1 vs 1 what classes do you kill?

In a 1 vs 1 scenario with you in stealth, how do you fair?

This is assuming you are in stealth and get your opener.

DK - easy
War - easy
Hunter - easy
Lock - easy
Mage - not easy but can be done
Priest - not easy but can be done
Pally - hope you have ten minutes to wear them down but doable
Druid - ranges either easy/they run away/stoneform and pray
Sham - don't notice these guys as much and haven't dueled any good ones. I'm guessing enh and ele aren't hard and resto is a snorefest.

Anybody else have anything to add? I stopped playing my Mage cause it was boring, but rogue feels like it requires more finesse and I like it.

Sometimes I feel helpless against spriests though. Totally helpless
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
i have a big problem with locks with fel guards and spriests... really all priests. but mainly fel guard locks and spriests.

any help with these classes would be awesome
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Rogue
List looks about right, my additions would be:

Locks -
Demonology Locks are nearly impossible with the Hellfire glyph (increases range by 10 yards resulting in 20). We are forced to use SS for the opener and Garrote isn't reliable due to lag, so disarming the Felguard gives a small window of opportunity. This is coming from a duelist perspective where each class will have all of his cooldowns ready. In BGs, you should be able to get the jump on the Warlock. Just make sure you focus the felguard and disarm them. The Warlock will just be confused as to why his pet isn't stunning you.

Any other type is easy.

Paladin -
Holy takes forever but just requires setting up a 1 minute rotation and executing it repeatedly. Bubbling can set this back even longer.

Ret is easy as long as you don't engage without trinket. If you're stuck without trinket you better CloS at an opportune time to not get caught in HoJ.

Prot is easy.

Priest -
Use all of your cooldowns and any type of Priest is pretty easy to manage. Lock them down with Garrote and KS, use blind offensively and expect them to trinket the blind (if they have experience dueling Rogues).

Depending on the Priest, I use CloS offensively. If they are a good player, don't try it. Trinket fear, not the disarm.

Druid -
Resto is similar to a holy Paladin. Stop attacking when thorns is up. If they have the thorn glyph, leave.

Balance is easy. Watch out for thorns and use CloS offensively when they cast it if you need to keep the pressure up.

Dwarves are blessed against Ferals. You should never have a problem with them if you're a Dwarf, because they can't do anything after Evasion is up (any other Rogue - if they get the jump, you're dead). You basically can't let them hit you once. Save 5PT kidney for when they switch forms and use Recup if they go bear. Save trinket for bash.

Warrior -
Garrote + Rupture + Recup. Don't stun them.

Rogue -
If you get the jump, mirror their cooldowns and keep bleeds on them. Make sure you have Hemo glyphed. If you don't get the jump, try to Blind + Sap. This is another area where Dwarf Rogues are best.

Mage -
Pray he is a bad player.

Again, this is only in duels. For BGs depending on who you are with you will want to adapt much different strategies.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
Rogue -
If you get the jump, mirror their cooldowns and keep bleeds on them. Make sure you have Hemo glyphed. If you don't get the jump, try to Blind + Sap. This is another area where Dwarf Rogues are best.

LOL this cannot be serious.

The hemo bleed ticking for 100 damage is ALWAYS serious.
Reply Quote
The hemo bleed ticking for 100 damage is ALWAYS serious.

Hemo glyph is always serious. The bleed lasts for what feels like an eternity, increases your dmg by 10% and prevents them from going blind>stealth. (unless they are a dwarf that is)

Rogue duels aren't usually that long, and extra CP might not be available for a rupture.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

Druid - ranges either easy/they run away/stoneform and pray.

Balance druids usually let you hit them while they heal, it is ridiculous, then do all kind of cc, cyclone, roots, make you use all your cds, and use the magic spell >moonfire<while they jump around.
People say rogues are gay, but clearly balance druids win the tittle.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Rogue
Rogue -

LOL this cannot be serious.

I take it you don't regularly duel Rogues, and if you do, they are bad.

24 seconds of not being able to stealth takes away any control you have from the fight. Your one chance would be a Vanish, in which case if your mirrored, you're out and ready to get opened on again.

It's incredibly obvious.

Oh, btw, 10% damage increase without having to use the terrible skill which is Rupture.
Reply Quote
i've stealthed and re-opened on a rogue while i've had hemo and rupture ticking away on me without having to use vanish...

but to the main question. I can kill anything 1v1 some people are harder and some aren't, just depends on the skill of the user.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Rogue
i've stealthed and re-opened on a rogue while i've had hemo and rupture ticking away on me without having to use vanish...

but to the main question. I can kill anything 1v1 some people are harder and some aren't, just depends on the skill of the user.

