I'm sorry I doubted you.

83 Blood Elf Paladin
Ever since the LFD tool debuted, people have complained about the screeching piles of misshapen, mindless flesh, flailing their tentacles against keyboards that are the norm in there, and I assumed you were all just whining about nothing. I mean, what, did Ruin just happen to have all the good players, or something? Well, since the battlegroups were merged, apparently Ruin DID happen to have all the good players. The caliber of people I've been seeing in the LFD has dropped to.. sad. I can't even get angry, I just shake my head, sigh, and wonder how somebody this bad at a game this easy can possibly function in life. Failed runs are the norm now, and it terrifies me. People fail at such incredibly basic things.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Heh, a fellow Ruin resident. I haven't done much with LFD since the merge (aside from elemental bosses), but pre-merge I did have more experience with better players than bad players. I still had the "most people here suck" mentality though.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
I haven't failed any runs that I've tanked so far. Even did a Halls of Reflection Heroic while I was still wearing 80% blues. Maybe I'm just lucky.

That said, I have seen my share of Hunters that seem to believe that they're qualified to pull EVERY SINGLE GROUP until they get kicked.
Edited by Sephicloud on 11/18/2010 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

How did you get past the gear check and what % of group DPS did you do?

I guess someone else got the short end of the stick =) Namely, the OP.

I got randomed into a HoR yesterday with a dk tank who had 31k hp buffed with kings >.> I had 36k. The first thing he said was he didn't think he could tank it, but before he left I convinced him to give it a try anyway, because if we did succeed he had a shot at some good loot for himself. He was getting hit for about 60% of his life from the melee mobs, but everything was fine until wave 8 were I got stunned and was too slow to bubble out of it so he died. I just threw on righteous fury and tanked wave 8/9 and the boss >.>.

He actually wasn't too bad of a tank considering his gear either.

As for being on topic, for all time I've found that pugs are just terrible. Most I've come across aren't the rude /afk type, but a ton are just god awful at their roll. That has been true ever since I started playing though (a little before the start of BC) and didn't just start with the LFD tool.
Edited by Wimplee on 11/18/2010 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
He actually wasn't too bad of a tank considering his gear either.

Part of skill is adequately preparing for the content.

he was randomed into HoR. which means blizzard UI decided he was fine for it. moreover, most heroics are meant to be run in average of 187ilvl gear, just because vast majority of us overgear them doesn't mean that someone who's geared appropriately is unprepared for the content.

HoR though I believe it comes down to what you're personally comfortable with. personally, I'm only comfortable tanking that place on a pally, so if my DK would have gotten it, I'd say I wasn't sure I could do it as well.

returning to original topic, I hate the merge, hate it :( I actually started enjoying the randoms again, and now I'm stuck playing with the battlegroup I left in frustration, again. why, blizzard why!!!.

honestly, it seems that they haven't just been merging based on location. more like they have been merging better battlegroups with backwater ones, to even out the odds I suppose?
Edited by Chetan on 11/18/2010 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've tanked the ICC heroics with 200-213 geared DPS/Healer and myself in 200/219 gear. It was definitely rough and tumble, but not exceedingly difficult. It was a guild group and probably wouldn't have succeeded with a normal group, but by tanking in the center and using CC with some coordination it is doable at that gear level (for Heroic Halls of Reflection).

Edit:
Can't remember off-hand if it was my DK or Warrior in that particular instance, but probably my DK.
Edited by Senira on 11/18/2010 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I did HHoR last night on my paladin with a warrior tank entirely in DPS gear aside from his shield, and a healer who was a fresh 80 still wearing some greens and blue quest rewards from the low 70s with a bunch of pretty fresh looking ungemmed and unenchanted 232 things from the icc heroics.

It went fine. Healer and tank were form the same guild, they knew their stuff, faces were melted.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
I haven't failed any runs that I've tanked so far. Even did a Halls of Reflection Heroic while I was still wearing 80% blues. Maybe I'm just lucky.

How did you get past the gear check and what % of group DPS did you do?

I guess someone else got the short end of the stick =) Namely, the OP.

I didn't even know there was a gear check, but I had several epic items in my bags from my DPS set that could've contributed to it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Its because people forget awareness in instances is the most important thing
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Yeah, I have no idea what the hell is happening in LFD/BGs. Ruin is outstanding, but... bleh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]