Bringing back CC.

(Locked)

85 Goblin Death Knight
I for one don't see why they chose to bring back CC. We will all just aoe the trash down anyways once we outgear the instance.

Also I think it limits other classes. If you had the option of brining a rogue or mage for cc who would you bring? You'd bring a mage of course. I think the majority of people would bring mages since they bring more to the table in terms of cc, if someone pops the sheep they can easily resheep it but if someone were to break a sap then the rogue wouldn't be able to resap it.

imo i liked the aoe-fest and the 15 minute dungeons. I didn't like the hour long dungeons and having to cc every mob in a pack of 5.

Thoughts?
85 Night Elf Warrior
Personally, I preferred the accomplishment that came from acquiring gear in the early TBC heroics and how you were proud of the gear you obtained from running the dungeons. The WotlK heroics begs the question of why we even have to run through them to get the justice points at all? They serve no purpose except to act as a pacing mechanism for how fast you can earn justice points.
Assuming that you are a troll 2/10 only because i will answer.

You will not be aoeing anything down, also if you payed any attention most raiders will not have to do Heroics once they are raiding as there is a cap on points and you will reach that by raiding. CC also brings an extra element of skill and teamwork to the game. Something that apparently you do not want or cannot do. You are the very tiny minority that enjoys mindless AOE fests for loot that is irrelevant now. It limits very few classes, if you are not an idiot you will not break that sap, or that sheep, or that fear, or hex, etc... Thank god for guild groups and Vent.
38 Human Warrior

Edited by Convicted on 11/18/2010 12:42 PM PST
85 Undead Rogue

You will not be aoeing anything down, also if you payed any attention most raiders will not have to do Heroics once they are raiding as there is a cap on points and you will reach that by raiding. CC also brings an extra element of skill and teamwork to the game. Something that apparently you do not want or cannot do. You are the very tiny minority that enjoys mindless AOE fests for loot that is irrelevant now. It limits very few classes, if you are not an idiot you will not break that sap, or that sheep, or that fear, or hex, etc... Thank god for guild groups and Vent.

I heard it takes skill to sheep *moon* on every pack of mobs.
90 Troll Mage
Also I think it limits other classes. If you had the option of brining a rogue or mage for cc who would you bring? You'd bring a mage of course. I think the majority of people would bring mages since they bring more to the table in terms of cc, if someone pops the sheep they can easily resheep it but if someone were to break a sap then the rogue wouldn't be able to resap it.

Certain mobs can't be CC'd by certain types of CC, certain mobs see through stealth, etc.
LFD will likely be hurt by CC as you may get the wrong type of CC for the instance.

My guess is that they are bringing back CC because one should need to use it or else why have it at all?

I'm also guessing that when they want to bring back CC i'm guessing it is more of doing away with tank rushing in past three groups of mobs, round them up then AOE then pulling 3-4 mobs. Without CC many pulls in the past were doable but took focus and cooperation, with 1 CC it was little risk.

Just about every dps class has some sort of CC at their hands. Some are more useful than others. Some their CC is the ability to Offtank, on my warrior i used to be fury but if the group didn't have CC, i'd grab my shield from my backpack and offtank 1 mob while group took care of rest.

Personally, I feel the best CC back in teh day when it was needed was Shackle undead in Strath/scholo, usually as effective as sheep, better graphic, and no heal.
90 Night Elf Druid

imo i liked the aoe-fest and the 15 minute dungeons. I didn't like the hour long dungeons and having to cc every mob in a pack of 5.

Thoughts?

it feels too much like singleplayer and not enough like cooperative multiplayer.

Also if you aoe-tank aoe-dps aoe-heal then it doesn't matter what you fight. It's just one shallow pull replicated 100 times across 9 dungeons. If each pull is different, game gains depth.

you may like it, but it's bad for WoW.
This, a thousand times! With the lack of communication in most LFD groups, I honestly feel like I'm playing Dragon Age or something. In fact, you could even say that I felt more connected with Alistair and the gang then I do with some of these puggies who are allegedly real people.

I really feel like the one-button LOLAOE play of Wrath heroics was an intensely negative development for the game as a whole. I want to be challenged again. I want to have to work as a team and cooperate. Most importantly, I want to have to do something besides spam Hurricane/Rain of Fire/whatever again.
80 Undead Warlock

I heard it takes skill to sheep *moon* on every pack of mobs.

It takes far more skill actually avoiding hitting something rather than mindlessly mashing whatever aoe you choose repeatedly. You might actually have to play with your monitor turned on in cata, isn't that a scary thought?
100 Orc Hunter
Simply put. I hit 80 4 weeks ago. That same day I ran every dungeon until I was locked out. The next day I ran every heroic and gained roughly 1800 JP. I did the same thing the next day and was able to enter ICC 10 and pull off decent enough dps to be a viable choice to bring to ICC 10. 3 days from hitting 80 and I got gear from ICC 10. WOTLK sucked, plain and simple. AOE fest dungeons and raiding isn't fun and requires no skill.

As for mages being top choice for CC, I can handle any CC challenges that any mage can. Yes it requires extra buttons to be hit and it requires the hunter to actually think, but it's the exact same thing as playing Zerg in SC2. It's just harder to do but can be done....with ease.
90 Dwarf Paladin
With the lack of CC and infinite tank threat in Wrath, the difference between a good dps and a bad one comes down to who has read EJ and who hasn't. Basically, if you get the rotation, spec, gear and gems right, you win.

During vanilla and TBC I couldn't wait to get into a group to do a 1-2 hour dungeon crawl. Time flew and each pull was interesting because the outcome was never really predictable unless you vastly out-geared the content. The threat of dying on trash was real and made it exciting.

Now I couldn't bear to run another 15 minute dungeon. Nameless mob after nameless mob fall down in waves of AoE while people complain because they can't shave another 2 minutes off the run to collect their daily badges and sign off because that one noob doesn't have 3,000,000 Gear score...

Bring back CC. I'm all for it.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
With the lack of CC and infinite tank threat in Wrath, the difference between a good dps and a bad one comes down to who has read EJ and who hasn't. Basically, if you get the rotation, spec, gear and gems right, you win.

During vanilla and TBC I couldn't wait to get into a group to do a 1-2 hour dungeon crawl. Time flew and each pull was interesting because the outcome was never really predictable unless you vastly out-geared the content. The threat of dying on trash was real and made it exciting.

Now I couldn't bear to run another 15 minute dungeon. Nameless mob after nameless mob fall down in waves of AoE while people complain because they can't shave another 2 minutes off the run to collect their daily badges and sign off because that one noob doesn't have 3,000,000 Gear score...

Bring back CC. I'm all for it.

You sir, *@!*ing nailed it.

CC Ftw.
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
One important thing to note:

Those instances that everyone claimed took an absurd amount of time in BC took about the same amount of time as your average Wrath instance, as long as the people you were with knew what they were doing.

In Wrath stupidity wasn't really punished at all. Now it will be. This is a good thing.
60 Gnome Warrior
I don't think people still AoE'ed down Heroic Shattered Halls...
90 Orc Warlock
I don't think people still AoE'ed down Heroic Shattered Halls...

Thats how we did the speed run for the trial of the naaru quest. We got a prot paladin 2 locks and a mage and we aoed the @*#! out of that place. And this was before 2.4, before the heroic grinding craze thanks to the new gear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]