Power Word: Shield

85 Blood Elf Priest
So, I was having some extra time on the global cooldown on my bubbles this afternoon, I thought it was just my internet or something, but after talking with some other Priests they seem to be having the issue too.

Anyone have an idea on what is causing it or how to fix it?
Edited by Rarius on 11/18/2010 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary. There is however a new latency slider in the options menu. Try playing with that and see what kind of results you get.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The GCD on PWS has been buggy since 4.0 hit.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Nothing wrong with the CD, sillies

PW:S is no longer instant

it has a 4 sec cd, and we reduce it by 2 sec

So, it means that we wait .5 sec after global cd to cast it again
For most people with haste who have gcd down to almost 1sec, that is a 1sec wait timer before you can cast it again.

The idea is to stack haste to get a FH or instant cast in between shields. Good idea on blizz's part.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Nothing wrong with the CD, sillies

PW:S is no longer instant

it has a 4 sec cd, and we reduce it by 2 sec

So, it means that we wait .5 sec after global cd to cast it again
For most people with haste who have gcd down to almost 1sec, that is a 1sec wait timer before you can cast it again.

The idea is to stack haste to get a FH or instant cast in between shields. Good idea on blizz's part.

How is it not instant? Also the cooldown is 3 seconds now, 2/2 Soul Warding reduces it to a 1 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
gotta reforge for haste. 900-1000 i would think?

currently at 820ish and still noticeable to me.
Reply Quote
84 Undead Priest
Someone mentioned somewhere that it was because of Glyph of PW:S being buggy. Dunno if that's still the case. Anyways, try removing the glyph and see if that helps.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
This is a bug that has been out since the patch. There are a few posts in this regard in the bug report forum.

Eg : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1063486607

The haste cap for disc is a bit lower than that for holy as disc tree has the Borrowed Time talent.
Assuming that you also have 5% haste buff from an external source like a shadow priest -
With 0/3 Darkness, you need around 830 haste rating at level 80 for gcd cap

As a disc priest, you can spec into 2/3 Darkness easily without losing other valuable talents.
With 2/3 Darkness, you need around 750 haste rating at level 80 for gcd cap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]