PTR Testing: Cross-Realm Account-Bound Mail

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
I love you. I love this post. I love everything right now. *MASSIVE GROUP HUG*
90 Draenei Shaman
This makes me so happy. :')
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Thank you for adding this!

I tested this out and found that not all realms see each other in the mail system on the PTR.

I have a lvl 90 with BoA gear on Anasterian (US) and successfully sent BoA gear to alts on Benedictus and Brill(EU). However, the mail system couldn't see the realm Broxigar(US).

Are only a few realms connected or is there a bug?

When you type in your Alt's name then type "-", (i.e. Redvyper- ) a list appears with your alts name followed by server names (Redvyper-Anasterian(US), Redvyper-Benedictus, etc). Very helpful to have.

I'm glad this is being added and I hope it makes it to the live servers. :)
90 Goblin Shaman
I had to repost how excited I am.

This is probably one of the most positive threads I've seen for awhile :P
90 Goblin Shaman
Vynistra
90 Blood Elf Mage
Natural Born Killers
Dear. Freaking. GOD!
Time to farm JP, buy heirlooms, upgrade and enchant them.
I might actually dust old alts off, lol.

I wonder when they implement the tabbed version of heirlooms in 6.0, will they have the upgraded versions? Can we still upgrade them? What happens if we have duplicate heirlooms?

/excited!
90 Human Monk
Thank you for adding this!

I tested this out and found that not all realms see each other in the mail system on the PTR.

I have a lvl 90 with BoA gear on Anasterian (US) and successfully sent BoA gear to alts on Benedictus and Brill(EU). However, the mail system couldn't see the realm Broxigar(US).

Are only a few realms connected or is there a bug?

When you type in your Alt's name then type "-", (i.e. Redvyper- ) a list appears with your alts name followed by server names (Redvyper-Anasterian(US), Redvyper-Benedictus, etc). Very helpful to have.

I'm glad this is being added and I hope it makes it to the live servers. :)

Anasterian (US), Brill (EU), and Benedictus are all connected with each other.

Broxigar (US), Naralex (EU), Kalaran, and Lycanthoth are all connected with each other.

AFAIK, Nobundo (KR) shares a CRZ with Broxigar, Naralex, Kalaran, and Lycanthoth, but is not connected with them.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean you can't mail to that realm. It only shows the realms that are connected. If it showed every realm it wouldn't fit on a screen (it would on PTR but barely.)
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Are all of the realms on the PTR considered connected together as one connected realm? If so, will this work for realms that are not connected together?
They are they connected them for test
90 Tauren Druid
Am I correct in thinking that BoA stuff are mailable even to non 'connected' realms? So I can mail my boa gear to any character I have on the same account?
90 Draenei Shaman
Everything I tested worked just fine.

Transferred between Nobundo(KR) and Brill(EU).

Sent basic heirlooms, both enchanted and unenchanted; Timeless Isle drops, every armor class and a ring; arch BoAs, original and Pandaren; a Garrosh BoA; an inscription staff; and one of those in-game store XP potions.

Confirmed I couldn't send gold or ordinary items either by themselves or in with the BoAs.

Couldn't send *anything* CoD.

Sent both cross and same faction. (They were accommodating enough to offer my character a faction change.)

Sent one at at time and all at once.

Returning a subset of all attachments on the mail worked just fine.

So, yep, this seems to be working.
90 Gnome Warlock
Test failed for me.

Anasterian <-> Broxigar

From either of these Realms, the other Realm is not recognized.

However, after entering a dash (-), a short list of Realms appear.
Anasterian (US)
Benedictus
Brill (EU)
or
Broxigar (US)
Lycanthoth
Naralex (EU)
Kalaran

This list matches data other players have posted here as being "connected".

So, from a perspective, only connected realms will be able to share account-bound items.
90 Human Monk
Test failed for me.

Anasterian <-> Broxigar

From either of these Realms, the other Realm is not recognized.

However, after entering a dash (-), a short list of Realms appear.
Anasterian (US)
Benedictus
Brill (EU)
or
Broxigar (US)
Lycanthoth
Naralex (EU)
Kalaran

This list matches data other players have posted here as being "connected".

So, from a perspective, only connected realms will be able to share account-bound items.

You have to add the (US) to the end of the server name because it's part of the name. You can send BoA items from Anasterian (US) to Broxigar (US) and vice versa. It's already been tested.

To: Character-Broxigar(US)
Subject: Wodin's Mantid Shanker

blahblahblahblah

Wodin's Mantid Shanker
Edited by Xes on 11/21/2013 7:54 AM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
@Xes Thanks. Did not find where I needed the "(US)" earlier.

Test successful. Cross realm, cross faction.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't have the PTR downloaded so I can't test myself, but what about non-gear items.

Has anyone tried BoA Pet Battle items, like bandages, upgrade stones, and the tournament tokens?

What about reputation items like the Stolen Insignias, or the Exotic Satchels you get from LFD (I think they're BoA?).

I can't think of anything else BoA off the top of my head.

Edit: Also the Skyshard Crystals that you use to summon Alani?
Edited by Celica on 11/21/2013 10:56 AM PST
90 Human Monk
I don't have the PTR downloaded so I can't test myself, but what about non-gear items.

Has anyone tried BoA Pet Battle items, like bandages, upgrade stones, and the tournament tokens?

What about reputation items like the Stolen Insignias, or the Exotic Satchels you get from LFD (I think they're BoA?).

I can't think of anything else BoA off the top of my head.

Edit: Also the Skyshard Crystals that you use to summon Alani?

Will test this shortly.

Edit: Can't say for Exotic Satchels or Upgrade Stones, but I can confirm that Battle Pet Bandages, Stolen Insignias, Windfeather Plumes, and Skyshards all send fine.
Edited by Xes on 11/21/2013 1:25 PM PST
Just did my first test:
Copied my toon with most of my account-bound stuff -- had to go to Brill-Eu as anasterian wasn't listed, and broxigar errored out.

I was able to send on Brill from Horde --> alliance toon.

Broxigar realm could not be located, so I could not send to toon already on Broxigar.

Have to create a new toon or two to test further.

Trying again with Broxigar (US) -- it didn't "pop" in the drop down, but I'll try it again in a moment
Edited by Gentrysbear on 11/21/2013 1:45 PM PST
Mail from Brill to Broxigar(US) worked -- Broxigar to Anasterian(US) worked.

Tested sending several timeless items.

When adding a piece of junk in same faction, "cannot send to that realm". Remove the non account bound item, and away it went.

When adding junk to other faction "target is unfriendly" -- remove and account bound item goes as expected.
90 Troll Hunter
So when is this expected to roll out on for us? It's about time that 'account bound' stuff REALLY is account wide :P
90 Human Monk
So when is this expected to roll out on for us? It's about time that 'account bound' stuff REALLY is account wide :P

This build isn't tagged as 'Release x64' on the bottom left of the login screen, so until there's a playable build that is tagged as this, we don't know. My guess would be in about 2 weeks though.
90 Pandaren Monk
Just tested this, had a slight problem though, typed in the name of the character I wanted to send something to, then put in a space and then the dash. It auto-filled in the realm info but it left in the space between the character name and the dash. When I tried to send the item it said the character was not found.

So it appears the auto-fill for the character name you would like to send the mail to is working incorrectly.

And yes I realise that I put in the name in the incorrect format, but the auto-fill should just not work if you make a mistake, or maybe it should correct something like having a space where there should not be one.
90 Orc Hunter
I hope this doesn't take too long to be implemented into live servers, really keen on leveling my rogue :D
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]