I give up, I surrender!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
After I cooled off walked the dogs around the block yesterday about 7 times and they were dragging lol I thought it time to come home. I admit my wife stopped me from deleting my toons, bless her for that I can be such a dumb butt sometimes without thinking and letting my bipolar get the better of me, I decided to solo tank last night and relearn tanking. I don't have any glyphs sorry I'm not a inscription crafter I have 1g 56s and 67 copper on my character so buying glyphs is out of the question for me so gonna go solo quests for awhile rebuild my finances and then maybe afford 1 glyph because the AH is selling them for 170 to 600 gold right now. I like my sword granted its not an ICC sword but then I've never been to ICC so I can't get a chance to get a nice sword. Shield been looking to replace it but can't find any good ones to replace it, maybe a link for a site that has good gear an where to get it, my bracer I want to severly replace but bracer drops seem far an wide and rare for protection, Enchanting hmm yes I've wanted to but I'm told don't enchant that crap gear you have on wait till you can get frost armor then enchant that as you'll be keeping that now we have catacombs coming out and all that gear will be worthless at least from what i'm told.
Besides I can't afford enchanting so it's a moot point, been trying to find replacement jewelry but I can't afford a JC so I have to do with drops and end rewards from quests. I want to be able to do ICC so I plead to the all knowing Paladin players for some reeducation and I'm apologizing for my anger commnets I posted a few steps back <I'm Sorry, please help me be a well geared Pally>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just a tip for gearing up right now, spam the event bosses Princess, Gahzrilla, and Flamelash. Princess drops a nice 251 shield, Gahz drops some bracers, and Flamelash drops a nice tanking chestpiece. All items are 251 and each victory awards JP that you can put towards a new vendor item.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually deleted this paladin once. It was quite cathartic. Less than 24 hours later, I requested it be restored though...lol.

Please don't ever complain about being poor in this game. Money is so incredibly easy to make nowadays. You'll make over 100g an hour just running instances. Dailies give 13g-20g per and take only a few minutes to complete. Regular quests give a ton of gold too. You probably have 3k to 4k in gold just waiting for you in Icecrown and Stormpeaks quest rewards.

You can level gathering professions and actually make money of selling the mats you leveled with (copper ore and bars are going for like 20g a stack on my server and you can mine/smelt those at level 1).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I can tell you that if you reforge, enchant, or even maybe gem to get some hit and hit the 5% cap, that'll do wonders, and i mean WONDERS for your threat. If you can get your hands on the glyph that gives 10 expertise while seal of truth is active, that will also help a ton. I realized this after ignoring it for a while and after I met both of those, not only do mobs stick to me like glue, but dps jumped up a ton also. Also just a few easy gear upgrades you could get would be fossilized ammonite choker from H HoR, the shield from Crown Princess Theradras which you can get following an elemental invasion, the black heart from H ToC, black spire sabatons from H FoS, Mark of the Relentless from H ToC, grab the cluth of fortification with JP from the emblem of triumph vendor, and all other available upgrades I see you could get from the emblem of frost and t10 vendors after grinding heroics for JP's. Try to reach as close to the hit cap as you can first to make the chain heroics much easier. With the geared healers running around, you could sacrifice a little health to get much closer if need be, but keep as much health as possible.
Edited by Redster on 11/18/2010 8:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I give up playing a Paladin Protection Tank, I can't hold or keep aggro anymore and when a DK Frost out tanks me in the dungeons I'm Surrendering I was almost all geared up to tank ICC and what other dungeons that may come not anymore my run through ICC is now a pipe dream I'll probably never see. Had a DK Frost tell me he's loving the tanking now its so easy with his DK and the warriors are now even better at tanking and he was so happy people stopped making Paladins it tickled him pink as he puts it paladins are over rated and needed a big time nerf so the other classes could shine.
So out of my fustration instead of quiting WoW I rolled up a mage who know's I may yet quit WoW someday but not today I'm just a minority in this and Blizzard doesn't listen to the minority. It is as it is but I won't be getting the expansion till maybe summer when I can afford to spend $40 dollars + tax on something.

<Steps off soap box>

l2p scrub nub kthxbye.com gtfo
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I give up playing a Paladin Protection Tank, I can't hold or keep aggro anymore and when a DK Frost out tanks me in the dungeons I'm Surrendering I was almost all geared up to tank ICC and what other dungeons that may come not anymore my run through ICC is now a pipe dream I'll probably never see. Had a DK Frost tell me he's loving the tanking now its so easy with his DK and the warriors are now even better at tanking and he was so happy people stopped making Paladins it tickled him pink as he puts it paladins are over rated and needed a big time nerf so the other classes could shine.
So out of my fustration instead of quiting WoW I rolled up a mage who know's I may yet quit WoW someday but not today I'm just a minority in this and Blizzard doesn't listen to the minority. It is as it is but I won't be getting the expansion till maybe summer when I can afford to spend $40 dollars + tax on something.

<Steps off soap box>

l2p scrub nub kthxbye.com gtfo

If you read a few posts up, he apologized for his words and politely asked for help, and if you can't give this guy some tips to improve his paladin then why say anything at all. Stop acting like a 12 year old.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I hit 80 AFTER 4.0. I actually never had trouble with threat, even when I was in BoE stuff tanking heroics. It was all tank stuff, and level 78 or above, with crafted 200 epics. I had no troubles holding agro. Infact, I loved it so much, my tank warrior that was my main is now looking like he'll be an alt in cata.

