whats a neat looking flying mount for a mage?

88 Pandaren Mage
Just trying too start a friendly topic. :p this is the highest toon ive ever had and am really enjoying the little guy. I popped over to outlands too see the flying mounts. (default ones make me cry lol) i cant see myself riding on of those so where do i get a spifft mount even if i have too grind rep? Outlands and beyond are all new to me so this is rather exciting. :)

Thanks for any tips!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
There are quite a few cool flying mounts you can get from gaining reputation with several different factions. Personally, I like the Netherwing Drakes :)

You can find a list of flying mounts and where to find them here:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/mounts/flying.html
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Mage
Typically how long would grinding rep too get a drake take? Ive never done any rep grinding :p and thanks for the link! :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Flying Carpets of course!

But I do like the nether drakes too.

The rep grind can take as little as 4 days if you go hardcore about it, but can be done by doing a set of dailies for about 2 weeks.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Netherwing
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Mage
Ive been thinking of doing tailoring for the cloak and usefulness of the profession but need something that makes good money too. Leave it to me too derail my own topic haha. I have looked at the carpet and its very mage like. :) 4 days / 2 weeks is so doable heeh. Im working on the raptor mount atm from ungoro and am loving having too raise the little guy. 2 more weeks and ill have my new mount. So aaaaanywayz lol. Again ty both for the help. I've seen tge engineering mounts too and they look awesome... So many decisions. :p
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
Ashe's of Alar
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Frosty Flying Carpet is the correct answer.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

I prefer the purple one myself. The original epic carpet. Although all of them are awesome and are still the best mount you can get minus raid achievement drakes IMO!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage

I prefer the purple one myself. The original epic carpet. Although all of them are awesome and are still the best mount you can get minus raid achievement drakes IMO!!!

As a previous poster said: Ashes of A'lar
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Mage
Wow alot of people really do seem to like the carpet lol (the phoenix mount would be awesome but since its a drop i wont hold my breath hehe) so then i ask you. Is tailoring worth having for a mage then since its a requirement for the mount. Also does high end tailoring make good money? Trying too also figure out professions. I have herb/alch atm but was thinking of switching to something more benifical and perm. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
All of my early "mage-mentors" told me to go Tailoring, mostly I think because in BC the tailoring set you could make for yourself was really really solid to start with at 70. But I kept Herb/Alch, and its benefits only increased over time. It makes you decent money while you're leveling if you sell off all your extra herbs, when inscription was introduced this helped tremendously. It's cheesy but Lifeblood is a nice extra too - that tiny heal over time can be enough for a squishy little mage, and you don't have to stand there and bandage for example, you just hit and keep running/blinking away, lol. And, since your topic began with the subject of mounts, Alchemists are getting a mount in Cataclysm too.

As for Tailoring, high-end tailoring is a money-sink, but making and selling bags is a source of very small yet steady income. Northrend scavenging allows you a good surplus of frostweave wherever you turn and a few bags per week isn't much, but if you pick up Enchanting like many tailors do, that will be the profitable half of your professions anyways.

Good luck, always nice to see a new mage coming up the ranks.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Mage
Thank you all for your helpful advice :)

My other half also will be rolling some clothies which is why i was also considering tailoring. The carpet, which I youtube'd looks awesome! I think I may be taking that up today, money sink or not. At least I can surprise my other half with some gear when they log on. :p

So now I'm thinking about keeping herbalism since I have it at 200... Maybe raise it too sell herbs for monies? Though it would be nice too have another profession i would actually use. Enchanting seems like fun but also a money sink more so then tailoring. X_x so many choices lol
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Wow alot of people really do seem to like the carpet lol

Edited by Disturbia on 11/18/2010 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i love my twilight drake. it's not very mage-like, but it does go with the cata theme. twilight dragonflight and all...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I just recently did the Sha'tari Skyguard rep grind for the nether rays. They're hella fun to ride and the grind is surprisingly quick.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
The horde 100 mount achievement mount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]