Judgement is a melee attack that...

If they wanted you to move faster all the time they'd just buff Pursuit of Justice or something.

I remember PoJ being a big-ish deal in BC, as very few specs could match the sustained speed (Freedom had more uptime then, too), but these days there are a great many specs with the same +15% speed buff, and/or much faster procs. The result is that while we are faster than we once were, so is everyone else, and generally by as much or more.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
i really hate how many of our abilities as prot and ret can't be cast while silenced. even shield of the righteous, a melee attack, is silencable! on my warrior only shouts and taunts can't be used while silenced, iirc

Cause your require speech to use those.

Judegements fit in that mechanic over hybrid melee and spell attack.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
i really hate how many of our abilities as prot and ret can't be cast while silenced. even shield of the righteous, a melee attack, is silencable! on my warrior only shouts and taunts can't be used while silenced, iirc

It's still incredibly annoying. Both silence and disarm @@%% us over.
Edited by Jefurs on 11/19/2010 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
[quote]i really hate how many of our abilities as prot and ret can't be cast while silenced. even shield of the righteous, a melee attack, is silencable! on my warrior only shouts and taunts can't be used while silenced, iirc

I can understand if an ability doesn't require a weapon to use, it's countered by a silence rather than a disarm. Shield of Righteousness requires a shield, though, so it winds up getting countered by both silence and dismantle.

It's still incredibly annoying. Both silence and disarm @@%% us over.

Conversely we're not as @@**ed with one or the other as a warrior who's disarmed or a mage who's silenced. So the hit isn't as hard from any individual silence or disarm, but chaining them together can affect us over a longer period of time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh yea, it also procs Blazing Speed for fire mages. Gotta love that one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

It hits someone the way a melee attack would because there's no holy resist in the game, so basic avoidance makes up for that. But because it's ranged, and has some kind of effect tied to it, the ability to use it follows the rules of melee attacks.

Its weird, but in some crazy way it DOES make sense. Its also completely retarded that your tank can be silenced

Judgement can't be dodged, blocked, or parried. And exorcism is also pure holy damage but is only treated as a spell. I'm not following your logic here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]