Random Battleground

(Locked)

85 Draenei Warrior
When you use the Dungeon Finder it informs you if you are joining an instance that is already in progress. Will the battleground finder ever be updated to give us a heads up if we're joining a battleground in progress?
85 Draenei Shaman
I don't think LFD does this any more either
85 Draenei Warrior
Joining a losing battleground and coming out with a win is always fun and exciting, but joining an Alterac Valley where all of our towers are destroyed and we've got under a hundred resources left gets old. Also i'd disagree that no one would join an in-progress bg, people still join dungeons that are already in progress; granted the two aren't very related, but it shows that some people don't mind starting in the middle of something.
90 Human Mage
What an old thread but still valid. I would like to point out that the chances of getting in the last seconds of a loosing bg are still very high.

If you leave a bg that you think might be a looser the plus is
it doesn't count against your total record
you save time if you are looking only for conquest points
what a downer it is to loose

On the other hand
Everybody dc's sometimes and you hate to get punished for that. (sometimes I think there is something like an ip flood attack they can use)
Stuff happens. Forgot the food on the stove or something

So what to do?
Loose 50 conquest and 100 honor points for leaving.
Keep stats on what a quitter they are and use stat for something positive BG Rep which would increase or decrease your points or pvp power something! Send potions idk.

Make a bonus of some kind for coming in to a late bg like extra points, no record if loss or something.

Something blizzard! How long has it been that they do this quitting if it looks bad thing.
11/17/2010 05:43 PMPosted by Stankewitz
Joining a losing battleground and coming out with a win is always fun and exciting, but joining an Alterac Valley where all of our towers are destroyed and we've got under a hundred resources left gets old. Also i'd disagree that no one would join an in-progress bg, people still join dungeons that are already in progress; granted the two aren't very related, but it shows that some people don't mind starting in the middle of something.

9 times out of 10, regardless of the BG you join, if you join after it has already started, it is usually because all hope is lost and someone rage quit. So pulling out that clutch reverse win is rare, but it can happen, and it is in fact exciting.
90 Human Priest
I've always thought that the deserter penalty should be higher and potentially escalate for habitual offenders. Maybe even be higher if your team is losing.

Quit once - 15 min - while losing 30 minutes.

Do so again within 12 hours. Double it. Stack it until people get a clue and realize that spewing crap and rage quitting battlegrounds (which generally being lost due to lack of understanding of "fight on the flag" and "defend") is not acceptable behavior.
100 Orc Warrior
HOLY NECRO BATMAN
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]