"+1 Holy Power" option for Holy Paladins

85 Blood Elf Paladin
The new combat text that tells how much Holy Power you have is useful for Rets and Prots since they will most likely want to use their abilities at 3 charges and have a lot more running around to do than healers but it makes it harder for Holy Pallies in raids who are using it all the time.

When you heal your beacon target at full charges with Holy Light to keep up the charges it keeps saying
< 3 Holy Power>, telling me that after I used an ability that generates a Holy Power, I have 3 Holy Power. Now when someone's health in the raid suddenly drops and I go to use Word of Glory on them because Holy Paladins are more flexible and can do that, sometimes Eternal Glory will proc and not use Holy Power and then I get the < 3 Holy Power > text again.

It's hard to explain and you have to be a Holy Paladin (who has used the floating combat text for energy/mana/etc gains) post-patch to understand the difference. We are very flexible now and can easily raid heal, of course not as good as raid healers but decently, and we are constantly using our instant casts and the Holy Power change for combat text makes it very confusing when you are measuring who to heal with the current amount of Holy Power you have.

In short, it's nice that you made tracking Holy Power easier for Ret and Prot pallies but please re-add the option for the floating combat text to show Holy Power gains and not just Holy Power total.

Thank you.
Edited by Telulu on 11/17/2010 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Nah
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nah

It's hard to explain and you have to be a Holy Paladin (who has used the floating combat text for energy/mana/etc gains) post-patch to understand the difference. We are very flexible now and can easily raid heal, of course not as good as raid healers but decently, and we are constantly using our instant casts and the Holy Power change for combat text makes it very confusing when you are measuring who to heal with the current amount of Holy Power you have

Are you one of those Holy Paladin's that just does his "job" and keeps the tanks up? Or the Ret/Prot who can track their Holy Power easily now? I didn't bother looking you up.
Reply Quote
So, if I am reading this correctly, instead of having it say <1 Holy Power>; <2 Holy Power>; <3 Holy Power>, you want it to say <1 Holy Power>, <1 Holy Power>, <1 Holy Power>? Essentially, instead of showing how much holy power you have after the current gain of holy power (1, 2, or 3 charges) you want it to just inform you that you've gained a charge of holy power (just saying 1 holy power each time).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So, if I am reading this correctly, instead of having it say <1 Holy Power>; <2 Holy Power>; <3 Holy Power>, you want it to say <1 Holy Power>, <1 Holy Power>, <1 Holy Power>? Essentially, instead of showing how much holy power you have after the current gain of holy power (1, 2, or 3 charges) you want it to just inform you that you've gained a charge of holy power (just saying 1 holy power each time).

Yes. If there was no such thing as Eternal Glory, it would be fine. But when your healing your beaconed tank because no one else needs heals it shows < 3 Holy Power > and then if someone takes damage you can easily WoG them and then if Eternal Glory procs it's another < 3 Holy Power > and I'm not even factoring in the use of Holy Shock and how much we use WoG when it isn't at 3 charges, we are always using it and the new floating text makes it confusing.

Like I said, unless you were a Holy Paladin using the floating combat text post-patch you wouldn't understand how big of a difference it actually is.

I hope they just add an option to show Holy Power gains and leave the Holy Power total for those who prefer it.

EDITTTTTT

And when we have more than 1 charge of Holy Power and Eternal Glory procs it used to say
"+2 Holy Power" or "+3 Holy Power" making the Eternal Glory procc much more noticeable since there is no flashy light or anything and waiting for the bar to update to see if it procced(which isn't instantly) can waste a gcd.
Edited by Telulu on 11/17/2010 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Another example, when I'm healing a beaconed target while I have 3 charges of Holy Power it will say
< 3 Holy Power > and right after I cast a heal on the target if I use the full WoG on another raid member very quickly, whether Eternal Glory proccs or sometimes only one "< 3 Holy Power >" pops up and there's no indication as to whether that's from my healing my beacon or Eternal Glory proccing and if Rets and Prots can easily manage their Holy Power I want to be able to do so too.

I believe it is very simple to bring back the "Holy Power Gains" feature for floating combat text as well as keep the new "Holy Power Total" for those who prefer it.
Edited by Telulu on 11/17/2010 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
i fail to see where the problem is. are you just wording yourself horribly?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i fail to see where the problem is. are you just wording yourself horribly?

AGAIN, unless you were a Holy Paladin post-patch that used the floating combat text, you would not understand. Holy Paladins use Holy Power and in turn, Word of Glory much more than Ret and Prots, if they choose to utilize all that they can and heal the raid too.

I'm surprised no other Holy Paladins are complaining about this.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm guessing they aren't complaining because either:

A: they don't use the gains config (might use some mod) and therefore it doesn't affect them.

B: it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be and doesn't affect them in any way.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm guessing they aren't complaining because either:

A: they don't use the gains config (might use some mod) and therefore it doesn't affect them.

B: it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be and doesn't affect them in any way.

And I bet most of them do their self-simplified job of watching the tanks and the tanks only where as I opted to expand my potential with my class.

All I'm saying is I prefer floating text that represents gains rather than text that shows the total amount of Holy Power I have, there is a Holy Power Bar for that and the option in the interface says and has said, ENERGY GAINS.
Edited by Telulu on 11/17/2010 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've gotta agree with everyone else, I think you're making mountains out of molehills. And I AM a holy paladin that uses scrolling text after 4.0.1.

I hope they just add an option to show Holy Power gains and leave the Holy Power total for those who prefer it.

It will always be MUCH more beneficial to know how much holy power you have total than to know, "Oh, I just gained 1 holy power." WELL DUH.

