Call me crazy but I think mages are fine.

85 Human Paladin
Because they are actually fun, other classes should just be buffed and be given more utility to deal with situations like mages do, maybe mages need to have their numbers lowered but their mechanics are awesome but I doubt blizzard will fix 9 other classes instead of just nerfing one. Discuss!
Edited by Daimoku on 11/17/2010 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Troll Mage
call me crazy but ive been playing this class for six years now and they are more boring currently then they have been ever
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
you're crazy, what do I do now?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Those who haven't seen it yet might try watching Affix's video of what level 85 arena play is actually like, rather than making assumptions based on irrelevant level 80 experience:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27607460387&sid=1

He will be livestreaming soon (starting tonight at the earliest) as well so people can't accuse him of cherry-picking his matches:
http://xfire.com/live_video/millenn1um
Edited by Lhivera on 11/18/2010 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Those who haven't seen it yet might try watching Affix's video of what level 85 arena play is actually like, rather than making assumptions based on irrelevant level 80 experience:

He will be livestreaming soon (starting tonight at the earliest) as well so people can't accuse him of cherry-picking his matches:

I agree with the OP. And I agree with this. And I trust Affix's opinion on PvP more than any other mage or player in this game. He is always very candid in his analysis and very open to the community, along with being an exceptional player and generally correct.

You people need to go find something else to complain about. PvP at 80 is completely irrelevant right now. Go whine to Blizzard about not balancing at 80 if that's what you care about. Mages in their current design are not OP; you're just in the wrong bracket right now. Less than three weeks!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
It's still mixed problems!!! I think Fire mages are awesome and even more fun to play now then before!!! They are doing pretty good dmg, however, along with the other specs they seem to be ok and I've been hearing that mages are fine for now, but by 85 they were lacking some compared to other classes!!! Now the problem still comes when you look at each class and by PVE standards Frost isn't getting much action and Arcane is still falling behind some what, but PVP mages are killing it and here lays that major problem that blizzard can't solve!!! how can you make all class equal in PVE without causing one class to become OP in PVP or you try to buff PVP and get OP in PVE wish it was an easy fix, but sadly there is no such thing! they made it easier to tweak dmg out put in all classes, but then if you mess with stats too much then the class gets even more out of balance!!!

I agree that "Scorch spam" is crazy, but so is Moonfire spam!!! but ppl forget that Scorch isn't a main nuke other classes like Druids and Shamans spam their main nukes because they have relatively shorter cast times and a mage trying to cast Fireball gets him no where....and besides would you rather use be able to spam Fireball that hits higher then most incoming spells!!! Now AB is OP in PVP sadly, but in PVE it seems to not help them gain the lost in DPS they have and well Frost is just a nightmare anyways!!! Not all of these problems come straight out of mages being OP or another not being up to standards!!! Trust me there are time in PVP where I can destroy Rogues and Warriors and other times I can't even get them down to high health!!! Everything much be taken with a handful of salt!!! yes being able to just spam crit for 45k is a problem other problems lay more with the player and with gear!!! Now that being said, if your a full time PVPer and have full Wrath and have a high ranking in Arena, etc. and your getting destroyed by your average PVPer then yes there is a problem!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage

Druids seem squishy after watching the vid posted in the 5th or 6th reply.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Contrary to what some people may have been taught, the dreaded Triple Exclamation Point is not the standard punctuation mark for terminating a sentence.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Contrary to what some people may have been taught, the dreaded Triple Exclamation Point is not the standard punctuation mark for terminating a sentence.

I believe it falls short by not including the eleventyone that should accompany any such post.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

Of course not - it's the ellipsis. All the kids nowadays know that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
"Mages are fine" is now an out of date phrase. This close to cata, no one should be concerned with anything except what is coming out in the patches and from all the people who are on beta.

And the results are mixed. Promising for some builds, horrible for others. If you haven't taken the time to read all the EJ discussions I suggest you do so. Lhivera has given some excellent information regarding frost and there is a very large debate in the fire forums about the large mana concerns and boring aspect of the spec now in beta.

Also watching all of the heroic videos and raids that totalbiscuit posted will give you a very good start to knowing what to except here when cata launches. Well except for the absurd amounts of server crashes, queue times, lag and chat flooding that happens with every new blizzard expansion.

I don't have a beta key, however I'm very concerned with hearing from friends on beta, that mages are NOT doing competitive dps at all in the raids with premade characters.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
It's going to be sad to see Druids getting dispel spammed non-stop. :(
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
TIME WARP!!!ELEVENTYONE!!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage

It's just a jump to the left.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Mages are fine at level 80 and at level 85. I've played on beta as well and have my PvP and PvE sets fully enchanted/gemmed. I doubt many people in this thread have done as much.

Ring of Frost and Flame Orb are actually pretty fun abilities as well.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

It's just a jump to the left.

And then a step to the right!

Anyways I seriously can't wait for Time Warp and Ring of Frost.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]