Icecrown Dailies Gold Amounts

85 Draenei Priest
So what's the deal with the amount of gold you get from doing a daily going from 13g to 2g. Some still have the original values, but it looks like most have dropped to 7g and some all the way down to 2.

I was biding my time doing Dailies until Cata comes out and now they aren't really worth doing.
Support Forum Agent
So what's the deal with the amount of gold you get from doing a daily going from 13g to 2g. Some still have the original values, but it looks like most have dropped to 7g and some all the way down to 2.

I was biding my time doing Dailies until Cata comes out and now they aren't really worth doing.

I don't have any information on this yet, Dallianna - but it is being looked into.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I agree 100%. This is exactly what happened when WOTLK came out, they cut all the pre LK daily rewards in half. This was intentional with this last patch with out giving us the courtesy of a warning and anything in the notes. One more example of Blizzard not giving a crap about the players.
Edited by Olepi on 11/18/2010 6:31 AM PST
100 Troll Shaman
not everything is posted in the patch notes, but with 3 weeks or so till cata it should be expected.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
Threat from Above now rewards 2g.

Chillmaw... 2g.

Go forth and slay the mighty dragon young adventurer! And I shall give you tuppence!
85 Draenei Shaman
Yep, sounds intentional as to prevent people from loading up with 25 dailies and getting a decent XP boost the first day of Cata.
85 Orc Shaman
I'm going to guess intentional for the reasons that Lumines stated, but they may bumo them up again if they feel that this is too long to go with them at the lower cost.

I'll probably still do them for the seals (there's two heirloom chest pieces I'm missing, and it's preferable to use those rather than justice points).
91 Blood Elf Hunter
Actually, most dailies I've seen are awarding 7g...a few are granting 13g, others not so much.
100 Draenei Paladin
AK
I guess this explains why my 80 alt turning in a couple quests in Outlands just to finish them off wasn't even making a gold on some of them. :T
100 Dwarf Priest
Wonder how long it takes to find information on this. Obviously an entire work day.

Well, considering Orlyia went home hours ago, it's likely you wont get an answer until the next scheduled GM comes on, or she gets back late tonight.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Wonder how long it takes to find information on this. Obviously an entire work day.

Well, considering Orlyia went home hours ago, it's likely you wont get an answer until the next scheduled GM comes on, or she gets back late tonight.

And there's also the consideration that the development and QA staff (who could confirm this as a bug or "working as intended") is only just getting to work. It's barely 9am in Blizzard Country.

100 Dwarf Priest

And there's also the consideration that the development and QA staff (who could confirm this as a bug or "working as intended") is only just getting to work. It's barely 9am in Blizzard Country.

That too, but my brain didn't feel like working up the math ;-)

While my video card has been over heating and crashing, my brain crashes with the cold snowy weather ;-)
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
That too, but my brain didn't feel like working up the math ;-)

Math is sort of my job. :)
85 Human Warrior
I have been posting about this in the Bug Report and Quest forums but I thought I'd add one here too because it got Blue attention and none of the others have. Also, math is sort of my job too >.>

Previous to yesterday, the way gold rewards worked for a capped (level 80) toon was that you got the higher of the quest's usual gold reward or 6 copper per exp the quest would reward to an 80. In the majority of level 80 quests such as dailies, we were getting converted exp. A typical level 80 quest gives 22000 exp and 7g, and 6c*22000 = 13g or so which is of course more than 7g.

Yesterday they changed that 6c per to 1c per. In almost all cases that meant that we are now getting the 7g basic quest reward that even uncapped toons get. 1c*22000 = only 2.2g which is less than most normal quest rewards.

There are a couple of unusual quests that illustrate that this was the change. Some of the Tournament dailies offer no gold reward at all to uncapped toons. So any gold you get from them must be from converted exp. For those they dropped from 13g all the way down to 2.2g. Some quests did not change at all, such as the 5 man group dailies on the Skybreaker/Org Hammer. They offered 22g basic reward which was already bigger than the converted exp would be so they are not affected by this change.

I do just want to point out a few things that this is not because people thinking it is may slow down getting it fixed.
* It is not that they stopped giving converted exp or changed our "capped" status early, they just reduced the conversion greatly.
* It is not just dailies, it is all quests.
* It is not just level 80 zone quests, it is all quests.
* It is not (or at least should not be) a re-calibration for Cata. Even at level 85, 1c per exp point is going to be a trivial reward, meaning under this system daily rewards will be too small to bother with at 85 as well. They might as well take the feature out altogether if they plan to leave it like this.

My guess is they may have intended to change the reward formula from the max(G, kX) style that it was to more of a (G + kX) style but with a smaller k, but only made half the change. But that is just speculation.
85 Draenei Priest
Thanks for that Explanation Thrugg.

I hope they make some kind of adjustment to this new formula to get the rewards closer to where they were or, as stated before, there will not really be any reason to do Dailies anymore.

The one additional thing I noticed though was that the Dailies on the Isle of Quel'Danas (BC) are still giving out the same 4g they always did.
Edited by Dallianna on 11/18/2010 11:19 AM PST
89 Draenei Shaman
I recall a reduction on the isle but that was a day or two before Wrath's shelf date not 2weeks lol :)
Sulfuron Ingots don't come cheap! Hope there's a quick solution. <3 you guys.
Edited by Kaataa on 11/18/2010 1:50 PM PST
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]