Curse of the Worgen Discussion * spoilers*

85 Worgen Druid
I did a summary here:

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?p=247111#post247111

More spoilers!

I can wait for the continuation, Im curious as to who Genn Greymane is referring to at the end and what the alpha prime meant by the "Pure Ones"

In regards to the original poster's post, specifically this sentence, Halford Ramsey is attacked by a Worgen, and when he awakes and is speaking with the Alpha Prime, the Alpha Prime refers to the Worgen that attacked Halford as a "Pure One". I'm assuming, with the revelation that the Alpha Prime was one the original Night Elf Druids (now a Worgen) that a "Pure One" is either a term for other Worgen that were originally Night Elf Druids, or he might be referring to just Worgen in general (whether originally Night Elf Druids or cursed Humans).

Pure ones likely refers to Worgen who have control of themselves and their forms while feral worgen are impure.
Edited by Sabira on 11/17/2010 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Pure ones likely refers to Worgen who have control of themselves and their forms while feral worgen are impure.

or that too :P
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
The newly released first issue of the comic, Curse of the Worgen - as reviewed here (http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8496) - appears to have a confusing mistake, to which I would like to raise attention. There is a night elf character in the comic by the name of Belysra, who has purple hair and red face markings. But the night elf who your worgen first encounters at Bradshaw Mill in the Blackwald is named Belrysa Starbreeze. It's obviously meant to be the same night elf, as the hair color and face markings are the same and the spelling is nearly identical. But what is the actual name of the character: which is the correct name? Is it meant to be Belysra (comic) or Belrysa (game)?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
The newly released first issue of the comic, Curse of the Worgen - as reviewed here (http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8496) - appears to have a confusing mistake, to which I would like to raise attention. There is a night elf character in the comic by the name of Belysra, who has purple hair and red face markings. But the night elf who your worgen first encounters at Bradshaw Mill in the Blackwald is named Belrysa Starbreeze. It's obviously meant to be the same night elf, as the hair color and face markings are the same and the spelling is nearly identical. But what is the actual name of the character: which is the correct name? Is it meant to be Belysra (comic) or Belrysa (game)?
lol nice catch

Also when I placed spoilers in the title I did so because of what others might post not what I posted lol
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Genn already seemed quite in the know as far as the worgen are concerned. I can only hope the series touches on how he himself came to be a worgen. Worgen themselves very well seem to predate Gilneas so a theory in my head could be that ince its foundation the Gilneas royal bloodline could have had a connection to the worgen.
Reply Quote
Neato!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Genn already seemed quite in the know as far as the worgen are concerned. I can only hope the series touches on how he himself came to be a worgen. Worgen themselves very well seem to predate Gilneas so a theory in my head could be that ince its foundation the Gilneas royal bloodline could have had a connection to the worgen.

I'm sure that by the end of issue 5 the Worgen will have some of the most fleshed out backstory of any race except maybe humans and orcs. :p
Edited by Sabira on 11/17/2010 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin

I'm sure that by the end of issue 5 the Worgen will have some of the most fleshed out backstory of any race except maybe humans and orcs. :p
Too bad they may have very little in-game lore or presence to reflect that fleshed out backstory. :p
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wonder how long Belysra has been around Gilneas. Is she perhaps one of the reasons Gilneans have a primitive form of Druidism? Is she a secret that only the ruling body of the nation knows?

Is she perhaps why Gilneas as a culture never really got into the light? I can't imagine her being known throughout the nation, as Night Elves (or atleast Kalimidor) would have been known about if it were.

Is perhaps she why The Gilneas Brigade was with Jaina? Perhaps they were sent out by Genn to try and send a message (obviously failed) to the Night Elves, possibly even warning about the Orcs?

Over all I like it. I hope we see more of the Satyr Wars in upcoming stuff. I do enjoy it. I also noticed that they hinted of even more forms, other than Pack Form. What other restricted forms could there be?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I wonder how long Belysra has been around Gilneas. Is she perhaps one of the reasons Gilneans have a primitive form of Druidism? Is she a secret that only the ruling body of the nation knows?

Is she perhaps why Gilneas as a culture never really got into the light? I can't imagine her being known throughout the nation, as Night Elves (or atleast Kalimidor) would have been known about if it were.

Is perhaps she why The Gilneas Brigade was with Jaina? Perhaps they were sent out by Genn to try and send a message (obviously failed) to the Night Elves, possibly even warning about the Orcs?

Over all I like it. I hope we see more of the Satyr Wars in upcoming stuff. I do enjoy it. I also noticed that they hinted of even more forms, other than Pack Form. What other restricted forms could there be?

The next chapter focuses on Ralaar and Arvell so we will see a bit more of that. Chapter 3 is about Halford trying to control his form and chapter 4 is when the comic gets to the part we see in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

The next chapter focuses on Ralaar and Arvell so we will see a bit more of that. Chapter 3 is about Halford trying to control his form and chapter 4 is when the comic gets to the part we see in-game.

I'll be getting them. I hope this explains how Genn became/becomes a worgen.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
perhaps the person Genn and the Night elf were referring to was Arugal? Or Arvell
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
Delicious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]