Paladins

85 Undead Warlock
So there I was in Wg when all of a sudden a holy pally that I have been eying each time she passes over gets too close. I go at her she naturally flies off and lands in an area I guess thinking I won't follow. She was wrong naturally upon catching up I lay into her again. I drained her mana pool completely dry several times. I used fear at the appropriate times when she was trying to get in a big heal. I use it only to stop my opponents from casting spells I don't want them too since it really has no other purposes anymore. Now I have been playing for quite a long time I have killed many a holy pally which is why I know to get rid of their mana stop the healing and whatnot.

However this was not the case here I spent 10 minutes literally trying to kill her and in the end she won. No matter what I did how out of mana she was she still healed herself. Now I know the talents (Word of Glory, Blessed Life, and Protector of the Innocent) that allowed her to do this. I have never not in my entire time playing had any problem with trashing a holy pally. I am here to ask if there is a way anyone has figured out to make those talent useless to them in combat or if you might have some suggestions as to how to kill one even when they are OOM and still healing. Now let me say this when I say OOM I mean 0 mana not one tiny spec not a single smidgen of it and still healing.
Edited by Flamedancer on 11/18/2010 1:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
82 Human Warlock
Don't let him hit you, keep your distance, I believe holy paladins generate holy power(for those free mana free heals) by hitting you and holy shocking you, when they're oom, that should negate holy shocking themselves back to a safe health range, but if they're not in crusader strike range, they can't build up holy power, which allows you to interrupt his castable heals.

If he bubbles, soulburn + portal, so you can distance, lifetap + soulharvest, so that way you're back at full health/mana, while he is further straining his mana pull trying to grab a heal or two. And just lay the Dot's on him.

Holy paladins were never this hard, but with all the changes, they're literally a tank and will roll you if you're not careful.

In the end, I haven't found a 100%, surefire way to smack them around, they have so many tools in their arsenal to not die, that if you run across one with all his cooldowns up, Lay on hands, bubble, etc, you better dig in because it's going to be a fight.

You could even try instant summoning your felhunter as another means of spell locking him. I don't run affliction anymore, as I am waiting till 85, but when I did I ran with a succubus for the extra dps, so depending on what pet you use, you have different chances to stop his casting.
Edited by Liberated on 11/18/2010 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Don't let him hit you, keep your distance, I believe holy paladins generate holy power(for those free mana free heals) by hitting you and holy shocking you, when they're oom, that should negate holy shocking themselves back to a safe health range, but if they're not in crusader strike range, they can't build up holy power, which allows you to interrupt his castable heals.

If he bubbles, soulburn + portal, so you can distance, lifetap + soulharvest, so that way you're back at full health/mana, while he is further straining his mana pull trying to grab a heal or two. And just lay the Dot's on him.

Holy paladins were never this hard, but with all the changes, they're literally a tank and will roll you if you're not careful.

In the end, I haven't found a 100%, surefire way to smack them around, they have so many tools in their arsenal to not die, that if you run across one with all his cooldowns up, Lay on hands, bubble, etc, you better dig in because it's going to be a fight.

You could even try instant summoning your felhunter as another means of spell locking him. I don't run affliction anymore, as I am waiting till 85, but when I did I ran with a succubus for the extra dps, so depending on what pet you use, you have different chances to stop his casting.

You realize you can't soul harvest while in combat, right? He could healthstone and heal pot, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
If they bubble to heal and you and your pet stop attacking you won't stay in combat.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Blessed Life gives holy pallys holy power whenever they take damage. If you are attacking them they are gaining HP and thus can WOG on you.

GBTL no longer heals you if you heal yourself however.

also now blessed life only gives a HP every 8 seconds instead of every 2 so that may help some.

bottom line is yep they have a way to WOG on you even if you are not being holy shocked or crusader struck.

Not sure if Dots are giving them hp or not but pets / spells / hits = yes

unless changed since last patch.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Nice for someone to explain this to me.

I an altoholic and haven't even gotten around to fix all my toons (not even my locks) since 4.0.

It seems I can only kill a holy paladin (and only 1v1) if I weave Shadowfury, Spell Lock and Deathcoil (even if I'm at full health) between nukes. And if I fail to kill him in that ~10 seconds, I end up trying to fear nuke and prolong my imminent death as I have nothing but a (non-soulburn) portal to fall back on.

I just lost the patience for 10mins fights. These days I rather just kill quickly or die in the same breath.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]