Getting into BWL....

85 Dwarf Hunter
Of course I wan't to tame Chromaggus. However, I've never been to Blackwing lair. Do you have to be in a raid group to enter the instance, or can you solo it? I have completed the blackhands command quest and am supposedly attuned to the portal, but I cannot seem to enter the instance. Please tell me if I'm missing something. Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
You can't tame chromaggus.

EDIT:

Even if you could - its a 40-man lvl 60 raid. You need a minimum of 3 people to pass the first boss due to mechanics.

But yeah, you can't tame dragonkin, don't know where you got that idea.
Edited by Luxtizer on 11/18/2010 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
In the beta build you can tame him. Whether or not it will go live is a deferent story.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/draekodonskinchromatic.html

And yah I don't see you getting past the first boss without at least 3 people. Tank and healer most likely.

Silly troll

Edited by Gorgeth on 11/18/2010 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Chromaggus became a beast in beta. People have tamed him.
To get to him you need to be attuned.

Attunement for Blackwing Lair may not be easy, but it's simple in what you have to do.

1. Go up to the platform where Blackrock Spire is.
2. Instead of entering the instance, go down the hall to the right. At the end of the hall is a mob that drops a letter. (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=18987)
3. The letter will begin a quest. (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=7761)
4. The orb is behind General Drakkisath in UBRS, kill him and touch the orb behind him. Turn in the quest.

Then you can enter BWL. It's a 40 man raid, but you can get to chromaggus with a competent 5 man group.

Though recent reports state Razorgore the Untamed is completely bugged out and no one can get passed him.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
They made him tameable? Huh. The other day when I was running it a guildie and I were discussing how neat it would be to have him as a pet. Still not enough to make me go BM though >_>
Edited by Luxtizer on 11/18/2010 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Yes, on PTR and Beta you can tame him and also Maggy of MC (to replace The Beast, ie. red core hound with the "boss/skull" tag).

Yes, first boss cannot be soloed. Yes, must be in a raid group. Good luck.

It will be one of my first pets come Tuesday (23rd?) to tame for the new expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
As for Razorgore, when you kill him the mobs start to respawn again and you're stuck in combat and can't get out of it. Run out of the instance and wait a couple of minutes and it should reset then you can get back in to kill Vael.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
and whats wrong with BM?

and before you say lolBM, remeber that the whole class has changed and all the leets that told you that BM was bad.. are now looking at the new specs and reconsidering.

After all, everything has changed and and if you dont adapt then you are a bad right?

Actually it's still lolbm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]