Phishing email

91 Tauren Paladin
I received this email today and thought I should post it so other people can become aware of it. I apologize if this is the wrong place/forum to post this.

"
Battle.net Account Locked - Action Required Mini World of Warcraft 30 days CDK-key
Spam
x
Blizzard Entertainment <>

10:51 AM (12 hours ago)

to me
Be careful with this message. It contains a suspicious link that was used to steal people's personal information. Unless you trust the sender, don't click links or reply with personal information. Learn more

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account Diablo III (s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the USLA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
ticket=4AAF1273E71CE201256DD006B34C6D81968682DF1E333D714AE8B83FA84064CB

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Mini World of Warcraft 30 days CDK-Key

CDK-key:ZKYV99-RF6BH-NTCH7-XBK44P-XVCJ

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
TSA 60 001
Service Administration des Comptes
78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies for World of Warcraft and Battle.net, they can be found at:

Regards,

Game Master Dunarthra
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
"
Edited by Cmurder on 11/16/2013 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Paladin
My email?
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
Insulting other posters is a good way to lose the ability to post, Drekkar.

C, the best thing to do is forward the email with a copy of the full headers to hacks@blizzard.com.

Posting the details here is great, but be sure to remove all links and any personal email references whether it is yours or not.
Edited by Maul on 11/16/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Paladin
Alright I will do that. thank you
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's a scam. Check the link closely without going to it. It is to us.baltte.net not us.battle.net. I ran a whois and this domain and this is what i got:

Domain Name: BALTTE.NET
Registrar: Foshan YiDong Network Co.LTD
Whois Server: whois.72dns.com
Referral URL: http://www.72e.net/
Updated Date: 13-Nov-2013
Creation Date: 14-Nov-2013 10:03:09
Expiration Date: 14-Nov-2014

Nameserver Information:
ns1.72dns.com
ns2.idc1.cn

Registrant:
Name: Zhang San Ming
Address: Shang Hai Pu Dong Qu
Address(Chinese): 上海浦东区
City: PuDong
Province/state: ShangHai
Postal Code: 345687

Administrative Contact:
Name: Zhang San Ming
Organization: Zhang San Ming
Address: Shang Hai Pu Dong Qu
Address(Chinese): 上海浦东区
City: PuDong
Province/state: ShangHai
Postal Code: 345687
Phone: +86.7578234567888
Fax: +86.7578234567888
Email: 942088230@qq.com

I don't understand why Blizzard or even the US can't do something about this. I mean this dude has 100's if not 1000's of domains registered. They are obviously being used for bad purposes. Why is he and that company still allowed to register additional domains? Isn't there a way to block this dude in the states?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I don't understand why Blizzard or even the US can't do something about this. I mean this dude has 100's if not 1000's of domains registered. They are obviously being used for bad purposes. Why is he and that company still allowed to register additional domains? Isn't there a way to block this dude in the states?

The US has no jurisdiction over anything in China. Blizzard has no legal standing to do anything about this unfortunately. The other thing is the activities of these groups may not be regulated in the country they are run from.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
I just got the same email as follows.

Current Folder: INBOX

Welcome: My email address was here

Message List Message List Delete Delete Previous Next Forward Forward Forward as Attachment Reply Reply Reply All Reply All

Subject: [SPAM] Battle.net Account Locked - Action Required Mini World of Warcraft 30 days CDK-key
Date: Sun, November 17, 2013 12:56 pm
To:
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | Download this as a file | Add to Address Book | View Message details | View as HTML | Whitelist Sender

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of
Warcraft account Diablo III (s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the
USLA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be
disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's
employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately
verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure
website with:

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have
dropped the investigation.

Mini World of Warcraft 30 days CDK-Key
CDK-key:ZKYV99-RF6BH-NTCH7-XBK44P-XVCJ

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
TSA 60 001
Service Administration des Comptes
78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies for World of Warcraft and
Battle.net, they can be found at:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/policy/
http://us.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/termsofuse.html

Regards,

Game Master Dunarthra
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=35726

Blizzard Entertainment323171

Attachments:

untitled-[2] 18 k [ text/html ] Download | View

Delete & Prev | Delete & Next

Move to: INBOX Drafts Sent Spam Trash

The website looks a lot like the Blizzard website, but the address of the Blizzard company looks strange to me. I have not played in a few months, and was surprised by this email...lol I am not selling my inactive account I promise you .
Edited by Orlyia on 11/23/2013 8:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/phishing
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
The website looks a lot like the Blizzard website, but the address of the Blizzard company looks strange to me. I have not played in a few months, and was surprised by this email...lol I am not selling my inactive account I promise you .

1. Blizzard doesn't send out e-mails from g-mail accounts (as the header you provided shows)
2. If you fell for the phish and even only went to their site, I'd be VERY worried about your computer's security.
3. Start scanning your system for malicious software that you likely picked up from visiting their site.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]