Wintergrasp

85 Human Death Knight
Zarhym, make vehicles scale with stats. 2 Boomkins can take out a siege before they be stopped. And in a 10v10 battle, the Offense doesnt get many sieges.
90 Gnome Mage
it shouldn't be up to blizzard to try and enforce balance in a world zone. if they wish to make it into an instance then they can enforce balance. it's up to you and your fellow players to gather your teams for world pvp zones.

did they limit the amount of peple in nagrand for halaa?..nope.

it's asinine to lock out one side or the other because one set of players don't/can't/wont queue up for something.

throw in an extra bonus for the side tha'ts always undermanned and perhaps they can then light up a fire of "care" under their own faction.

until then it's world pvp, don't want to die don't come. want to win gather your friends and fellow faction players and come get some

Didn't work. If they don't lock it out, one side quits playing because it's pointless. That happened on my server. Horde perpetually had WG and alliance quit even trying. It was a complete waste of time and offered no reward. WG consisted of horde facerolling the very few alliance players, capping everything, and then camping the one GY left so that alliance players couldn't even move out of the GY spawn point without being stunlocked and killed. Sure, it was great for the horde players to get the free honor and have VoA available all the time, and get the freebies while running dungeons. But for alliance it meant that no one even bothered. They may as well as just given free honor to horde players every couple of hours and not bothered with the battle at all.
Edited by Lissancy on 11/17/2010 2:19 PM PST
5 Blood Elf Mage
In patch 4.0.3, Wintergrasp queuing was changed so that each battle attempts to match the factions at a 1-to-1 ratio. This is the exact system being used for Tol Barad in Cataclysm. While we understand that this inflates queue times for factions which are vastly overpopulated on select realms, we prefer this system over using Tenacity. In addition, the new system at least encourages playing on a faction that's better balanced against the opposing faction. With the old Wintergrasp functionality, players were almost encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction, further contributing to realm balance issues.

That said, we'll review realms with significant faction imbalances on a case-by-case basis in the event we need to take further action.

Tol Barad preview: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457</a>

does this mean the help system is gone aswell? the system that was explained as giving one faction the ability to rank faster and give them more workshops at the start?
while i am enjoying wintergrasp more with the equal faction ratio the horde still have yet to loose on my server even with the alliance doing better with protecting towers and such, the horde just group up on each side of the fortress with shadow priests and such.
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
All I can say is that Blizz has tried to get people to move servers from overpop factions and people refused to move so they put in this system which I find to be the best option they have. You can use the I pay 15 bucks to play a game, well the group of 10 people you are farming at the graveyards are also paying 15 bucks and we don't get to do the bosses.

The only way to improve the system is have a counter for the day and if someone in Q has a lower number they get the spot over someone who has completed a battle.
Edited by Darthiago on 11/17/2010 2:22 PM PST
90 Gnome Mage
In patch 4.0.3, Wintergrasp queuing was changed so that each battle attempts to match the factions at a 1-to-1 ratio. This is the exact system being used for Tol Barad in Cataclysm. While we understand that this inflates queue times for factions which are vastly overpopulated on select realms, we prefer this system over using Tenacity. In addition, the new system at least encourages playing on a faction that's better balanced against the opposing faction. With the old Wintergrasp functionality, players were almost encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction, further contributing to realm balance issues.

That said, we'll review realms with significant faction imbalances on a case-by-case basis in the event we need to take further action.

Tol Barad preview: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457</a>

does this mean the help system is gone aswell? the system that was explained as giving one faction the ability to rank faster and give them more workshops at the start?
while i am enjoying wintergrasp more with the equal faction ratio the horde still have yet to loose on my server even with the alliance doing better with protecting towers and such, the horde just group up on each side of the fortress with shadow priests and such.

It's going to take a bit of time for people to come back. The huge imbalance meant it was a waste of time and people stopped playing or transfered to the perpetually winning side. The balance was changed and it's not going to right itself overnight. On my server it went from horde having WG about 99% of the time, to horde having it more like 70% if the time. People are slowing starting to come back on the alliance side, but we mostly all got out of the habit.
85 Undead Rogue
While blues might still be lurking over this topic...