For my answers I made the assumption that the player you're fighting isn't terrible. If a Rogue had Hemo + Rupture ticking and he allowed you to drop out of combat, time your stealth, and then jump him, he is terrible.

Terrible players don't count. Doesn't matter what class they play, a player that bad should always be beatable.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

For my answers I made the assumption that the player you're fighting isn't terrible. If a Rogue had Hemo + Rupture ticking and he allowed you to drop out of combat, time your stealth, and then jump him, he is terrible.

Terrible players don't count. Doesn't matter what class they play, a player that bad should always be beatable.

Probably with blind, however rogues should always keep trinket ready for it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Probably with blind, however rogues should always keep trinket ready for it.

Never trinket a blind, that's basically handing over the fight.

Take Cun's advice, he seems to be the only one who knows what's up and there's no point in me repeating what he's said.
Reply Quote

I was pointing to the fact that it's not 'impossible' to restealth just b/c you have a bleed/dot on you. Also it's not hard to get ooc on someone when you're a rogue.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I must be bad with PvP

I routinely go straight for Frost mages because I find they are most fun to duel, even though I end up losing 90% of the time.

Warriors and DKs beat me because I'm bad and don't know how to counter :/

I stay away from Droods because they seem so OP. If a Feral opens on me, he could run away and watch me literally bleed to death. Balance has so many CCs to keep me away, and Restro can spend 3 seconds casting HoTs be and be at full health at the end of Lifebloom. Not to mention they can do almost all of those at the same time.

Priests are fun but I trinket the first fear every time.

Don't know the strategy for fight any of the other classes :[
(Oh if anyone knows any good sites for PvP Rogue information, I am all ears)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Never trinket a blind, that's basically handing over the fight.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree here, worse case the rogue has to blow vanish and deal with all of his stuns still being on DR. So basicly, he has to vanish and wait or just keep fighting with little control. If you don't trinket the blind, you have to sit in a full sap (if he's sub he can premed and heal all this time), unless that is you want to trinket a saplolbad, and then you'll be able to trinket a KS if he doesn't CS you first.

I typically trinket the CS if I don't get jump though, otherwise I save trinket for blind.

There are far worse things than sitting in a KS.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure now. If you're not sub you could die in the KS but still, not trinketing the blind should still be worse. If you're a healer you HAVE to trinket KS or die and even then you get blinded and probabaly still die.

You can disagree all you want, if you trinket blind you're handing over a free coupon for control of the fight. You aren't going to kill him in the DR window on his stuns, so his Sdance or full KS will be enough to kill you shortly after.

Trinketing a blind is never smart unless you're peeling another player that's being focused and needs a peel badly. We were talking rogue v rogue, in which case, it's stupid about 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
Warriors and DKs beat me because I'm bad and don't know how to counter :/

With a DK sometimes I'll premed>CS>rupture>dance>garrote>ambush>evis>hemo>vanish
CoS if needed after vanish or save till second opener. Let him bleed for a bit then ShS>garrote>dismantle>evis. They are usually dead after this. You still have another vanish if you need it.

Same strat works for warriors too, stone fo helps for any bleeds if you are unlucky enough to get hit.

I am no expert, an honestly this is just from trial and error. Dismantle is your friend as well as CoS glyph. Don't evasion against warriors.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Rogue
A useful trick for dueling:

Premed -> Wait 19 seconds -> Recuperate -> Premed -> ShS -> Garrote -> Hemo -> Rupture.

If you're able to, that opener is pretty unbeatable. From there it really doesn't matter what you do. This way you don't waste the DR of stun (CS makes your KS terrible, and you will just be losing energy and gaining no damage from CS).

CS + KS = 6 seconds of stun.

KS = 6 seconds of stun.
Reply Quote
You know, I never really gave much thought to the CS/KS debate. The only time I really use KS is against healers. I guess I'll have to give it another look.

I hate it when people spin on me during the opener that's why I'll open with CS on other melée sometimes.

Maybe premed>garrote>hemo>KS to try and force a trinket/bubble/iceblock. With recuperate ticking energy should be high enough to dance if they don't trinket or just vanish if they do.

One thing I do is to use premed while dancing, I don't know if this is a big deal or not but it was a watershed moment for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]