Yes. If there was no such thing as Eternal Glory, it would be fine. But when your healing your beaconed tank because no one else needs heals it shows < 3 Holy Power > and then if someone takes damage you can easily WoG them and then if Eternal Glory procs it's another < 3 Holy Power > and I'm not even factoring in the use of Holy Shock and how much we use WoG when it isn't at 3 charges, we are always using it and the new floating text makes it confusing.

What you're saying here is, you're healing your main tank, and it has informed you that you have 3 Holy Power. Good! Now you know that you have 3 Holy Power to spend on Word of Glory.

Then, the DPS takes damage and you need to heal them. So you cast Word of Glory. That Word of Glory procs you Endless Glory, at which point, it informs you that you once again have 3 Holy Power. How is this confusing?

Edit: And don't give me this "self-implied job of healing only the tanks" bull. I pvp heal, meaning I've got to watch upwards of 15 people. I still manage quite fine.
Edited by Jerald on 11/17/2010 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
So you are at a full 3 stack of hp and you want it to keep saying you are gaining +1 hp? I prefer to keep away from being spammed by my own interface tyvm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What you're saying here is, you're healing your main tank, and it has informed you that you have 3 Holy Power. Good! Now you know that you have 3 Holy Power to spend on Word of Glory.

Then, the DPS takes damage and you need to heal them. So you cast Word of Glory. That Word of Glory procs you Endless Glory, at which point, it informs you that you once again have 3 Holy Power. How is this confusing?

Because when you cast Holy Light or Divine Light on your beacon(which causes < 3 Holy Power > to appear) and then RIGHT after, you use WoG and Eternal Glory Procs it shows ONLY one < 3 Holy Power > and you can't tell if it's Eternal Glory proccing or < 3 Holy Power > because of your previous Holy Light heal.

Before yesterday's patch when you saw "+2 Holy Power" or "+3 Holy Power", you knew without a doubt that it was Eternal Glory and the entire point of me enabling the energy gains is so that I can track Eternal Glory easier. You can agree or disagree but it's all about personal preference and that is what this thread is asking for.

Edit: And don't give me this "self-implied job of healing only the tanks" bull. I pvp heal, meaning I've got to watch upwards of 15 people. I still manage quite fine.

No, you don't give me that bull. PvP healing as a Holy Paladin is easier when it comes to using WoG effectively because every single person that you're healing isn't taking constant damage most of the time, like in a raid and in PvP I don't cast Holy Light on my beacon most of the time(I focus on others while my beacon gets healed too, the point of a BEACON) and that's where the problem lies.
Edited by Telulu on 11/17/2010 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have to agree with the majority, knowing how much HP you have is far more valuable than seeing individual gains. If it showed <3 Holy Power> twice when you use Holy Light then WoG and EG procs, then this would not be an issue.

If I'm understanding you correctly, your concern is that, when you heal the beaconed target with a casted heal and it tells you <3 HP>, and immediately WoG someone else and get EG, the <3 HP> messages overwrite each other, rather than showing it twice.

In which case, simply having it display the message twice would be more beneficial than going back to showing gains rather than total.

Pretty much this. Damn, you explain it so clearly and I'm writing these long, thorough paragraphs. =P
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Forget that, I want a power aura for Speed of Light!
Reply Quote
So your concern is that EG ISN'T showing a <3 HP> when it procs? Because if so, that's entirely different from your initial concern.

Edit: You don't need a power aura for Speed of Light. You KNOW that is always happens after you cast Holy Shock. There's no situational proc for it which is where Power Aura is useful.

Edit edit: Also, what kind of PvP are you participating in where you have the entire opposing team attacking one target?
Edited by Jerald on 11/17/2010 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So your concern is that EG ISN'T showing a <3 HP> when it procs? Because if so, that's entirely different from your initial concern.

Yes, that was what I was saying.

Edit edit: Also, what kind of PvP are you participating in where you have the entire opposing team attacking one target?

Ugh, I never said anything about an entire team attacking one person, re-read my post.

And the issue was about healing your beacon which people rarely do in PvP so that's why your "PVPawesomehjealing15pplz" was considered null and void to me.

EDITTTTT

I found the problem and reported the "overwriting" as a bug on the forums so hopefully the devs fix it, now I'm off. Gotta get used to seeing < 3 Holy Power > instead of " +1(2)(3) Holy Power"

=(

Bye thread. Thank you Belf Pally. =)
Edited by Telulu on 11/17/2010 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have read this thread, and still don't understand what's going on. Can we get Bob Ross resurrected from the dead to draw us a picture?
Reply Quote
In the OP's first post, she's saying something about how the new method of displaying Holy Power gains was that it showed how much Holy Power you currently have instead of informing you that you've gained a charge any time you hit someone with holy shock or healed your beacon. No real problem was defined and left pretty much everyone confused because it sounded like she was complaining about an improvement.

Around 15 posts later, we finally discover that the OP was actually trying to say that she was not happy with the fact that when Eternal Glory (The first tier prot talent that gives Word of Glory a 30% chance to not consume your holy power) procs, it does not inform you that you still have the 3 holy power.

Edit: I'd try and get into the game to test this out but I currently can't download 4.0.3 so i can't.

Edit edit:
No, you don't give me that bull. PvP healing as a Holy Paladin is easier when it comes to using WoG effectively because every single person that you're healing isn't taking constant damage most of the time, like in a raid and in PvP I don't cast Holy Light on my beacon most of the time(I focus on others while my beacon gets healed too, the point of a BEACON) and that's where the problem lies.

I re-read it. There are only two situations where someone other than the tank should be taking consistent damage. Either they're standing in the fire, or it's a boss mechanic. And in the case of a boss mechanic, there are always, ALWAYS ways to help mitigate the damage being done. And I'm not sure how not healing your beacon is a problem for EG not displaying it's Holy Power gain.
Edited by Jerald on 11/17/2010 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]