any more battle effective.

no !@#$ jesus.

if "you will earn prestige rewards only from Trial of the Gladiator. " means "all you get form this new thing is titles" then how does it take away from the current system?

Damn your thick
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ToG is a horrible idea to satisfy an extremely small percentage of pvp'ers.

Wish they would use this development time to just add tons more rewards for every 50-100 rating increase in normal arena.

For me the biggest appeal of this game is that I can do anything in this game anytime of the day 24/7. It is completely awesome. Literally every single second of the week except maintenance. It is great.

I dig that you can yolo or grind rating, whatever you prefer. I dig that there is no longer a 2200 gear advantage. I could care less about the peeps with the top ratings. Watching arena is incredibly boring. It is not visually appealing. Just a mess of effects flying around.

The only things I want changed in pvp:
1. all CC on the same DR
2. A lot more rewards in pvp instead of just gear sets. I mean LOTS more rewards. Like every 100 rating starting at 1000 or something.
3. A solution to the obnoxiously long q times for random bg for the more popular faction.
4. An end to pug vs premade in random bg.
5. The ability to bail on random bg's with some sort of behind the scenes mechanic that penalizes you if you do it too much. This would allow peeps to escape the hopeless pug vs premade matches instead of wasting their time.
6. The ability to blacklist 3 bg's or, in the alternate, put the 40 mans in their own q with tol and WG. I loathe the 40 mans and they are dominated by allies 80% or higher.

a distant 7. solve the interrupt hacks and bots, they have made the random bg experience substantially less fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/14/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Ruid
if "you will earn prestige rewards only from Trial of the Gladiator. " means "all you get form this new thing is titles" then how does it take away from the current system?

or it means prestige rewards are only available in trial?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/14/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Littleboyirl

Yes, it could mean that. I still haven't seen any definitive information backing up that interpenetration
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/14/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Swampllama
Yes, but you're removing the purpose of the current Arena Ladder.

I, too, am curious to know why such a wonderful idea (no grind, all equal gear) was ruined by
forced queue times.

This^
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Yes, it could mean that. I still haven't seen any definitive information backing up that interpenetration

well the post

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514707/Warlords_of_Draenor_A_Look_at_PvP-11_9_2013

says:

"You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times."

so pretty much if you want rewards you have to que up at the specific times
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/14/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Littleboyirl

well the post

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514707/Warlords_of_Draenor_A_Look_at_PvP-11_9_2013

says:

"You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times."

so pretty much if you want rewards you have to que up at the specific times

Now that I did read and It is specifically talking about the new arena. You can practice in the new arena any time you want, but it only counts during scheduled times. It still never takes away form the old.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
so they are gona have two pvp ladders, both with rewards and rating, with one of the ladders having a time specific lock

i some how don't think so
Edited by Littleboyirl on 11/14/2013 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
AJ
11/14/2013 09:31 PMPosted by Ruid

I had a virtual ticket, when the panel talked about ToG they specified "prestige reward" like glad titles glad mounts whilst talking.

Their words not mine. They made this super arena which is super "competitive with no win-trading possible" and very limited in terms of time with no other prestigious rewards other than glad/ elite sets and glad mounts.

And you really think after they said only way to get these prestigious rewards is ToG they still make it available on normal ladder? No way, defeats the purpose of even making this in first place. They did specify ToG only like above poster quoted. Meaning not available for anything but ToG.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]