Avenger's shield hits like a <insert large massive thing hitting hard analogy>. You can get over 10k crits with it, and it will hit 3 targets. When I tank, Avenger's Shield counts for about 35% of my damage, followed by about 25% from hammer of the righteous. Even at low gear, Avenger's shield hits hard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Of the TRUE advice that was given, all good. IMO, all of the classes are undergoing some degree of changes that will require you to play smarter. Rotations may be similar, but not the same. One rotation will not fit all encounters. It will require you to think about the encounter, make a choice and execute. We are in an expansion state of play. Every expansion things change dramatically. This is an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of not only how to play the spec, but also why you play it that way. This enables you to become better equipped to adapt your play and make you a better player and team member all around.

Concerning, gear/enchants/gemming...while the obvious value will be relatively short lived. The process of going through it, will educate you not only on the value of your spec's stats, but also the availabilty of gear/enchants/gemming that will suit your needs. So as new ones come out, adding them to your knowledge will be trivial.

Clicking vs. Key press...hmm. I'm dual specd tank/heals. Tanking, I'm a key-presser. I like the freedom to use my mouse as a targeting device while tanking. I can select the target and act very accordingly very quickly. From a pat pickup to a taunt, mouse is the fastest way to pick em up and it can be overwhelming if your mouse clicking buttons and targeting with the same device.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
You're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I look forward to many more of these in cata.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I'm learning how to play a paladin tank ran several non-heroic pug dungeons yesterday to get a better feel before leaping into the fray and I was doing fairly well the priest was bored in a couple of the dungeons and actually asked me to get hurt so he could throw a couple heals, hehe.
Got a friend who hasn't played WoW since May to reactivate his account he has a JC and he's gonna craft me Titanium Earthguard Ring and Titanium Earthguard Chain he says these will greatly benefit me.
Working on getting glyph's my GM is able to do them but she can't at the moment since her computer won't last no more than a few minutes in game without restarting her computer so as soon as she gets that fixed I can get some major glyph's which I'm missing.
As soon as I can figure out what a good bracer to replace the dps bracer I have and where, I'll get that replaced any idea's guy's and gal's.
I would like to replace my Chestplate any idea's?
Also what type of Enchants should I be getting for my armor?
Thanks for any info you can share and provide.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
some one wrote a guide http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020823291

farm JPs, buy set gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you can find an enchanter that is maxed with most or all enchants, go through it. You will want to enchant anyhing with stamina and armor. The more the better. Head enchant you can buy from the Argent Crusade just outside of Dalaran, and shoulder enchant is purchased from Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks. Icescale Leg Armor Kits are made by LW.
Definitely Farm Justice Points by doing easy weekly raid, VoA, Heroics, Season Bosses.
Edited by Agetro on 11/19/2010 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
You should try to get the Shield and Bracers from the elemental invasion bosses. You can queue for them after the invasion is stopped. Cheap and very nice upgrades on both parts. Better than spending the money on the Saronite Swordbreakers.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
You must be a clicker or something, read FAQ/guides on Tankspot/elitist/mmo-champion/these forums about tanking.

If you're a clicker the guides won't be able to help you, you'll have to learn to keybind.

Ill go learn to keybind when you guys start outperforming me, the last guild i joined almost didnt invite me based on the fact im a clicker, yet within a week of joining i was the 2nd best dps in the guild despite having less gear than everyone else. i love it how people who aren't even enchanted correctly are hating on clickers please do us all a favor and get over it...
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Ill go learn to keybind when you guys start outperforming me, the last guild i joined almost didnt invite me based on the fact im a clicker, yet within a week of joining i was the 2nd best dps in the guild despite having less gear than everyone else. i love it how people who aren't even enchanted correctly are hating on clickers please do us all a favor and get over it...

I know, right? I can see how clicking can be very impractical at times. It's not perfect, but if it works for you, it's sufficient. I've had ppl be surprised I'm a clicker b/c of how well I perform. Thing is, most people don't realise how incredibly high I have my mouse sensitivity set. I have a 22" widescreen monitor and my mouse only has to move 1-2 inches to go from the left edge to the right (note: this is without lifting the mouse from the table). To move from an ability to another is a much smaller movement of the hand than reaching for keybinds. And now that the UI is smaller for high resolution monitors, I move even less. :D

Besides, for those watching Blizzcon and watching Paragon do the raids? One of the people whose screen they followed was the prot pally. I was watching carefully to see which abilities they were using when I noticed something: the mouse cursor was moving from ability to ability. Even Paragon has a clicker. :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Work within your guild to get into runs and chain heroics, they know you and should help your style of play and won't ninja the gear.
As for gold, look into gathering professions like herbalism or mining. Lower level herbs, ore/bars and leather still sells quickly in auction houses.
If gems are an issue, run wintergrasp whenever you can and purchase gems from the JC quartermaster in Orgrimmar with your honor points.
As for your chest piece, save JP for the tier piece.

Don't quit and keep asking questions. :-)
As for pug runs, ask them for a few seconds to gain aggro. Or adopt the you pull it you tank it mentality. Most dps in t9 to t10 can take a mob or two easily in a 5 man.
Edited by Thellye on 11/19/2010 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]