Why do you Heal?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
A) I don't trust anyone else to keep myself alive.

B) My first toon was a priest and was interested in healing from playing other RPGs. I first got interested in raid healing when my first guild brought me to, I think AQ, when I was't even max level at the time yet (Note: I didn't start playing until Cata). I was able to keep even max level guildies alive and people kept telling me I was a good healer, so I decided to just stick with healing full time. Once I hit max level, I learned to heal pretty much entirely though those early cata dungeons that everyone seems to hate and healing large BGs and Tol Barad.

C) I pretty much only heal. I break out DPS in a raid setting if I absolutely have to, but prefer not to. Have never played a tank in my life.

D) Yes, and I have a level 90 of every healer class to attest to that. If healing was taken out of WoW, I'd likely wouldn't play.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
A. Its more fun to heal than dps or tank.

B. Me and 3 freinds use to run dungeons back in wrath and we all could not dps so someone had to tank, or heal.

C. I play other roles but healing is what i pick if i have the choice.

D. Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
A. Why do you Heal?
B. How did you get started Healing?
C. Do you Heal exclusively or play other roles?
D. Is Healing your preferred role to play?

A.)It's fun....and I like all the green pretty numbers.
B.)Back in ToT I used to dps for our secondary group on my hunter sometimes our core group if someone was absent. Then our core group found out I had a crappy geared resto shammy chilling out in pvp gear and assorted lfr gear with barely any enchants or gems. They were having roster problems with a healer so they brought in the shaman and nurtured her until she was caught up with everyone else. Have been healing with our core group since then.
C.)I heal more than anything because I heal for RBGs as well as raid but I do raid on my hunter still but with another guild and I occasionally tank if I have the free time during the day if a raid ever needs a tank.
D.)It's the role that I feel I'm best at so yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In my own personal opinion, I think it's the easiest role, ever. LOL I don't mean this statement to be a downer, what I mean is I feel most comfortable Healing as opposed to trying to pew pew and keep my numbers up or tanking right. It's just easier for me understand the concept of Healing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
A. I highly prefer it to tanking or DPSing. Tanking isn't my playstyle, and DPS gets boring after awhile.

B. Midway through leveling my druid, I got sick of Feral and went Resto.

C. I DPS at times, when I can't be bothered to heal, but most of the time I stick to healing.

D. Highly. Mistweaver is perfect for me. I don't have to just stand around and heal, I can move about, melee dps, dps with CJL, and Spinning Crane Kick is just about my favorite move.
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Aaeiyn
In my own personal opinion, I think it's the easiest role, ever. LOL I don't mean this statement to be a downer, what I mean is I feel most comfortable Healing as opposed to trying to pew pew and keep my numbers up or tanking right.

I get this. I often hear that Healing is the hardest role to do well at, but for me it's the most comfortable. As a healer, staring at Health Bars, I'm situationally aware and do not die to bad stuff. When I DPS, I tunnel vision my rotation and die, being the guy who I hate to heal, even though most will say DPS is the easiest role.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A) Because if people piss me off I like to be able to say "Be nice to the healer" and if they don't I let them die Mwuahaha

B) I played origionally in BC and my best friend at the time played a druid and I saw him healing ulduar and though "Omg, he's a tree.. I wanna be atree!" (every kids dream obviously!) Then when I rejoined the game back in late cata it was all I knew so I just did it again ^_^.

C) In my raid team I'm the 3rd healer that goes dps when needed on two heal fights. I can also tank and do so on shaman's in SoO. But I wanna feral... however not allowed. So I can play every druid spec but the one I want to try :`(

D) Mostly, depends on mood. It's probably the one I'm the best at though :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Kuwilei
In my own personal opinion, I think it's the easiest role, ever. LOL I don't mean this statement to be a downer, what I mean is I feel most comfortable Healing as opposed to trying to pew pew and keep my numbers up or tanking right.

I get this. I often hear that Healing is the hardest role to do well at, but for me it's the most comfortable. As a healer, staring at Health Bars, I'm situationally aware and do not die to bad stuff. When I DPS, I tunnel vision my rotation and die, being the guy who I hate to heal, even though most will say DPS is the easiest role.

Phew, not alone xD
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
A. I was a tank for years and while I like the intesnity of the role it got trying putting up with DPS. Not that they were mean to me, far from it. I mean that DPS many times just seem to do whatever they want and then stare at you to fix their mess. I did have a Priest from Wrath but never really focused on her.

I really started healing in Cata after being inspired by a great Shammy healer and seeing what Shammy's could really do. I like the intensity of the role without having to worry about the mobs, the pace, threat etc. While it can be boring when things go perfect, when **** hits the fan I love it and the feeling of saving things at the last minute.

B. A friend wanted to level his first tank, a Warrior, so I decided to heal as a Priest since I had been interested in it and we could run 5 mans together without too much worry about PuGs.

C. Right now I seem to be pretty much healing exclsuively, which is humorous as I'm coming from exclusively tanking. Part of that is just waiting around to get gear though for my Enhance off-spec and I have ran her as DPS in some LFRs just for a break. My Priest is Holy/Disc since I dislike shadow.

