Undoubtedly, this has been said, but...

80 Tauren Druid
If you balance or Feral and you gettin' Natural Shifter... you dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
If you balance or Feral and you gettin' Natural Shifter... you dumb.

I hear MSS is a terrible talent.

Confirm/deny?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
it's great, but it's unreachable now, so the OP's point stands.
i suppose you could be a super cheap skate and are planning on picking it up when you level asap.... but meh.

There's nowhere else to put your points as a Bear, and as a Cat your only other options are Predatory Strikes (woo) or Stampede (very situational).

For PvP you take it anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I took it...It isn't all that great right now, I know. I figure once I hit 81 I am ready to go to the second tier in resto. But I am specced for feral (tank) and none of the other talents make me go Ooooh, gotta have that. I don't have t10 4 pc. bonus so King of the jungle wouldn't help that much. Stampede might be OK but I don't feral charge that much unless i have to pick up an add. It seems to be more advantageous to kitties. So I just saved myself a respec down the road and slapped them into Natural Shifter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I took it...It isn't all that great right now, I know. I figure once I hit 81 I am ready to go to the second tier in resto. But I am specced for feral (tank) and none of the other talents make me go Ooooh, gotta have that. I don't have t10 4 pc. bonus so King of the jungle wouldn't help that much. Stampede might be OK but I don't feral charge that much unless i have to pick up an add. It seems to be more advantageous to kitties. So I just saved myself a respec down the road and slapped them into Natural Shifter.

KotJ is pretty "meh" for Bears with or without the 4pct10.

Stampede is currently very, very, very "meh" for bears. Elle had a great idea to make it better though.

Currently NSS is the best option, besides you're going to want the spell damage reduction in the Resto tree anyway, and how often do you find yourself casting a HT as a Bear?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, pretty much what I thought. NSS, would be stupid for a kitty to take. They have to many other shinnies in the feral tree. After you put 31 pts. into the feral tree for a bear you are pretty much done. Looks like you have a point you could put into Stampede at 85, but that is about it.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I feel as though I shouldn't have to clarify, but I will...

I meant at level 80. Therefore, anything in the second tier of resto is not suitable enough an argument because, once again, at level 80, you can't get it.

And aside from NSS, there are other more valuable places to put the points as a bear. Even if it's situational.

Also going to add that I'm a PvE *#*#@. PvP ain't muh thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh, I understood you...I have it at 80 right now though. My spec is just for tanking and those two last points didn't have anywhere to go that I thought was all that beneficial to tanking. So I just put them in NSS so when I hit 81 I can go into Perseverance without having to worry about respeccing.
Edited by Dooddad on 11/18/2010 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I feel as though I shouldn't have to clarify, but I will...

I meant at level 80. Therefore, anything in the second tier of resto is not suitable enough an argument because, once again, at level 80, you can't get it.

Seeing as how it's only a valid comment for the next 19 days, a little clarification wouldn't have hurt.
And aside from NSS, there are other more valuable places to put the points as a bear. Even if it's situational.

The only other possible place to put points is KotJ, which you would never use unless you have 4pct10. Even in that case it doesn't really do that much.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The only other possible place to put points is KotJ, which you would never use unless you have 4pct10. Even in that case it doesn't really do that much.

KotJ should be quite usable if you, or your healer outgear the content - and it's pretty easy to outgear current lvl 80 content right now :)
Of course, anyone who's still running instances is going to have 4T10 reasonably quickly regardless :P

10% bonus damage on demand is a little more than 'not really doing that much'. True, if you've got enough gear to use it then it's unlikely that you need the extra threat - but it's always fun to line up KotJ Enrage with Berserk for some pretty numbers.

not wanting to blow a few gold on another respec is a perfectly reasonable explanation for NSS right now, I'm half hoping for another talent reset myself.
Edited by Katjia on 11/18/2010 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]