Lux et Umbra - A Priest Mechanics Guide

(Sticky)

80 Night Elf Priest
Here's hoping Cataclysm Priests have a consistently updated reference. I regret not adding a "good through" date to the thread title when I stopped playing. Been waiting for a free pass to sabotage the thread so the moderators would take it down, but it's a little late now!

Kudos to Nysem and those of you applying old fashioned empiricism to the way this virtual world works. I'm happy playing a wider variety of games and turning my analysis compulsion to moral philosophy. Unlikely to be back here, but I am sometimes logged into Battle.net on this character: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1623092/1/Nightshroud/

Now, everyone do the right thing and re-roll to Gnome Priests.
Reply Quote

Now, everyone do the right thing and re-roll to Gnome Priests.
Way ahead of this. Also, it's about time Nysem. I also feel sorry for that poor Gnome lock who doesn't get the PI love. Wtf, m9?
Reply Quote
Very helpful and deserving of a sticky ASAP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thanks for keeping the post alive! Is there a sticky feature yet?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Thanks for keeping the post alive! Is there a sticky feature yet?

There is not. Unfortunately, I accidentally reported a post to find out. ._.

Edit - Oh, well, apparently youre supposed to get a drop down box to choose a reason/enter a comment like you did with the old forum. I have no idea why those don't show up for me though.
Edited by Nysem on 11/20/2010 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Good read, thank you very much for posting this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
gratias vobis ago

Lux et umbra vicissum sed semper amor

I will be playing my priest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
request sticky please
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Wasn't there talk of making bosses in later tiers a little bit more powerful than a flat +3 levels?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=26850257725&pageNo=4#61 (last paragraph).

So you might need a little bit more +hit.
I thought it had something to do with making Glyph of Divine Accuracy +18% hit instead of +17%.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Yes, I was actually thinking about how I was going to go about explaining that this morning. He mentioned the 17% hit cap remaining unaffected for the first tier of raiding, so unless they changed their mind since then the current explanation is fine for the time being. My understanding is that it's pretty difficult to hit cap on the beta as it is.

We're also going to be experiencing crit suppression for lack of a better term in later tiers of raiding so I intend to cover that as well. :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Have you ever hit the quote button instead of the edit button? I just did that.
Edited by Nysem on 11/22/2010 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
i am the thing that goes

/bump

in the night.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Hi Constie. ♥
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Shameless bump
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I think that posts concerning game mechanics will likely be stickied after cataclysm comes out and the game data is finalized. As it is, most guides are tentative at best.

When we get there too, I'd love to see rotation suggestions as well.

P.S. Bump
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Reserved

sup
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
A few things:

- I added Resilience to the stats section. I don't know why it didn't occur to me when I was working on that section and it was silly to not add it despite being straightforward. I've found a large amount of conflicting information about the current "cap", but I don't know if it's something we can obtain in Cataclysm. We'll see. It's something I would like to include if it matters.

- If you have suggestions on how I can improve this to help a PvP focused player in general I'd like to hear them. I believe I've covered just about everything as it is, but I kill interweb dragons and may have missed something arena/rated BG players would view as important for an inexperienced priest to know. Keep in mind that it's a "how it works" guide not a "how to play" guide!

- Report it for a sticky if you like it! Oh and /like it too.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Great Post!

*Sticky*

I would love more info on individual specs, i.e. shadow rotation, how disc and holy are expected to heal now, etc. I'm new to priests and I want to fail LESS! lol

Thanks for the time and the effort!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]