Warlords of Draenor Garrison question!

90 Orc Monk
Have a few questions and was wondering if there was any answers out for them yet.

--Will garrison's be account bound or per character?
--What currency will be needed to buy them and upgrade?
--Will followers be account bound like battle pets?

Just wondering i know it might be way to soon to get any information but can't hurt to ask. :)

Thanks for the help and hope to see some peoples idea's on these questions.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
For your first question, I believe it is not account bound, each of your characters can have a different garrison. The other two I'm not sure about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I dont think they're account bound but I think blizz said something about speeding up the process for alts.
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Warlock
From mmo-champion.com -

•Garrisons are unique per character, so there will be some kind of way to make it faster for alts.

Also:

•There is no way to invite other players to your garrison when offline. You can invite a whole 40 player raid when you are online though!

•The Garrison will have a farm, mine, and place to fish. Hopefully it will feel like a much, much bigger and cooler version of the farm.
•Pet Battles and Garrisons seem like they would be nice on mobile devices, but any resources spent on doing that will not be used on the actual game.
•The Pet Stable in the Garrison will allow you to assign some of your pets to appear in the world there.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Priest
--What currency will be needed to buy them and upgrade?

I think they said gold and some kind of special supplies or something. But lots of gold, is what I hear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

•The Garrison will have a farm, mine, and place to fish.

What about for people who are not miners? How will it work?

I was hoping we could have a ranch for livestock. Trying to harvest meat for cooking ingredients is tedious.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight

They mentioned that garrisons will grant you some access to professions you don't actually have on your character, so presumably you'll be able to have followers mine even though you yourself aren't a miner. But it probably won't be as effective, I suppose.

I was hoping we could have a ranch for livestock. Trying to harvest meat for cooking ingredients is tediou

Given that the garrisons are an extension on the farm idea from MoP, I would be surprised if we don't have something like this.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Priest

I thought you could gather ore on Timeless Isle even if you weren't a miner (I know you didn't need a min mining lv to mine).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Josianne

I thought you could gather ore on Timeless Isle even if you weren't a miner (I know you didn't need a min mining lv to mine).

I think Blizzard changed it so that even if your mining / herbing skill is 1, you can still loot / pick nodes, you just get fragments. Like 10 fragments = 1 ore. It's mostly so you can level 1-600 completely in Pandaria, not an effective way to get mats.
Edited by Starkwen on 11/18/2013 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
As for currency, from the mock-up UI they used for presentation at BlizzCon, they have Stones as another currency. Gold will be mostly for upgrade or buying building/upgrading blueprints and of course hiring followers. Building stuff will probably use Stones.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]