It's called flex for a reason...

How can I get it into people's heads that its called "Flex mode," not "14-man" mode? I'm sick of not being able to join groups or even getting kicked from groups because the leader refuses to have a 15th person. Everyone seems convinced that when you get 15 people it becomes a 25 man raid, when this is simply not the case. It becomes a 15 man raid, simple as that. Add one more, and its a 16 man, hence the little flag on our minimap that says the amount of players for the difficulty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The playerbase believes that 15 enables super hard mega death mode. Blizzard can't fight the stupidity of it's own playerbase.

Rather than crying to the forums about it, to people who you will probably never group with, just make your own group.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Joined a group of 10/14H raiders doing Flex 2 and asked if I could bring a guildmate. Their raid leader insisted on the 14-man magic number. It takes all kinds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/18/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Nichip
How can I get it into people's heads that its called "Flex mode," not "14-man" mode? I'm sick of not being able to join groups or even getting kicked from groups because the leader refuses to have a 15th person.

Don't raid with stupid.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Mymaindk
How can I get it into people's heads that its called "Flex mode," not "14-man" mode? I'm sick of not being able to join groups or even getting kicked from groups because the leader refuses to have a 15th person.

Don't raid with stupid.

But its everywhere D:
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm more amazed that people still don't understand there are multiple breakpoints, not just at 14.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
when you add a 15th member, the raid explodes.

but in reality, when you add a really good player, it actually makes things easier...imagine that!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
It also gets harder to organise idiots, the more of them there are.

Especially when an idiot is the one organising them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's easier at 25 actually
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I laugh at the "magic number" considering there was no difference between 10-man Sha and 17-man Sha, other than the obvious health.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Oqueue is plagued with this crap. They should rename it Flex 14. Why you would turn down 560+ item level dps/healers is beyond me. Having one geared person nearly breaks flex as is. Even if people slowly get smarter, or something changes with the "magic" behind #14, when the loot changes next expansion, people will turn down high dps/heals, just because it is already a "heavy caster group" or some !@#$ like that. I'm not looking forward to having loot play an impact on group composition.

Maybe the bigger problem behind all this is the lot of us hopping pugs will one day be intelligent, or not greedy.

Sounded like a lot of gripping on my part, and i'm sorry I didn't come here to do that. Overall flex is an awesome idea, and it works great as it is. I may be opposed to the loot change, as well as the option to queue for a specific wing in the next expansion, but I normally pug flex. The change should bring about a positive experience to guilds who do flex as a guild. People are just dumb. So until Blizz can find a way to patch stupid, idk what else to do besides complain.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
I wish blizzard would deliberately make 14 man groups harder just to do away with this "14 is the easiest" myth.

just for a week or two.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/18/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Nichip
How can I get it into people's heads that its called "Flex mode," not "14-man" mode?

Make your own group and invite whoever you like.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
We ran with 16 because we didn't know any better...what made it even more fun is using 3 heals. Stuff died hella fast. Wiped one time on Nazgrim because he was only at his 7th wave when we hit 10%.

TL;DR - We noticed no difference at 14 v. 16, other than stuff dying quickly with the 2 extra DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
It's a little disingenuous to make a blanket statement about it being easier the more you add. Two small caveats exist for that: you're adding an appropriately geared, quality player and you have the right number healers. Not a big distinction, but if you bring in a 510 main dps as a 15th where you're getting additional mechanics (like an extra MC) you're gonna have a bad time.

Having said that, it's really no different than bringing an under geared or inexperienced player into any other content that you couldn't otherwise carry them through. I'm only sensitive to this because of my personal experience. Had a dps that wanted to bring his 508 rogue friend in for Garrosh and when I said no they started lecturing me on the 14 to 15 is no big deal. I tried to explain that I'd happily bring in 4 more people as long as they met the ilvl I had set.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I was told by one raid that needed one person for their flex that they did not need me anymore because they had 10 now and did not want to go to 11.

Some people have raid sizes they like and they assume it will get much harder if you go higher than that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I don't have a problem with people wanting to keep it small. If people want to run with 10, let them run with 10.

The 14 thing is funny, though. But still, it's their run, they can do what they want with it. Make your own if you have a problem with it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
The playerbase believes that 15 enables super hard mega death mode

Actually, they believe that by hard-capping the raid at 14 members they prevent the health being increased for the boss and adds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]