New HotR animation on PTR

85 Tauren Paladin
Anyone else notice the new orange pulse animation on HotR? I think it looks awesome!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Yea, when you use HotR, an glowy orange ring expands outwards like a shockwave.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
now its just a small orange shockwave on the floor, on the ptr its a larger shockwave centered around the paladin
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hopefully it's a frontal shockwave and not omnidirectional.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
No, I'm saying IF the damage is only conal, the graphic shouldn't be omnidirectional. Obviously if the damage is omnidirectional, so should the graphic.
Reply Quote
No, I'm saying IF the damage is only conal, the graphic shouldn't be omnidirectional. Obviously if the damage is omnidirectional, so should the graphic.

HotR hits everything around you, not just in a frontal cone.

Personally... while the effect is kinda cool, it just doesn't seem very "Holyish" to me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I miss the flying hammers. When fighting a large boss, there was a very satisfying "whoooosh" right before the "GONG!!" as the hammer graphic flew up to the target's hit spot.
Reply Quote
now its just a small orange shockwave on the floor, on the ptr its a larger shockwave centered around the paladin

Did anyone see this guys name and do a double take?

I even ran to Xayton's guide to make sure they werent the same person.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
More info based on my testing. HotR is in fact omnidirectional, but the radius of damage seems to be centered around your primary target, rather than around you.

For example, pretend we have 3 targets labeled A, B, C, and the paladin is labled P.

A...B......C
.....P

The paladin is facing B, and attacking B with HotR. The holy damage portion will hit A and B, but C is out of range. This is working as you expected.

Now let's try to hit B and C!

A...B...P...C

Now the paladin is still facing B, so basically he placed himself between B and C, and turned to face B. He attacks B with HotR...and the holy damage STILL hits A and B, while C takes no damage.

You might think, "but brave, that's just because it's not hitting targets behind you!!" That's not true though...observe!

A..P..B......C

Now the paladin is standing between A and B which are pretty close together, and he faces B, and hits it with HotR. It will hit both A and B with the holy portion yet again.

tl;dr My testing seems to indicate that the aoe holy damage from hammer of the righteous is an 8 yard radius around your primary target, not the paladin, despite what the spell graphic and tooltip seem to suggest.

Now, this is just based on my limited testing, I am not saying with any certainty that this is the way it is. Would love if someone else could do some more testing to see what they come up with.
Edited by Bravehearth on 11/20/2010 4:42 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]