Priest, Druid, or Shaman?

82 Undead Priest
Title basically explains it. I have an 80 Priest, Druid, and Shaman. Goblins REALLY appeal to me, which narrow it down to Shaman or Priest... but from all the QQ I've been seeing, I'm getting a little scared of taking my priest into Cataclysm.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Whatever you pick, the game mechanics will inevitably change and at some point your character will be in a weak position compared to everyone else. Unless you're in a dedicated progression raiding guild or heavily into ranked PVP, then I'd suggest just choosing a class that has mechanics that suit you.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Level the druid first, and level the priest in your spare time. I'm guessing druids will remain vastly superior to priests through the first tier. After that they might over-buff priests or something so I'd have it ready just in case. :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Unfortunately I couldn't recommend the Priest class to anyone at this stage.
Level the Shaman to be a goblin. Plus the Goblin totems look very awesome!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I'm going with the Druid first, and I might consider race changing to a troll, then I'll be talking my alts. Priest, Rogue, Paladin. to 85. Gotta keep up with my money grind.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I think most of the complaints are from healers who got use to easymode healing. Each class has better abilities under some situation than others. Each has its little tricks. Most people complaining don't like change and change has happened as it will happen in the future.

I am going to roll a shaman for Cata. After reading the boards, which were mostly people complaining, I found a high level shaman and asked him about the changes and felt much better.

As for priest or shaman that would be tough. I like priests a lot more than the druid and pally. For me the shaman would be a new healing class to play as I have already played the other 3.

Reply Quote
15 Undead Mage
Shaman.

Resto druids are going to be horrible at 85.

How so?

They are so good right now that they keep getting nerfed. As long as they don't get over nerfed druids should be in a very good place. Especially since they can heal so much while moving, something shaman really can't do.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Whatever you pick, the game mechanics will inevitably change and at some point your character will be in a weak position compared to everyone else. Unless you're in a dedicated progression raiding guild or heavily into ranked PVP, then I'd suggest just choosing a class that has mechanics that suit you.

This right here! Priests have been getting several changes over the past couple of weeks, and I think when Cata launches, we won't be in nearly as bad of a place that some players believe we are in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It may be unbalanced now, but everything will change by 85. If that doesn't scale properly, underpowered classes will be buffed, changed & so on until it is fair.

There is not much use choosing to level a character now based on how OP it currently is, all classes will be going through massive scaling when cata goes live.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

This.

Although at this time (where beta is), I'd pick a paladin, which is not one of your choices I noticed. I do love my priest and I've played one since beta over six years ago but everyday I'm tempted to play the paladin. The playstyle for them just became much more fluid somehow, whereas my holy priest feels so clunky. I'm not talking about numbers or class power, just how it feels to me as I play both classes.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Pick a class that is fun for you to play. You should never base what class you play on QQ for this game is always changing.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
Druid, while my main was a shaman after a long time i loathed how i would have to level a new character to tank.

Rolling a druid is an easy choice because down the road should you choose to do another roll the druid has you covered. Tank, melee dps, ranged dps, and tank all there in one lil furry package.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

This right here! Priests have been getting several changes over the past couple of weeks, and I think when Cata launches, we won't be in nearly as bad of a place that some players believe we are in.

I agree with this in so many ways it's unbelievable =D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TG
... from all the QQ I've been seeing, I'm getting a little scared of taking my priest into Cataclysm.

Thoughts?

Priests just got massive buffs in the last changes. (20% buff to direct heals and PoH buff among others) They will be fine.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Druid, while my main was a shaman after a long time i loathed how i would have to level a new character to tank.

Rolling a druid is an easy choice because down the road should you choose to do another roll the druid has you covered. Tank, melee dps, ranged dps, and tank all there in one lil furry package.

hehe, you said furry
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

I've played each healing class and I can tell you that there will always be players crying their class is not good enough. Even through all the crying I've been able to play each class well (Shaman, Priest, Druid. Paladins bore me to tears.)

Go with what motivates you to play the best way you think you can. Which ever motivates you to do awesome and have fun doing so. If you need someone to convince you that you're playing a good class or constantly look at numbers to make you believe you're not playing a bad class then that class is not for you.

At the end of the raid/match it is you playing that class and what make that class great starts with you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Live balance does not reflect how things will be at 85.

Play whatever you enjoy the most, all healers are extremely close in terms of balance (pve) on beta right now.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I also have level 80 Priest, Shaman and Druid.

My priest has been my main, but for the first time after the patch she got sat on a progression raid.

So now I am playing my Druid.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]