I give up, I surrender!

80 Human Paladin
You know an I know you have no idea what I was like tanking before this patch as my Guild has a little note attached to me saying The Rocky Balboa of Tanks and I was usually the last man standing in a bad pull and usually managed to survive and rez everyone it wasn't about how well geared I was or what nifty trinkets I may have had, I knew my class I knew tanking and I have always loved playing a sword and board class. But since this patch I've been nothing but a fail tank and I can't even pug tank groups anymore without being kicked out within 10 minutes of being in an instance, now i usually tank with just my guild and the Fury Warrior duel wielding 2-h axes and the DK frost and my wifes Priest <Who gave up Holy spec as she was getting killed throwing heals and now bubbles the tank> and our guild leaders Warlock usually rounds out our guild group. I'm tired of people telling me learn how to tank, i'm begining to see this game is all about being an elitest if your not uber go play Aion or something. I chose holy to help offset healing for my wife when needed and I have healing armor in my pack but I suck at that also as I can't seem to generate any mana anymnore to be a very effective off healer.
An being a clicker yes I am, sorry but I have Parkinson's disease try pressing buttons on a keyboard fast enough to make it even count as being worthwhile I have a hard enough time keeping the mouse pointer visible on my screen as to worry about getting the right button combination.

I tanked before the patch, everything up to and including Lich King.

After the patch I tanked everything up to and including Lich King.

I fail to see the problem. Tanking isn't any harder really than it was before. The only difference is the threat generation is slightly lowered.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
They are all mods nub I use healbot and would own you noob.

lolololololololololololololol u mad bro?
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well i guess there's no further reason to keep going any further with this as I'm obviously just a retarded no skilled no brain-er stupid person in general who can't even tank or learn a new system. So you all win I'm incompetent and have there for canceled my WoW account and Deleted all my characters so if any hackers get around to my account all they will find is nothing on any server. It was a hard decision but you all cinched it for me there's no room for me in World of Warcraft that is 12 million player based strong I just can't compete I'm to old to care anymore I've been gaming on computers since 1986 guess this is a good enough reason to retire from online gaming and get a real life.

Good Luck Everyone and have fun with the expansion and your classes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I click and I out healed all you scrubs pre 4 .0 it's called healbot l2p.

yeah, cause you play with all of us. healbots for noobs that need mods to heal. buttons give you access to more skills easily at the press of a button, a mouse only has so many bindings...
Using a healing mod is like using any other mod for raiding. It makes an easy thing easier. Nothing wrong with that.
Reply Quote
Reforge, get Hit capped first, then Expertise capped. You cannot hold aggro with 57 Hit Rating, and the 17 Expertise doesn't help either. Spam run heroics, most healers can keep DPS alive even if they end up tanking, get your t10 and you'll be good. Or just wait a few weeks till Cata and start fresh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You must be a clicker or something, read FAQ/guides on Tankspot/elitist/mmo-champion/these forums about tanking.

If you're a clicker the guides won't be able to help you, you'll have to learn to keybind.

Lawl.

Absolute lawl.

The OP does need to do some research as Pally tanking is fine for the most part but you do not need to use key binds to tank well.

Not at all.
Edited by Shandrie on 11/17/2010 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm rather bored OP, so I'm going to point out your flaws.

NO enchants at all? Come on....
Wrong meta. Use an Austere earthsiege.
Lol at pure dodge and parry gems.
Mixture of blue and epic gems.
Holy bracers.
Your sword is garbage. Get the wrathful sword. 1785 honor is easy to get.
Farm the hell out of Theradras for a new shield.
Healer and Rogue rings, bad.
Get the Black Heart from ToC regular.
Spec into Vindication and Crusade.

Christ, and here I thought it was impossible to make bad choices with these new braindead talent trees =/

Edit: Also, no glyphs? Really? REALLY???
Edited by Rathius on 11/17/2010 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

yeah, cause you play with all of us. healbots for noobs that need mods to heal. buttons give you access to more skills easily at the press of a button, a mouse only has so many bindings...
Using a healing mod is like using any other mod for raiding. It makes an easy thing easier. Nothing wrong with that.

i dont use mods for raiding :O its easy enough without them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
rofl
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

i dont use mods for raiding :O its easy enough without them.
As I said, easy thing is easier. To each his own.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Let me offer a little suggestion, or perhaps two suggestions. Filter the insults out of this thread and jot down the advice that they try to prevent you from accepting. Secondly, come to accept that one of the most fun aspects of tanking and healing is deciding which irresponsible melee dps get to live, and which get to die. Just be sure to be between them and the healer on the threat table so if the healer decides that they get to spend 10g for fun, it doesn't cause unexpected problems.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
OP, you say you're an adult and yet if you read your own words you sound like a child.

It's very simple, grow a pair and learn to adapt or quit.....

Good luck to you, sorry to come off as an elitist but you need take a step back and take a deep breath.
Reply Quote
52 Dwarf Rogue
9/10
Very well done old chap. Extra points for having a level 80 geared extremely poorly with no enchants, poor gems, and terrible achievements. and the Rocky Balboa touch to comment on the state of old Ardent Defender passive proc!

I especially like how you say you ragequit and rerolled the current faceroll class. To comment on how Paladins used to be thought of as faceroll.

Look at the number of bites you've had!

I do say.

Well played,
Genar Tornspart

TL;DR Belfadin uses troll. It's very effective.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
TL:DR part II - the rest of the WoW community show up and spend a lot of time throwing lols and the word "fail" around.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I fail to see the problem. Tanking isn't any harder really than it was before. The only difference is the threat generation is slightly lowered.

Threat is only an issue in the first few seconds until we take a few hits to build up our attack power. My gear is at best mediocre. Yet last night on our Festergut kill, our Warlock who did 15k+ dps came nowhere near me in threat. And I did like 9.4k dps myself as the tank. Once you take a good bit of damage your attack power goes through the roof and you do tons of threat. DPS just need to learn to give you a few seconds. If you're still having problems, then you definately need to get your rotation sorted out, because you shouldn't be having threat issues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I may make a couple recommendations

1. If you're having trouble holding threat, I'd recommend upping your hit rating. It needs to be nearly 6 times what it is now, or else you're gonna miss the bosses you're trying to tank..alot. With skill dps'ers who don't miss firing off behind you, they're gonna pull aggro fairly fast, forcing you to use your taunt to grab the bosses back.

2. Your avoidance is too low. You need to up your secondary avoidance stats. Now that defense is gone, its time to focus on upping your dodge, parry, and block. There are tons of articles that can be googled to tell you what your target stats should be, and even make recommendations on gear that will get you there without having to rely on ICC drops.

3. Know your attacks. If you're pulling a multi-enemy mob, use HoR, if you're tanking a single target mob, use CS. Save your shield for when you have all three Holy Powers lit up. (I'm guessing you know this, but I've seen this issue trip up alot of pally tanks, so I figured it was worth mentioning).

Right now, all the classes have new challenges to overcome, but pallies are still very effective tanks once you learn how to stack your stats and work the proper rotations. Best of luck to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]