Eternal Glory - No more back to back procs

85 Blood Elf Paladin
9105
All the information you really need is in the title.

On the beta, Eternal Glory has been changed so that back to back procs no longer happen.
If Eternal Glory procs, it will not proc again until you have spent the holy power it refunded.

Near as I can tell it's been this way since they nerfed Holy Shock.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
6435
All the information you really need is in the title.

On the beta, Eternal Glory has been changed so that back to back procs no longer happen.
If Eternal Glory procs, it will not proc again until you have spent the holy power it refunded.

Near as I can tell it's been this way since they nerfed Holy Shock.


I am not exactly sure how that fixes anything. Changing EG in that manner makes the talent sorta useless...
Edited by Xayton on 11/18/2010 1:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
7060
All the information you really need is in the title.

On the beta, Eternal Glory has been changed so that back to back procs no longer happen.
If Eternal Glory procs, it will not proc again until you have spent the holy power it refunded.

Near as I can tell it's been this way since they nerfed Holy Shock.


I am not exactly sure how that fixes anything. Changing EG in that manner makes the talent sorta useless...


Going to have to agree here, it was already really flaky for me because it just felt odd, it was like I had to think

"Ok, there's a 30% chance this is going to be a decent heal combo. 70% chance that those talent points fail to help at all"

I really, really do not like these "might not use Holy Power" talents. They just feel odd and are more likely to not help at all when needed.
Edited by Kerawyn on 11/18/2010 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
5275
RNG as a tank and healer is bad. Those two roles the thing you want most is security. You want to know that what you are doing is going to do what you want all the time every time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10480
Even less survivability in pvp...great.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10930
Even less survivability in pvp...great.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
3900
This is sad.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
4355
This is a necessary step in the means to balance paladins for tanking and healing against the other classes
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
2525
All the information you really need is in the title.

On the beta, Eternal Glory has been changed so that back to back procs no longer happen.
If Eternal Glory procs, it will not proc again until you have spent the holy power it refunded.

Near as I can tell it's been this way since they nerfed Holy Shock.


If I cast WoG, which consumes HoPo, and EG procs and I get the HoPo back, according to the change I can't get an EG proc until I cast WoG to consume the refunded HoPo, but EG wouldn't proc anyway unless I cast WoG a 2nd time, in which case I would have consumed the refunded HoPo.

Are you saying that 2nd WoG cast won't have a chance to proc EG?

If yes, I'm confused by the wording above, because the 2nd WoG cast would have consumed the HoPo refunded from the 1st WoG cast.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
6435
All the information you really need is in the title.

On the beta, Eternal Glory has been changed so that back to back procs no longer happen.
If Eternal Glory procs, it will not proc again until you have spent the holy power it refunded.

Near as I can tell it's been this way since they nerfed Holy Shock.


If I cast WoG, which consumes HoPo, and EG procs and I get the HoPo back, according to the change I can't get an EG proc until I cast WoG to consume the refunded HoPo, but EG wouldn't proc anyway unless I cast WoG a 2nd time, in which case I would have consumed the refunded HoPo.

Are you saying that 2nd WoG cast won't have a chance to proc EG?

If yes, I'm confused by the wording above, because the 2nd WoG cast would have consumed the HoPo refunded from the 1st WoG cast.


I thought that too, then I went and re-read what Eternal Glory actually does. When you proc it you don't actually spend the holy power. The current wording of EG says "30% chance to not cost holy power." It only looks like you are spending the holy power because it vanishes and comes back, but in reality (in terms of EG) you never actually spent it. Then again I could be totally wrong.
Edited by Xayton on 11/18/2010 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
2105

I thought that too, then I went and re-read what Eternal Glory actually does. When you proc it you don't actually spend the holy power. The current wording of EG says "30% chance to not cost holy power." It only looks like you are spending the holy power because it vanishes and comes back, but in reality (in terms of EG) you never actually spent it. Then again I could be totally wrong.


Yet when you cast it at the beginning of a BG when you can cast anything for free, you can build up HoPo by casting this, as in, if it procs, you get two HoPo.
Edited by Ultralisk on 11/18/2010 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
7635
Even less survivability in pvp...great.



>prot paladin


says the dk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
17750
Probably necessary for Holy PvP but pretty harsh on both ret and prot PvP survivability when combined with the Protector of the Innocent nerf (although PoTI is fairly useless for prots/rets at 85 because of scaling).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
6435
How exactly is the change written? I would guess there's just an internal CD on the effect unless it's specifically worded to be tied to HP usage. Assuming it is just a CD,I'm not seeing a huge change or nerf for PvE tanking. Possibly for Holy, and maybe some PvP, which I guess might suck for those who do that stuff.

The way I use it now, or at least try to, if I can avoid getting tunnel vision, is ShotR with a Sacred Duty proc, and WoG without or when I think I need to. An EG proc typically gets used for ShotR anyway. The only time I can recall using multiple WoGs back to back intentionally is on Dreamwalker.


I use back to back WoGs very often actually (messing around with WoG build). After I get a nice threat lead I actually stop using ShoR and use WoGs. The over healing shield is nuts. When I was tanking Marrowgar the other day I took much less damage then the other tank because of how much damage I was absorbing. It really is nuts.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
8270
Even less survivability in pvp...great.



>prot paladin


says the dk.


^^Has no clue who they are talking too.

I dont have a EG build but wasnt the purpose of the talent to give us a bonus from time to time for using WoG when tanking? You use the heal then you get either a free additional heal or free SotR.

I dont see how this changes things much unless you were really really abusing the WoG shield like Xayton was...which i guess is the intention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
17750
Zap - WoG scaling is a major issue on Beta (see the tanking forums), where once a decent threat lead is established, paladin tanks can spam huge WoGs (apparently being boosted by Vengeance, which they shouldn't be) without any consequence. So, while it's not an issue on Live, really, it is on Beta. This sort of addresses a part of that issue (spammability), but not the important part (the massive scaling).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
6435
Zap - WoG scaling is a major issue on Beta (see the tanking forums), where once a decent threat lead is established, paladin tanks can spam huge WoGs (apparently being boosted by Vengeance, which they shouldn't be) without any consequence. So, while it's not an issue on Live, really, it is on Beta. This sort of addresses a part of that issue (spammability), but not the important part (the massive scaling).


WoG being boosted by Vengeance is something they are aware of. GC even said it shouldn't be like that.

But even now, once you get a nice threat lead you have no reason to ever use ShoR unless you need to get a large threat lead again. WoG's shield is way to good to pass up. Frost Resist + WoG Shield = Trivialized Heroic Sindy.
Edited by Xayton on 11/18/2010 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]