PTR Testing: Cross-Realm Account-Bound Mail

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
Just to let you know I tried this last night with success. I sent a boa chest from my warrior to my hunter on another ptr server. I will say though that it appears the server list for testing may be limited, however once I figured out which server to send it to I had no issues I would love to see this feature in game before the expansion allowing for people to level characters on new servers in case they are wanting to change servers before the expansion.
90 Human Paladin
*pinches you*
90 Blood Elf Mage
Will this be out on Tuesday then? I am deeply looking forward to it.

It gives me the opportunity to level some characters I want to level before i get the boost to 90. :)
90 Draenei Shaman
Will this include things like stuff that drops from the timeless isle?
90 Human Monk
Will this include things like stuff that drops from the timeless isle?

Yes.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Here's hoping 5.4.2 is delivered quickly. Would love to experience another server's culture.
90 Night Elf Druid
Sorry for the noob question, but just how does one acquire a BOA item (not timeless isle) on the PTR? On my regular toons I have full sets of cloth, leather (2), mail (2), and plate (1) so this feature would be really super.
90 Blood Elf Warlock

And will the enchants stay on them?

My biggest question.
23 Troll Druid
So if I wanted to mail something to the server Bleeding Hallow, what should I type?

"Character-Bleeding Hallow"
"Character-Bleeding_Hallow"
"Character-BleedingHallow"

The reason I ask is because whispering people in battle grounds was originally problematic with the space so it was changed to no space.
Dance for Joy! Sing with Praises! Lift your Voice ! Unto the Lord! (repeat 3x)
90 Human Monk

And will the enchants stay on them?

My biggest question.

Yes.

So if I wanted to mail something to the server Bleeding Hallow, what should I type?

"Character-Bleeding Hallow"
"Character-Bleeding_Hallow"
"Character-BleedingHallow"

The reason I ask is because whispering people in battle grounds was originally problematic with the space so it was changed to no space.

To: Character-BleedingHollow
Subject: Venerable Mass of McGowan

blahblahblahblah

Venerable Mass of McGowan
90 Orc Warlock
I've sent a few Heirlooms from blackdragon to skullcrusher and it works :) but, i'm seeing some Heirlooms disappear when I log on the next day. For example, rootwig on skullcrusher (level 11 mage) was totally decked out w/ my blackdragon heirlooms for a cloth caster but now he has nothing. you can see he has the robe, shoulders, helm,etc here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Rootwig/simple

i've opened a ticket so I hope they can help.
Edited by Skulljaw on 11/25/2013 8:21 AM PST
90 Orc Warlock
11/25/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Skulljaw
I've sent a few Heirlooms from blackdragon to skullcrusher and it works :) but, i'm seeing some Heirlooms disappear when I log on the next day.

BTW, the tan's did not magically reappear back on the blackdragon sender. They seem to have just vanished into some strange futuristic wow void called a database that my primitive orc brain can yet understand... :/
90 Dwarf Hunter
about god damn time. Account bound never was worded right because really it should have be called server bound. Blizz got so many tickets about that when heirlooms first came out.
90 Orc Warlock
11/25/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Skulljaw
I've sent a few Heirlooms from blackdragon to skullcrusher and it works :) but, i'm seeing some Heirlooms disappear when I log on the next day.

well, i feel dumb. as it turns out my son logged in and moved them all to some toon on some realm that I didn't know about so please disregard my post.
90 Human Warrior
This is fantastic, I was going to transfer my character back to my old server because of the account bind items I had for my alts. Thank you Watcher this is awesome

Consider yourself lucky... I have transferred characters to other realms that I would not have, had I been able to just move heirlooms. Total waste of money for me, now.
88 Undead Priest
Please just do the tab for BOAS and make my life easy
Edited by Auntypoopie on 11/26/2013 12:02 AM PST
90 Undead Warlock
What about a separate field to enter the realm name? Then you won't have to deal with a million tickets from people who don't know how to format the address by putting in the -dash- between the target and the realm name, or forgetting to capitalize. Maybe it could be a drop down realm list so it is idiot proof as far as spelling goes. Though I suppose it just would breed another type of idiot who can't select accurately from a drop down list.
77 Night Elf Druid
when will this be on live?
68 Blood Elf Paladin
Just to be clear, can I send Soulbound items between cross-faction characters ? For example a piece of armor or Motes of Harmony ?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]