Paladin healing rotation

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So I'm really very new to WoW less then 2 months. I've spent so much time spamming my lvls that I've never really tired healing(outside of myself). Dungeon experience is mostly getting towed.

Any tips on a healing rotation for a pally? I wanna start doing dungeons with people close to my lvl but while I'm sure "sorry I'm new" is ok I'd rather try not to kill anyone. I know BoL the tank :-) and make sure to use HS for the holy points.... I tried reading up on a lot of stuff but really everything is still seems to be pre-4.0.1. So any help would be appreciated
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Holy Shock on cooldown, WoG or LoD when you have 3 HP, depending on whether you need a group heal or a single target heal.

Otherwise, fill in with Holy Light/Flash of Light as mana allows and necessity requires.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing doesn't have a rotation. :P

You want to use Holy Shock every 6 seconds, then Word of Glory with three holy power if someone needs it.

Holy Light for most of the rest of the time, and Flash of Light if someone's really getting hit. You get Divine Light at 62, but that's not very useful yet.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, watch for the haste buff you get from HS. You can pop off a quick HL right after and this is extremely helpful given the ridiculous cast time of HL.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed HL takes a long time to cast, but FoL empties my very small mana pools really fast, though I assume that will have the same effect even at higher lvls yes?

Also on the same note, I've heard different thoughts on direct tank healing with beacon. Logically I know whoever is closest to dying should get the heal but assuming everyone is doing ok health wise should I WoG on the tank or a DPS because 50% healing goes back to the tank anyway?

I know I'll have to learn to feel for myself but I'd rather be prepared before I give it a go the first time around

I don't have LoD yet not even talent points
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed HL takes a long time to cast, but FoL empties my very small mana pools really fast, though I assume that will have the same effect even at higher lvls yes?

Also on the same note, I've heard different thoughts on direct tank healing with beacon. Logically I know whoever is closest to dying should get the heal but assuming everyone is doing ok health wise should I WoG on the tank or a DPS because 50% healing goes back to the tank anyway?

FOL should only be used if you have someone near death and HS is on CD. As far as beaconing the tank, remember that casting heals on your beacon generates Holy Power and holy power = mana free heals. Keep the tank beaconed and if he's the only one taking damage, you're still building your charges up to use on WOG by healing the beacon target.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We are healers we have no rotation, must choose to use spells based on the situation. when there isnt too much stress, or not much damage is being loaded on to the group/raid, HL all of them. take your time, save your mana, throw in a few shock from time to time. and Wog is now one of our best mana saver.

when things get out of hand and argo goes flying all over the place, I'd suggest FOL/HS/Wog spam until your group goes out of danger (But dont over heal, such waste of mana)

divine light wont be too useful until your in raids.

just a few example, you'll need to learn to use all of them based on your own pace and style, a lot of healing is done based on experience not theory.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
There is no rotation. However, unless you need maximum hps for a period of time it's wise to keep Holy Shock as close to cooldown as possible and WoG used at three HP as much as possible in any given encounter, assuming that mana is actually an issue in said situation.
Reply Quote
I think with the new patch we have to be approaching a rotation. While at times we can pick and choose based on the situation, I usually fit things into Holy shock, holy light (the set bonus with my armor makes the HL after HS very fast!) then it's healer pick'em for one or two spells and back to the beginning. I didn't heal until level 80 so I don't know how this would work for lower level pallys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]