Alliance, should I just give up?

90 Worgen Warlock
I just started PVP again after a long break since Pandaria expansion. Before I was batting about .500 but since taking up the sport again, it's been a dismal .100.

My question is, is it because of the matching system is putting me in the game with other poorly-geared alliance players where pvp-oriented horde players are just better geared or have our players behind the keyboard declined in quality?

Should I give up now and go back to pve or stick it out with the knowledge that once I've reached a reasonable gear level, the embarrassment stop?
Edited by Elremar on 11/15/2013 5:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sure
Reply Quote
So, let me get this straight. Your two specs are Demo and Destro. You just came back to PvP and have no PvP Power. Destro is the most gear depended AFAIK for locks - and Demo is low DPS high survivability.

Try out Affliction, get oqueue (siolidice.com/oqueue) and find some 5 mans to run with, solo queue alliance side is bots...and baddies...or go back to PvE.

Also, try looking in this forum for threads about how to get PvP gear without PvP'ing.

1) Tol Barad
2) Wintergrasp
3) Kasarang rare spawns
4) Thunder Isle PvP dailies
5) Queue specific for AV / IOC for honor gear up process.

Once you have a full set of tyrannical try waitlisting with the myriad YOLO RBG teams that will get you conquest points fast and easily to start earning some of your cap - once you get your weapon find a mage or rogue and do 2's till you hit your conquest cap.

You know...the most important thing here is - try to be more self reliant and seeking people to play with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You know...the most important thing here is - try to be more self reliant and seeking people to play with.

truth i used to keep to my own and always do my own thing since i started. Since playing around with premade groups or other like minded people my pvp experience has gone up.

To the OP if you do not find pvp fun perhaps it is not for you yes gear will help you out alot however do not expect to 1v5 horde. I always find it odd why people who do not have fun in bgs still queue and join just to complain and start arguments.

I started out my shammy in scrub gear always got flamed called nub and heavily berated in bgs but i still had my fun share just merking horde even if we lost badly. So just make sure pvp is for you not everyone has fun with them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Thanks, Bitaken. I logged with my PVE gear last. This isn't my PVP set, which as I implied is a work in progress. So long as there's hope, I'll keep grinding.

Cheers
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Sorry, not trying to start an argument or complain, I honestly want to know if it's worth the effort of grinding the gear. I used to love PVP and like I said, solo queuing I won half of what I entered.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
the embarrassment doesn't stop if you're playing wrong, no matter what side you're on.

Follow Bit's instructions. Don't think iv ever lost a bg with him. Friends are key, spec is important and gear means a lot.

Don't forget to hit timeless isle and just run around opening boxes, not sure you'll want to waste gold on viable enchants (depending on your server economy) or gems...just even sticking green gems and cheapo enchants will make a world of difference in comparison to doing nothing. Be sure to reforge no matter what, 6% hit (anything over is silly) then to your spec's proper itemization.

EDIT: lol nvm, i see you're in gear superior to timeless trash =P
Edited by Diaperz on 11/15/2013 6:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I appreciate the pointers. I've done my research and am building the set (I should have logged in it so I don't look like a complete nub). I was really wondering if it's a gear-dependent matching system that's putting me in losing groups and if that would subside when my gear improves. Again, this is verifiable by my achievement stats, I won about half of the BG's slolo queuing prior to this recent experience. Anyway, I'll stick it out and see where it takes me. Thanks for the input!
Reply Quote
You will not win half of what you solo queue any longer. Blizzard is also making a point to make solo queue the LAST option in the upcoming expansion. Solo queue is for baddies who want to troll BG chat...and bots.

Horde run 5 mans - Allies run 5 mans. If you're not in a 5 man group you are generally going to get plowed by one.

Yea...there are some "purists" that don't think this way. I'm fine with them doing their thing, but I don't agree with it. PvP'ing without a group is like going on a date...alone. I believe if you do either you have deeper issues than can not be solved by any helpful posters in this forum.
Edited by Bitaken on 11/15/2013 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
"I believe if you do either you have deeper issues than can not be solved by any helpful posters in this forum."

Ouch, lol! My issue is of time. My play time is sporadic making it hard to schedule it with others.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
All these losers are saying is que up in premade's the Horde is wrecking bg's non stop and blizzard doesn't give a !@#$ cause they all play horde so gg yeah Im quitting again %^-* this game and the stupid !@#$ in it
Reply Quote
10 Orc Shaman
won my last 8 battlegrounds on my alliance shaman
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm getting around a 50-60% win rate at the moment..

only thing I can suggest is improve gear, spam IoC and AV till full tyrannical then get into arenas
Reply Quote
You do not need a schedule to wait list with 2-3 oqueue groups and get an invite.

You want to win? solidice.com/oqueue

Find and make some friends with this addon - people who PvP for the fun of it and enjoy winning.

But, first, take the steps I recommend and get a full set of tyrannical.

Once you get invited to some premades keep those leaders on your friends list and then when you log in to play you have people you can chat with to get a group formed - even if you only have a brief time to play.

It's...not..hard...but it takes some basic social skills and more than a desire to log in queue and get face stomped.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All these losers are saying is que up in premade's the Horde is wrecking bg's non stop and blizzard doesn't give a !@#$ cause they all play horde so gg yeah Im quitting again %^-* this game and the stupid !@#$ in it

Perhaps this game was not meant for you. In the end this is just a silly little game to kill time with. No one should be getting this aggravated over a PC game unless you were getting paid or something along those professional lines.

If you can't have fun or make you own fun perhaps you should stop coming back to play wow and do other activities that you will enjoy :)
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
i have noticed i lose a lot now on alliance, more than before. i am getting over it too. being fully geared doesnt help without a team that wants to try. most people give up very early on and then its a huge loss after that. i would say i win 1 bg out of 10 now, and thats usually the 40man
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Stalkeers
1 Human Priest

Is his translator here?
Edited by Elremar on 11/15/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Thanks, Bitaken. I'll try that addon and keep grinding tyrannical.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Stalkeers
1 Human Priest

Is his translator here?

To all those people, who play on the alliance side and like to group up, the horde are constantly dominating battle grounds at an alarming rate. The corporate executives at Activision/Blizzard are being accused to showing horde bias in their product, thus causing a massive imbalance in alliance vs horde player vs player. I will be leaving this game yet "again" for the reasons listed above. I hope you all have a nice day and enjoy your weekends.

Love,
Stalkeers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]