What to blow Soul Burn on as Affliction?

80 Gnome Warlock
Same garbage intro as last thread, except this time I'm curious what afflic locks are using soul burn on?

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Drain Life.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Drain Life.

that causes same number of ticks just shorter channel time right?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Yes.

I also use it for the instant summon of my pets. Mainly Drain Life and Summoning....the only other time I've used it was once in WG. I was the flag carrier, and I put a portal down, soul burned, and ported....just to get the speed bonus with the flag.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
currently at 85 it will be on soulfire, cause isf is too good not to take.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Use it on Soulfire, your pets if they die, or Teleport or if you're really dying, then Drain Life. Depending on PvP/PvE
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Warlock
In PVP I use it as a nice bit of burst for Soul Fire, especially sexy when you get ISB (Instant Shadowbolt). I only ever use it with Drain Life if I need health back really quickly, and I've already blown the Healthstone.

Otherwise, great for catching some speed or re-summoning a killed pet.

For PvE, I use Drain Life. Drain Life can proc ISB's, so getting that with your Corruption up, means more ISB, in a shorter period of time.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
What are ISBs
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
What are ISBs

Instant shadowbolts aka nightfall procs.

Affliction can also use Soulburn on Seed of corruption if you spec into it.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
Soulburned Seed looks pretty awesome. Especially since you get the shard back if it's successful.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
On afflic I use it only on Seed and on my demo I use it..... absolutely nowhere. On dest I use it on searing pain.

Personally though, I could do without it and dissapointed they introduced it. That might be because I mainly am a demo lock and really found no real use for it other than the occasional instapet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You can also 'burn your Healthstone to get a mini-Shield Wall / Surv Instincts effect. Rather helpful in PvP sometimes.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
You can also 'burn your Healthstone to get a mini-Shield Wall / Surv Instincts effect. Rather helpful in PvP sometimes.

My Healthstone is always macro'd to Soulburn. If I am pressing my Healthstone it sure as hell means I don't want to die.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
On afflic I use it only on Seed and on my demo I use it..... absolutely nowhere. On dest I use it on searing pain.

Wow.

This person just listed the 3 worst ways to use Soulburn.......
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Wow.

This person just listed the 3 worst ways to use Soulburn.......

How is using it on seed as affl bad?

The other two i agree with you on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Soulburn is... pretty much useless for raiding.

I lol'ed
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Soulburn is... pretty much useless for raiding. It's basically a free Soul Fire 3 times per fight when you need to move. You can honestly use it however you like and the net dps impact will be minuscule.

Pet dies randomly? SB summon. Need to run run run? SB portal. etc etc

You're wrong, it's very useful if you're using the right spells to get them back. I must use upwards of 12 to 15 shards on LK and other fights with adds in ICC...sure I will have even more come Cata.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
On dest I use it on searing pain.

Wrong. Should be used as an opener with soulfire for the haste proc- and i use it during movement...or if adds are there and i can refill i use it on cd
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]