What's with all of the epileptic mages lately

81 Blood Elf Paladin
I swear, every single group I get with a mage in it either thinks he/she can tank, pulls aggro like crazy, runs into melee range and stands in the AoE. I haven't had one run where a mage has actually played like, well, a mage.

They all act either drunk or like they're having a seizure when they play.

I played a mage way back in the day and well, I had a couple of mages under my wing who played that way. The healers just stopped healing them and let them die in raids, figuring they'd get the hint. I'm about to re-invoke that rule if this keeps up.

I don't mind the slip once in a while. But when I get a mage who insists on tickling the underneath of a mob's sac, I can't help but act like my healing buttons don't work.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Wait until you see shadow priests AoE. Dot everything up, run around in circles in melee range spamming Holy Nova.

Very strange.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Improved Arcane Explosion. New talent, Old Raids. Just heal em till cata drops, I imagine Cata raids will be talent friendly and allow mages to AoE in melee range.
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh I don't mind if it's designed that way for Cata. But that's not for another three weeks. :)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
It's suicidal, not epileptic. I'd let em die.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just yell out, OMG BUG! or OMG LAG! once they died, rez them. rinse and repeat
Reply Quote
Just yell out, OMG BUG! or OMG LAG! once they died, rez them. rinse and repeat

Don't even need to do that, let dumb dps die
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I can answer this one for you, as I have a mage I'm leveling.

ITS JUST SO DAMN FUN

And yes, I often pull agro, get blown up by a million mobs, and top the charts lol.

Fire especially is a huge culprit. Watching things explode is like a drug I can't resist.
Edited by Alpine on 11/17/2010 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not sure where you have been but this has really been the calling card of the retard mages for oh...at least 5 years. Same as huntards keeping pet on growl or aggresive the whole time.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Mages are the current flavor savor. This is to be expected.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I've never done this, at least not intentionally, but sometimes I want to.

As a Frost mage, I get my random FFB and FoF procs. However, in heroics etc I notice they always seem to proc just as the mob is about dead. The next mob is only a few yards away, and I plan on using my procs on them once the tank gets aggro. I swear to God, it seems like the tanks are watching my procs, because we'll just stand there for 30 seconds, while I watch my procs disappear. I know it's not deliberate (I hope), but for me it can be really irritating when it seems like the tank doesn't pull until my procs are gone. I can't help but feel like it's a waste. It is tempting to just use my procs and then ice block or something.

I don't know if this is the case for all mages, but that's what causes me to think about it. I've never done it though, since I know tanking/healing with pull happy DPS can be annoying and rage inducing.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Yeah I have tanks and healers of all classes and if dps are being stupid and pulling agro I don't taunt the mob attacking em or heal them on my healers. I don't need to work harder so said dps can have more "fun". It also really irritates me when dps don't assist my tank :p
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
They could have grabbed aggro and ran over to the tank so he could pick it up more easily.
Reply Quote
95 Human Priest

They all act either drunk or like they're having a seizure when they play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mS5GK--cQ
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
We have a mage in our raids who is instructed to effectively tank two of the little ghouls on H LK so they're available for the shambler tank to grab.

I was wondering why the hell he had aggro so much of the time, and then someone told me it was deliberate.

Damn mage tanks. >.>

We have two fire mages who just tank the ghouls because they're dumb. It's NOT deliberate in our guild. lol They just ignore me on my Disc priest as I cry about bubbles.

Lost and Verioth, I'm talking about you. >(

I should add that the resto druids do a better job of tanking the ghouls than the fire mages, just to be fair. :D <3
Edited by Sunarra on 11/19/2010 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]