I know when the 1:1 balance idea was first confirmed by Blizzard they mentioned a "minimum cap" in place, a number which would be the fewest the game would auto balance, that it would always be possible for either side to have at least that many players. For example, if the cap were ten, and the Horde only had 5 people queue, Alliance would still be allowed 10 players in the battle. I notice this cap hasn't been mentioned in the blog or the blue posts. Is there any official information around saying if it exists and what it is?
90 Undead Mage
it shouldn't be up to blizzard to try and enforce balance in a world zone. if they wish to make it into an instance then they can enforce balance. it's up to you and your fellow players to gather your teams for world pvp zones.

did they limit the amount of peple in nagrand for halaa?..nope.

it's asinine to lock out one side or the other because one set of players don't/can't/wont queue up for something.

throw in an extra bonus for the side tha'ts always undermanned and perhaps they can then light up a fire of "care" under their own faction.

until then it's world pvp, don't want to die don't come. want to win gather your friends and fellow faction players and come get some

Didn't work. If they don't lock it out, one side quits playing because it's pointless. That happened on my server. Horde perpetually had WG and alliance quit even trying. It was a complete waste of time and offered no reward. WG consisted of horde facerolling the very few alliance players, capping everything, and then camping the one GY left so that alliance players couldn't even move out of the GY spawn point without being stunlocked and killed. Sure, it was great for the horde players to get the free honor and have VoA available all the time, and get the freebies while running dungeons. But for alliance it meant that no one even bothered. They may as well as just given free honor to horde players every couple of hours and not bothered with the battle at all.

yet again that's a failure on the side of your faction. you can't sit there and tell me that it was because your server was imbalanced, your server has enough of level players to be in that zone during that match. that's all on you and your faction. want to win and do voa, gather up your people and go get it. it's a world pvp zone, a world zone should have zero restrictions to the amount of people being able to be there. halaa wasn't restricted and for anyone doing a FTH or a FTA raid you weren't ported out of the city because there wasn't enough of the opposing faction in that city?

make it into an instance and enforce "fair and balanced" play. otherwise leave well enough alone and let the other side figure out how to win in a world pvp zone
85 Human Mage
Well I know that on Archimonde we don't have the numbers on the alliance due to faction changes. So the alliance NEVER got WG. Sorry about it no longer being 2 full 40 man raids to 2 alliance anymore. Now you will have to earn your kills :(
85 Human Mage
There is no winning in a world pvp zone when you can /who 80 and only get 30 players on your server.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior

So many exciting possibilities. Now removed from the game. Lame. Did you even try tweaking tenacity? I don't remember anyone ever complaining that it was too powerful.

Tenacity was tweaked a number of times.

I frequently heard from people that it was overpowered (my realm is alliance dominant). I've always felt it was undertuned.
85 Human Mage
Well I know that on Archimonde we don't have the numbers on the alliance due to faction changes. So the alliance NEVER got WG. Sorry about it no longer being 2 full 40 man raids to 2 alliance anymore. Now you will have to earn your kills :(

Earning my victories and kills is an awesome idea. I would love that. Unfortunately, I can't get in. I can't earn anything. I get kicked from the queue almost everytime.

Blizzard needs to allow free faction transfers to even out factions.
Couldn't agree more. I have the money for a faction change but I have ping ponged back and forth from Alliance to Horde then back again. A one time thing to try and balance the servers would be amazing. I used to agree with people saying the horde had more mature players and would respond instantaneously to any threats in Org. Now the Horde is mostly alliance rerolls and pst with questions like "Which of my three button rotation do I start with" lol
85 Human Mage

So many exciting possibilities. Now removed from the game. Lame. Did you even try tweaking tenacity? I don't remember anyone ever complaining that it was too powerful.

Tenacity was tweaked a number of times.

I frequently heard from people that it was overpowered (my realm is alliance dominant). I've always felt it was undertuned.

I have had tenacity so high on Archimonde I have 1 shot people with a non crit Ice Lance.
34 Gnome Rogue

Earning my victories and kills is an awesome idea. I would love that. Unfortunately, I can't get in. I can't earn anything. I get kicked from the queue almost everytime.

Blizzard needs to allow free faction transfers to even out factions.

Heavily imbalanced realms have had free transfers available. No one took them because there was no point. The new system promotes balanced realms. The old system didn't.
90 Troll Shaman
It's a world zone tied to a PvE raid. Too bad the losing side can't jump into the raid bosses, like vehicles, and try to get some revenge.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]