Judgement is a melee attack that...

90 Draenei Paladin
has a 10-30 yard range depending on talents
can't be cast while silenced, but can while disarmed
ignores any sort of dodge, parry, or block mechanics
cannot be spell reflected, but is countered by anything affecting spell damage
procs the frost armor debuff

The last one is a real kicker. Judgement via Long Arm of the Law is ret's answer to mobility. If Judgement can't be considered the same kind of attack as Hammer of Wrath (does all of the above except doesn't proc frost armor), could Judgement just be considered a spell and be done with it? I'd gladly trade Judgement getting reflected if it means I'm not insta snaring myself whenever I judge a mage with frost armor up. It won't give ret much of a foothold against mages and we'd still be fodder for them, but at least it would take out a little of the insult with injury.
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Shaman
i really hate how many of our abilities as prot and ret can't be cast while silenced. even shield of the righteous, a melee attack, is silencable! on my warrior only shouts and taunts can't be used while silenced, iirc
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Well technically it is a spell to hunters because deterrence causes it to miss.

That would mean Deterrence considers Judgement a ranged attack. It deflects spells, parries melee, and causes ranged to miss.
Reply Quote

Well technically it is a spell to hunters because deterrence causes it to miss.

Spells get deflected ranged attacks miss.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
A lot of paladin/shaman abilities function strangely, they are considered one thing but are technically another so the receive double penalties sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I was fighting the tar beasts in Un'goro and was disarmed at 25 yards via Judgment.
Mind = blown
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was fighting the tar beasts in Un'goro and was disarmed at 25 yards via Judgment.
Mind = blown

It was almost as fun as using Hand of Reckoning to kill a Frost mage in an IceBlock because it was a taunt with a damage component tacked onto it.

I never knew 152 damage could be nerfed so fast.

Paladin mechanics keep me young
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
has a 10-30 yard range depending on talents
can't be cast while silenced, but can while disarmed
ignores any sort of dodge, parry, or block mechanics
cannot be spell reflected, but is countered by anything affecting spell damage
procs the frost armor debuff

The last one is a real kicker. Judgement via Long Arm of the Law is ret's answer to mobility.

Those are some real fuk'd up skills you got there. Hammer of Wrath has Rogues confused as hell also.

Someone definitely needs to streamline Paladin skills.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
hammer is simple. When ret talents it, 50% of it bypasses damage reducing effects. Shadow priests love it

Have you even been playing since 4.01? That was removed..

Also, cleanse will allow you to remove movement effects again :)
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
unique spell is...unique?

Unique is certainly the word for how it functions. It's always been a screwy cocktail of mechanics, being a "magic" attack primarily for a melee tree.

Of course, if you're a DK or enhancement shammie your ranged magic stuff is just that, magic, and acts just like it, which is much simpler, but apparently that's not the thing for Judgment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard considers Paladins as special snowflakes and you have to admit - we ARE special snowflakes... personally I wanted to be a cornflake for the crunch - but alas it is not to be :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I support this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]