D. Right now, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
A. Why do you Heal?

A. Strong sense of masochism. I dunno, I like helping more than hurting. Saving someone's life seems more noble than killing?

B. Started this character - made tons of mistakes. Read a lot. Learned. Improved.

C. I have multiple DPS characters for when I need to let off steam, and I just rolled a tank!

D. Abso-frickin'-lutely. Healers are the best, and my favorite players in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
A. Why do you Heal?

It's fun, and fast queues. I spent years playing dpsers, and it's fun, but I want something that feels a bit more important. I tanked for a fair bit, but the stress of tanking is annoying, so I started healing. It's fun, and much more relaxing to me.

I first started healing on a paladin in late WotLK, but it wasn't really till this monk that I really got into it heavily. This monk is great to heal with, I also have a 87 druid that I like, and I'm leveling a priest now.

I have played other roles, but right now I pretty much just heal. It takes too much time to keep two characters geared up. I do play as dps or tank sometimes on this monk, but mostly I just heal.

Yeah now it is. In perfect situations I really love tanking, but tanks deal with way too much !@#$ so it gets old.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
A. Why do you Heal?

It's my favorite thing to do, always changing, decision making.

I actually started in Lineage 2 because I preferred groups to soloing and healers were always in demand for a few years at least. In that game and in WoW my healer was actually my 2nd character that ended up my main.

I have a hunter and a mage, but I heal almost exclusively.

Yep. I growl if I get brought to a raid and get asked to dps, or if people see me pvp as heals and ask me to do shadow or feral in 2's. Nope nope nope.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
A. Why do you Heal?

A. Because I love it. I DPS from time to time and find some tanks fun now that AM exists, but healing is still what I love to do the most. Except for PvP healing, because I don't enjoy 8 second stuns while a rogue shoves his poison-coated daggers up my bum.

B. My first character was a Mage back in the day (Wrath baby) and decided to make a Druid my first alt. While I did not fancy Resto druid healing that much (and still dont), I fell in love with the healing game at that point. Once I made this toon, I was game.

C. If I can, I'll only heal all the time, at least for actual content. There have been cases where I don't have any option and I go DPS and stick with it for the tier while secretly planning the death of one healer so I can take his place. I do love my brewmaster baby alt, however.

D. Yes, but I prefer reactive healers mostly. I dislike heavy proactive playstyle like Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

A. Why do you Heal?

A. its easier to get into a raid being a healer then being a dps.
B. got my start back in wrath on my old hpally when my friend convinced me to pick it up.
C. for the longest time all I did was heal but now ive picked up on tanking and dpsing also.
D. in most cases I would say yes. but I need a break from it every once in awhile
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A. Why do you Heal?
- Well, i heal now because no one else can do as well as i do. Healers are always needed and i like that. The healing community is amazing as well.

- I started WoW back in vanilla. My freind told me to play a priest and heal his rogue. He said "You can cast bubbles on people and they won't be able to hurt you." I was like "ooo cool, okay!" -_- Overexaggerated but i still loved healing. I healed every dungeon, every bg, everything. Anytime i healed we won or did significantly better than when others healed.

- I heal exclusively, i also have a resto shaman. I only DPS when i'm soloing or occasionally DPS in a BG.

- Yes! I do good, so i like it. Priests for the win!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A. I heal cause it's the most fun out of the 3 roles. Plus I don't really trust anyone else to do it properly.

B. I rolled this priest back in Cata initially because I wanted to play Shadow at end game. In order to level faster I just went Holy/Disc and spammed dungeons. Never wanted to touch Shadow again after that.

C. I mained a pure DPS class when I first started. I have a warrior tank at 90, but tanking gets boring faster than DPSing does. So now all I want to do is play healers in hard content.

D. It's the only role I ever feel like playing nowadays, so yes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
A. Why do you Heal?

A. I heal because I can't trust other people. If I'm not healing or tanking, people are dying most likely.

B. I started healing at the start of MoP, I made this monk because I love pandas and wanted to try the new class and decided to try healing. Fell in love with it and even got to raid MSV a bit when it was current.

C. I also tank on this monk, I play my hunter who will always be my main and I have other toons I mess around on, but it's hard to keep up with all them with my limited playtime. I'm thinking of just keeping the monk/hunter and 1 more to keep up with until WoD.

D. It is my preferred in most situations, although I do love tanking from time to time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'll just answer the first part.

I have trust issues.
Reply Quote
lol Oxtie, the helm mog makes you look like an Orc in portrait.

I went "Is that an orc Paladin?!"

I did afterall see a guy with numbers in his name on the thread about lost mail during server connections.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
A. Why do you Heal?
I like to help others, it makes everything more fun if my motive is to also help people out or be useful. At the same time though, while it provides enough of a challenge, it also doesn't feel like a crushingly difficult task or pressing leadership role.

11/18/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Kuwilei
My dad actually used to play a Resto Druid, so I learned what it was like because he would occasionally let me try it out. Then I randomly rolled a Shaman one day and I've loved healing ever since.

11/18/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Kuwilei
While PvE healing is my favorite role, I love PvP DPS and I am interested in learning how to tank.

Yes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]