Destro Gemming

90 Troll Warlock
Hey guys, I am incredibly new to the lock, I am playing destro and was wondering about my gemming. Am I doing it right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You have a few int/mastery yellow gems that should be pure mastery, but otherwise yes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
So all yellow slots should be pure mastery, not an orange int/mastery then?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
From everything I know, yarp! Maximizing mastery provides the best returns.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
From everything I know, yarp! Maximizing mastery provides the best returns.

This is true after 30000 SP, If you have 30k SP then you are better off going straight mastery in yellow slows.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hey guys, I am incredibly new to the lock, I am playing destro and was wondering about my gemming. Am I doing it right?
for destro ill tell you now do not just stack mastery like most ppl will tell you. int is the way to go for pvp standpoint anyways. mastery helps dont get me wrong but it ONLY helps ember tap and chaos bolt. intilect stacks better and it helps everything. from testing all the stats stacking haste mastery crit and int ill tell you now int will take you quite far
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Nightmarezx
for destro ill tell you now do not just stack mastery like most ppl will tell you. int is the way to go for pvp standpoint anyways. mastery helps dont get me wrong but it ONLY helps ember tap and chaos bolt. intilect stacks better and it helps everything. from testing all the stats stacking haste mastery crit and int ill tell you now int will take you quite far

You might want to go in-game and read what our mastery as destro does. Because I'm gonna tell you your straight up wrong in that it only affects ember tap and chaos bolts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Bleeze

You might want to go in-game and read what our mastery as destro does. Because I'm gonna tell you your straight up wrong in that it only affects ember tap and chaos bolts.
i know it affects more than that but that part of the mastery doesnt stack well enough to matter really. mastery is important yes but with the gear scaling its not nearly as important as intilect for destro at least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
also im talking from a pvp standpoint im sure with pve gear mastery stacks ALOT higher. so obviously were going to have different opinions on it lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
also im talking from a pvp standpoint im sure with pve gear mastery stacks ALOT higher. so obviously were going to have different opinions on it lol.

Even in pvp, mastery increases damage of incinerate, conflagerate, fel flame, immolate, and on top of that all burning ember consuming abilities (aka chaos bolt, shadowburn, and ember tap)

You want as much mastery as you can get, theres a reason you gem for exp/mastery, or int/mastery, pvp or pve it doesnt matter
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Mastery is still better than int. Point for point it scales higher, even in PvP gear.

Your "personal feelings" towards this issue are invalid because you don't know what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It does but what you dont realize is the increased damage for most of your spells besides the burning ember consuming part doenst stack well. on top of that ive tested both many times. i get the best results for damage from intel stacking. thats just how it is man idk what to tell you. mastery is obviously good as well just doesnt scale as well as int does
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
mastery is obviously good as well just doesnt scale as well as int does
Yeah but the thing is, it does scale as well, in fact it scales better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Cendy

Mastery is still better than int. Point for point it scales higher, even in PvP gear.

Your "personal feelings" towards this issue are invalid because you don't know what you're talking about.
no offenes but considering i havent seen any form of pvp from anyone on this topic here id say you guys have no experience in pvp at the moment. im just stating the facts i have tested it. mastery is only stacked for affliction atm for specific reason. Intel is being stacked by pretty much every good destro lock out there right now that ACTUALLY pvp's. Im not saying mastery is bad im saying what should come first though. you only need around 62-64% mastery after that your just wasting your time if you have pvp gear on. it can stack as high as 90% or so but facts are that your intel will be WAY too low it will bring you down alot. Trust someone who actually knows something about pvp plz. dont be stuck in a raiders mind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
everyone has a mindset that mastery is best for destro still even though the only reason that was even good was becaues of fire and brimstone. this isnt 5.1 anymore boys and girls you have to rely on single target moves in pvp now. get used to it
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ok go look up any high rated destro arena player and get back to us then
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i actually did. thats where i got the idea to try inel. and btw there are no high rated "destro" locks. ppl dont really play destro in arena anymore its AFFLICTION. If you knew anything about pvp you would know people play destro in rated battlegrounds moreso not arena anymore. You clearly dont know anything about the high rated players.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Theres ONE destro lock in the top brackets of 3v3 atm. Thugonomics. he is the top lock in 3v3 as destro and top lock overall actually in arena. You will see that he is gemming the way i do. hes stacking mainly intel. Look him up hes been high rated pretty much every season.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Seeing as this is mainly a PvE toon Nightmarezx, your way of thinking is worthless to me.
Reply Quote
96 Orc Warlock
Yellow = 320 mastery
red = 80int/160 mastery OR 160 exp 160 mastery (depends on hit)
blue = 160hit/160mastery
Meta = Sinister Primal Diamond > Burning Primal Diamond
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]