Are you playing your hunter in Cata?

73 Draenei Shaman
Curious how many people are jumping ship or just complaining but actually sticking with it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I'll def be playing mine in Arena and RBGs. It might not be amazing, but I'll find a way to make it work if it isn't.

Having trouble deciding what alt I want to play along with it though if I get bored. I want to play a melee, but it's really difficult to choose between DK or War. They both look strong in 3v3 atm. Leaning towards Warrior.
Edited by Rãwr on 11/18/2010 12:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Probably for PvE, for pvp I will likely play something else. Although I have been moving away from my hunter for PvP since before focus became an issue.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
for pve ill be playing mine, and just hoping that its okay in pvp
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I've thought about it. Im lvling a druid just in case

I love my hunter been my first toon and played it for 3 years. Mostly PVE

Im hoping Blizz will compensate us for our numerous flaws and allow us to shine in other aspects of the game to make up for our short comings
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
i'll probably lvl it just to tame some of the cool pets
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
i'll be leveling mine... I took 5 days (7 including weekend) off to hit 85... meaning i'll have to grind my ass off... and the first thing i do after i hit 85 is taming Ghostcrawler
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Quoll... it's called having friends... when you quest with friends, not only do you get things done faster, are able to do more difficult quests for better rewards, and you dont have to spend hours looking for a dungeon group to do the ridiculously high xp-gaining dungeon quests, but people generally dont mess with groups of more than 2... because they know they'll get their asses handed to them in a paper bag
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'll be doing Pve and rated BGs. I imagine I'll still be screwed in arena, for various reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
idk what all the QQ is about, however i am jumping ship from enh shaman to hunter...so i suppose nothing seems bad by comparison.

@Quoll: lvl BM, save your BW for those ganks lol. Seriously i've had a number of people try to gank me only to get owned by giant red pet, its like the anti gank spec atm.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Curious how many people are jumping ship or just complaining but actually sinking with it.

Fix'd.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have been underwhelmed by my beloved Hunters. But then again, I have been each expansion. During BC I was disappoint when they nerfed Arcane Shot to the ground and didn't give us any tools to help us in PVP. During Wrath, hunter's actually shone in the beginning but as the game went on we stayed static (as far as pvp goes) while many other classes improved. So far what I've seen with Cata, we are simply underwhelming in PVP... yet again. Hunters will always in this weird place in the eyes of Blizzard. Especially now since the Focus change. It's not that I don't like focus but our class and shot rotations are stilled centered around mana.

I won't be jumping ship and I will level my Hunter first, however, I will probably be using my other classes more often I fear until Hunters are tooled around the Focus mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'll level Tas, she has, up until now been my favorite character. I remain skeptical as to whether I'll be able to perform acceptably enough for raids though.

I have other characters I play, and I may well end up playing one of them more, we'll see.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I really enjoyed my old hunter main thru 2 expansions. At this time I dislike the clunky feel of the class due to needing to use a casted shot or aspect dancing to regen my resource.

I just am not sure what the point would be to level him to 85 before classes that I am now enjoying playing more than him.

Currently I enjoy my Shaman who can help off heal as needed or my druid who can also help off heal. I also have a Mage and Lock who are both ranged Pure classes, and I sadly actually seem to enjoy them more than my now clunky Hunter.

I guess if I want to use a better designed Focus style system I will use my Rogue who has passive regen and does not need a casted shot or aspect dancing to function.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I will be playing my hunter for sure. Once I hit 85 I may level a new character just to see some of the redesigned content from 1-80. I may try a druid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Curious how many people are jumping ship or just complaining but actually sticking with it.

yes
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

yes

no
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I log into my hunter to do enchants for my other characters, then immediately log back off. It's pretty painful since it was my original main through vanilla and TBC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]