on need roll limitations.

85 Draenei Paladin
I guess this can classify as "QQ". But it was just so frustrating. Farmed the living hell out of earth boss after the invasion event just to get the tank shield drop. And it did. And it was need rolled by a shaman. What the hell. I would mind it a lot less if a warrior or paladin did it. But come on, a SHAMAN? Need rolling on a TANK shield? So not cool.

Shamans should not be allowed to roll need on a TANK shield. Unless Shamans were also specifically designed to tank, and last I checked, they were not.
Edited by Caelii on 11/18/2010 3:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Currently there is no difference between dps/healer/tank gear. If you can wear it, you can roll need on it, and that's the way it should be. If the shaman wants to wear a tanking shield then by all means he should be allowed to roll on it. That's his choice, not yours.

Granted I feel for you. And most likely the shaman just sold it to a vendor. But you can't change the rules of the game just to fit the small exception of jerks out there.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
normally i would agree with you, but at this point in wotlk id say it does not matter much. the shield looks kind of cool and is a nice little trophy from the cata pre-launch event. with the lack of items like tabards or pets in this event its nice to have something to remember it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
It's alright, a nice sword dropped for me in one of the ICC 5 mans and a DK needed on it... Needed on a tank sword... A definite upgrade from my blue.... ; 3;
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=8017

back off, I'm a tank this %$^%$^
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I've mellowed out. But it was still so not cool. It never occured to me that shamans can actually use tank stats. I already compete with them as a holy pally before.

Anyway. thanks for your sympathies. I've chilled a bit. I always get the lousiest rolls on shields. Also always lost to neverending winter. :S. Ah well.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
I feel the same way every time I see a warlock roll on healer items, warlocks don't need spirit.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I feel for ya. I had the same thing happen. Lost the roll to a shaman, but luckily it dropped the very next run for me. It does suck when it just won't drop for you. You have a lot of people that are "oh i can roll on it so I will", then some people are like me, that won't roll on dps gear when tanking, or tanking gear while dpsing, and same with healing gear. To me, it's just not right, but then again not everyone see's it the way I do. It's one thing if the main spec doesn't need it though, but in your case, at least from my point of view, you should have gotten the shield, but that's WoW for ya :).
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
nah strength, dodge etc... all useless for shaman.

enhancement doesn't use shields and both elemental and restro don't use strength and are too busy casting to ever dodge.

rockbiter is for those times when there's a stray ranged mob in a pull that you want to keep off the healer.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin
Speaking of need rolls (please don't mind the short hijack), is there any reason I couldn't roll need on Libram of Saints Departed (http://www.wowhead.com/item=24386)?

I'm guessing I've missed some change in how greed/need works or something.
Edited by Atrapoema on 11/18/2010 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I feel for ya. I had the same thing happen. Lost the roll to a shaman, but luckily it dropped the very next run for me. It does suck when it just won't drop for you. You have a lot of people that are "oh i can roll on it so I will", then some people are like me, that won't roll on dps gear when tanking, or tanking gear while dpsing, and same with healing gear. To me, it's just not right, but then again not everyone see's it the way I do. It's one thing if the main spec doesn't need it though, but in your case, at least from my point of view, you should have gotten the shield, but that's WoW for ya :).

Yeah that does suck. I never roll on gear I'm not currently specced for it. It's just common sense not be an ass and give people a chance. But yeah. That's WoW for you. Common sense is often a rare thing, sadly.

nah strength, dodge etc... all useless for shaman.

enhancement doesn't use shields and both elemental and restro don't use strength and are too busy casting to ever dodge.

rockbiter is for those times when there's a stray ranged mob in a pull that you want to keep off the healer.

That's what I thought. So W-T-F.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
It's like a hunter rolling on a tank ring, because they can
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
I had a couple of Johnny Jerko's in a random on an alt the other day, a mage and a hunter, who continually rolled need on EVERYTHING. When called out on it, their response was "We're friends and we bet on this stuff. If I win I get 10g, if he wins, he kicks me in the nuts."

People are inconsiderate idiots behind their wall of anonymity.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin
for example....DK's in outland who death grip EVERYTHING they can while they're DPS....very very very very very annoying.

Ugh. I've been having this very problem lately. I just let the DK have it, since it's an overall waste of my time to pull it back from them, though. If they die, it's their own fault, and I'll laugh at them for it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
When a pro DPS pulls off me I let him have it, it'll be dead in two seconds anyways. When a nub does it, I pull it off the healer after he's gotten himself killed.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
I really like the Rockbiter enchant change. I am totally going to have to link that to my friend so he can start shammy tanking again. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]