Little Cata Tanking advice pl0x.

85 Worgen Warrior
So I tanked until ToC was released, and then I realized I have a lot more fun DPS'ing. I've recently rolled another Warrior, and decided I love Tanking again.
My question is, specced Prot of course, will there be enough tanking gear laying around the new leveling zones, like from quests and drops, for me to Tank the new five mans?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
So I tanked until ToC was released, and then I realized I have a lot more fun DPS'ing. I've recently rolled another Warrior, and decided I love Tanking again.
My question is, specced Prot of course, will there be enough tanking gear laying around the new leveling zones, like from quests and drops, for me to Tank the new five mans?

Yes.

Also, there is no zero or X in "please".
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I'm sure there will be I don't expect blizzard to make it THAT hard to gear up for tanks to be viable right off the start. I did not level my warrior from 80-85 on the beta but I did do the first zone and there where green tanking pieces offered as quest rewards so I can only assume there will be in the 85 zones too.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I gave up on WoW for over a year and about a month ago I resubscribed again. You can pull up my profile and see the tank gear I have. Will what I have be good enough for Cata dungeons?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
There is a lot of gear offered in the first few quests from the new zones, the gear is 272 so pretty much heroic icc equivalent. Just finish a zone and I'm sure you will be set for the first set of instances. If I remember right you have to unlock the instances through questing in the zones anyways. Or at leas have to discover them.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Great news, thanks for the advice everyone.
And oh, contrary canary. Of course pl0x has a zero and an X in it.
Reply Quote
76 Troll Warrior
There's crafted tank gear IIRC, so worst comes to worst you ask a Blacksmith.

The other thing is that you can just wear DPS plate gear because all you'll really lose is some evasion stats.

Yeah, I gave up on WoW for over a year and about a month ago I resubscribed again. You can pull up my profile and see the tank gear I have. Will what I have be good enough for Cata dungeons?

In regards to this: I honestly don't know. The baby dungeons in cata are easy enough, but you might have some trouble/might have to put up with lazy/bad healers.

In all honesty, you'll probably level faster if you gun past the instances and just do quests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]