Shooting Stars proc question

80 Night Elf Druid
Is the proc from Shooting Stars intended to be gobbled up if you are in the middle of a Starsurge cast or is this bugged like the 4pc T8 bonus?

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
you just get unlucky there. any cast completion will consume the proc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There's never been a blue comment on the matter as far as I know. I does seem strange that they could fix the bug with our T8 set piece bonus, only to re-introduce the same bug later on in a talent. My hunch is that they don't have any intention to change (fix) it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
this bug was never fixed on the old surge of light (instant cast fh proc consumed while already casting fh) but was apparently fixed on an old warlock bug involving sbolt and the previously mentioned t8 set bonus. it would be nice if they did fix it. thankfully the ability is on a long cd and therefore the interaction of a proc being consumed by the buff is smaller than on a normal non-cd ability like wrath or starfire.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
I'd like to resurrect this thread. I was wondering about this myself as I played my druid today. It seems odd that you would have to interrupt your Starsurge mid-cast to take advantage of the proc on this. Blizzard, can you tell us if this is a bug or working as intended?

Other procs (like Pyroblast + hot streak) have worked differently, in that you could be mid-cast on a regular Pyro, get a hot streak proc from something like a Living Bomb dot proc, and then fire off an instant Pyroblast.

I'm hoping this is an error and will be fixed, myself.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Back to back Starsurges is probably too much burst to let happen.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It does happen...

What I would like to see in this case is when SS procs and you are already casting a Starsurge, just forfeit the rest of the cast time and shoot it right away. This way no proc is lost...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Even just for PVE, they are probably not going to invest resource in fixing a technical bug if it is not causing our DPS to fall below the pack. Hell at this point in their marathon, they probably would just tweak some other DPS button rather than fix this, even if our DPS were too low.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Back to back Starsurges is probably too much burst to let happen.

Frost mage burst says HI.

And the devs are certainly letting THAT happen.

No reason, to not fix a bug.

Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
This is the best way for them to handle the proc. Shooting Stars doesn't just make Starsurge instant, it resets the cooldown on the ability. Even if the buff weren't consumed, you'd still not be able to cast another Starsurge right after because it'd be on cooldown. If they did something like boost the buff duration to 20 seconds, so you have the instant capability up once the cooldown refreshes normally, you'd run into the issue of losing use of your Shooting Stars power aura for that time. The buff is what activates the graphic, so you'd have it up until it normally reset, and so wouldn't be notified if the proc reset the cooldown before then.
Edited by Mayeli on 12/1/2010 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
This is the best way for them to handle the proc. Shooting Stars doesn't just make Starsurge instant, it resets the cooldown on the ability. Even if the buff weren't consumed, you'd still not be able to cast another Starsurge right after because it'd be on cooldown. If they did something like boost the buff duration to 20 seconds, so you have the instant capability up once the cooldown refreshes normally, you'd run into the issue of losing use of your Shooting Stars power aura for that time. The buff is what activates the graphic, so you'd have it up until it normally reset, and so wouldn't be notified if the proc reset the cooldown before then.
Edited by Mayeli on 12/1/2010 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
Edited by Mayeli on 12/1/2010 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
^ Rofl triple post.

Frost Mages are overpowered and we all know it. Rather balance Moonkins around reasonable levels.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
^ Rofl triple post.

Frost Mages are overpowered and we all know it. Rather balance Moonkins around reasonable levels.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
^ Rofl triple post.

you can't escape the karmic backlash, it seems.

edit: for all of you who can't figure it out. when it says "Oops something's broken" don't reload the page, just hit back, copy and paste what you wrote, then refresh to see if your post appears. if not, wait a minute or two and post again.
Edited by Kyiris on 12/1/2010 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I was wondering the same thing a couple days ago when I was playing my warlock. Whenever I get the instant incinerate proc mid cast I can still use the proc once I'm done with the incinerate I'm currently casting.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Sure it sucks when you are mid-cast and you see a Shooting Star proc, but it is a bad idea to stop casting to instead shoot the instant proc because the instant cast will start a new gcd. Unless you catch it insanely early and well before a second left on the cast (assuming lower haste values and longer cast times at lvl85, as it is only a 1.2 second cast atm) its better to let the cast go through.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Woo!!

Hotfixed last night:

- The proc buff from the talent Shooting Stars should no longer be consumed without providing its benefits if the druid is already casting Starsurge.

Haven't had a chance to test it yet. Can anyone confirm?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Woo!!

Hotfixed last night:

- The proc buff from the talent Shooting Stars should no longer be consumed without providing its benefits if the druid is already casting Starsurge.

Haven't had a chance to test it yet. Can anyone confirm?

Its working (I think). Stars aligned for me last night. I would like additional confirmation though (was pretty tired).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]