Are you playing your hunter in Cata?

85 Tauren Druid
my hunter alt will probably be last this time around.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I will never change from maining a Hunter. Even if I'm the lowest on the totem pole I'll still sneak into groups (hey, every other "lowest" manages to get into groups still) and as the hopefully only Hunter I will gear up stupidly fast.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Hunter
Quoll... it's called having friends... when you quest with friends, not only do you get things done faster, are able to do more difficult quests for better rewards, and you dont have to spend hours looking for a dungeon group to do the ridiculously high xp-gaining dungeon quests, but people generally dont mess with groups of more than 2... because they know they'll get their asses handed to them in a paper bag

Ironically, after 6 years of being "THE" solo class, Hunters are now going to be forced into grouping with others to do regular quests because they won't be able to survive even the most basic 1v1 world PvP encounter.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
My Hunter is my favorite character and the Hunter is my favorite class. I think I'll be rolling another one when cata comes actually. I enjoy the playstyle a lot and that Hunters are unique in that they are the only ranged physical damage class.

I have a Lock and a Mage (though the Mage bores me to tears so much I rarely touch it) but still they aren't as fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If Blizzard keep ignoring us after Cata released, I won't play this character anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Yes.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Mained this toon for over 4 years. First character ever created, and I've always loved the class.

Its always been a clunky and unrefined class, but lately instead of working twice as hard as other classes, I feel as if I have to be perfect in order to stand a chance against other players.

I think it might be time for me to bow out of WoW. I don't have the time and energy to research every class in the game, so I was just going to stick to Hunter. Dealing with the increased clunkiness brought on by the pre-Cata patch has kind of killed things for me.

The only reason this account is active is due to the three month subscription I paid. In the past month I've logged on a grand total of twice.
Reply Quote
60 Human Priest
My hunter became my raiding main more-or-less by accident in WotLK anyway. I initially created him intending to be a farmer. Not really planning to stick with him in Cataclysm, because I find the new play style to be profoundly unenjoyable. I'd tough it out for a while and hope I could learn to enjoy it if it it showed signs of at least being powerful, but when I'm not having fun *AND* not being effective enough to justify learning a new play style that does not interest me from the start, I'm over it. He'll just be my farmer in Cataclysm, same as he was in classic and Burning Crusade.
Reply Quote
does it count if you are leveling a hunter just to play with the new resource system?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
No complaints or worries, moving this guy to 85. been my main from day one and will continue to be.

Highway
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Hunter
The hunter class has always been my favorite. Hell, this one I'm posting on is my second hunter. My first one is my main, which I will continue playing. People who switch mains just because of the state of a class at the beginning of an expansion are pathetic.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
i'll be leveling mine... I took 5 days (7 including weekend) off to hit 85... meaning i'll have to grind my ass off... and the first thing i do after i hit 85 is taming Ghostcrawler

Haha took 8 days off myself (including weekend), can't wait! But to answer the OP, no I won't be considering my hunter as even in the top 5 of what toons I want to get from 80-85 first.

At this point mage is #1, followed by my fury warr, and my warlock. And somewhere in there I'm gonna be leveling my worgen drood!
Reply Quote
73 Draenei Shaman
I want to level my hunter but I can't ignore how OP the mage is, I also can't ignore the fact that they might get super nerfed.

The only thing stopping me from leveling my mage instead of my hunter is the fear of being broken like DK's after the first season of super OPness.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
Quoll... it's called having friends... when you quest with friends, not only do you get things done faster, are able to do more difficult quests for better rewards, and you dont have to spend hours looking for a dungeon group to do the ridiculously high xp-gaining dungeon quests, but people generally dont mess with groups of more than 2... because they know they'll get their asses handed to them in a paper bag
You can group to jump people too you know, and hunters are the easiest target to pick off. It's true in BGs when you have a lot of friends with you and it'll be even easier when there's only 1 or 2 friends with you in world PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I have 3 80s and some other characters in bc/wrath content. This one is getting to 85 second or third, mostly because it it not my main.
Reply Quote
My hunter isn't my main but I don't really plan on playing it at first. I might level it eventually, but I would much rather play my warrior or paladin instead.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Death Knight
Had my hunter as my main through vanilla and BC. WotLK it was kind split between my tankadin and hunter. Looking like Cata will be a full switch to the palidan though. Not sure if I have the patience for them to get around to fixing hunters for patch 4.5 or whatever.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Hunter
Well, I've given it thought and I'm going to set the priest as the main for cataclysm. I loved the hunter, but.... I"ve been disappointed in the changes. I agreed with them thematically, but the way it was implemented just feels wrong.

And maybe I need a break too, so the priest has been welcome.

I daresay my hunter will be kept as a strong alt. Maybe if things like the ISS buff get tweaked I'll be back.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Yes, only on the grounds that everyone leaving a class is almost always a sign of good things to come.

Not to mention being the only good hunter around makes you very popular in a guild.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]