I give up, I surrender!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I give up playing a Paladin Protection Tank, I can't hold or keep aggro anymore and when a DK Frost out tanks me in the dungeons I'm Surrendering I was almost all geared up to tank ICC and what other dungeons that may come not anymore my run through ICC is now a pipe dream I'll probably never see. Had a DK Frost tell me he's loving the tanking now its so easy with his DK and the warriors are now even better at tanking and he was so happy people stopped making Paladins it tickled him pink as he puts it paladins are over rated and needed a big time nerf so the other classes could shine.
So out of my fustration instead of quiting WoW I rolled up a mage who know's I may yet quit WoW someday but not today I'm just a minority in this and Blizzard doesn't listen to the minority. It is as it is but I won't be getting the expansion till maybe summer when I can afford to spend $40 dollars + tax on something.

<Steps off soap box>
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
You must be a clicker or something, read FAQ/guides on Tankspot/elitist/mmo-champion/these forums about tanking.

If you're a clicker the guides won't be able to help you, you'll have to learn to keybind.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
learn to tank perhaps
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest

So out of my fustration instead of quiting WoW I rolled up a mage
<Steps off soap box>

Karth made a video that will help you in your quest to become a perfect mage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISsOjfHgtws
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Yeah looking at your gear I can see why you are having issues, not to mention not having a tanking spec.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
also, on another note, paladins are my favorite tanks. mainly because they are the best in my experience...do research, dont blame blizz because your not bothering to look into anything about your class and are apparently not even intelligent enough to just ask questions in trade or even just know what to do
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I respecced to dps so i had to bank my tank gear so "m wearing level 78 crap right now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I respecced to dps so i had to bank my tank gear so "m wearing level 78 crap right now.

doesnt matter, judging by the way your specced for both specs you have no idea what you are doing anyways lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I give up playing a Paladin Protection Tank, I can't hold or keep aggro anymore and when a DK Frost out tanks me in the dungeons I'm Surrendering I was almost all geared up to tank ICC and what other dungeons that may come not anymore my run through ICC is now a pipe dream I'll probably never see. Had a DK Frost tell me he's loving the tanking now its so easy with his DK and the warriors are now even better at tanking and he was so happy people stopped making Paladins it tickled him pink as he puts it paladins are over rated and needed a big time nerf so the other classes could shine.
So out of my fustration instead of quiting WoW I rolled up a mage who know's I may yet quit WoW someday but not today I'm just a minority in this and Blizzard doesn't listen to the minority. It is as it is but I won't be getting the expansion till maybe summer when I can afford to spend $40 dollars + tax on something.

<Steps off soap box>

If your point was simply to rant, I guess your mission's accomplished.

If you were looking for advice or reasonable discussion, your delivery was off. In the spirit of being helpful though, here's my two cents -

The problem's not the class, it's your timing; you'd be having the same problem if you were just now trying to gear up a warrior, druid, or DK tank. There's a huge gear gap to bridge. You could get away with being carried as an undergeared DPS, and to a lesser extent healer, but it's tough to be an undergeared tank when your DPS is sporting t10.

Take a deep breath, relax, and realize that gear's going to be reset in a couple of weeks. If you want to keep tanking, start planning ahead now and be ready when Cataclysm launches.
Reply Quote
You must be a clicker or something, read FAQ/guides on Tankspot/elitist/mmo-champion/these forums about tanking.

If you're a clicker the guides won't be able to help you, you'll have to learn to keybind.

What is up with the hate against clickers? Mouse turning + clicking at the same time is pretty easy in PVE. PVP it's usually a problem.

Also, if someone can click as fast as they press buttons, what's the big deal so long as they do their job and stay out of the fire?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

What is up with the hate against clickers? Mouse turning + clicking at the same time is pretty easy in PVE. PVP it's usually a problem.

Also, if someone can click as fast as they press buttons, what's the big deal so long as they do their job and stay out of the fire?

you cant click as fast as you can press buttons, its just not possible lol
Reply Quote
He rolled a mage lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You know an I know you have no idea what I was like tanking before this patch as my Guild has a little note attached to me saying The Rocky Balboa of Tanks and I was usually the last man standing in a bad pull and usually managed to survive and rez everyone it wasn't about how well geared I was or what nifty trinkets I may have had, I knew my class I knew tanking and I have always loved playing a sword and board class. But since this patch I've been nothing but a fail tank and I can't even pug tank groups anymore without being kicked out within 10 minutes of being in an instance, now i usually tank with just my guild and the Fury Warrior duel wielding 2-h axes and the DK frost and my wifes Priest <Who gave up Holy spec as she was getting killed throwing heals and now bubbles the tank> and our guild leaders Warlock usually rounds out our guild group. I'm tired of people telling me learn how to tank, i'm begining to see this game is all about being an elitest if your not uber go play Aion or something. I chose holy to help offset healing for my wife when needed and I have healing armor in my pack but I suck at that also as I can't seem to generate any mana anymnore to be a very effective off healer.
An being a clicker yes I am, sorry but I have Parkinson's disease try pressing buttons on a keyboard fast enough to make it even count as being worthwhile I have a hard enough time keeping the mouse pointer visible on my screen as to worry about getting the right button combination.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I click and I out healed all you scrubs pre 4 .0 it's called healbot l2p.

yeah, cause you play with all of us. healbots for noobs that need mods to heal. buttons give you access to more skills easily at the press of a button, a mouse only has so many bindings...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You know an I know you have no idea what I was like tanking before this patch as my Guild has a little note attached to me saying The Rocky Balboa of Tanks and I was usually the last man standing in a bad pull and usually managed to survive and rez everyone it wasn't about how well geared I was or what nifty trinkets I may have had, I knew my class I knew tanking and I have always loved playing a sword and board class. But since this patch I've been nothing but a fail tank and I can't even pug tank groups anymore without being kicked out within 10 minutes of being in an instance, now i usually tank with just my guild and the Fury Warrior duel wielding 2-h axes and the DK frost and my wifes Priest <Who gave up Holy spec as she was getting killed throwing heals and now bubbles the tank> and our guild leaders Warlock usually rounds out our guild group. I'm tired of people telling me learn how to tank, i'm begining to see this game is all about being an elitest if your not uber go play Aion or something. I chose holy to help offset healing for my wife when needed and I have healing armor in my pack but I suck at that also as I can't seem to generate any mana anymnore to be a very effective off healer.
An being a clicker yes I am, sorry but I have Parkinson's disease try pressing buttons on a keyboard fast enough to make it even count as being worthwhile I have a hard enough time keeping the mouse pointer visible on my screen as to worry about getting the right button combination.

so learn the new mechanics...i see paladin tanks tanking no problem. therefor it must be user error.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]