Open Libram CI: On The Wings of a Turkey

90 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

11/21/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Lobster
You can't possibly be pessimistic about a female draenei Light user becoming a major Alliance figurehead.

Have you met Caden?
90 Dwarf Paladin
Have you met Caden?

I think he's still on an optimistic high from the BElf lore. He forgets that Blizz prefers to dump all over the Alliance, while giving slap-in-the-face token attempts to the contrary.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Most people have their own special dishes for Christmas, my families is pretty standard fare.

My folks tend to do mariachis, but then we also were very seldom home for Christmas growing up. Since all the relatives lived 8-12 hours away, we tended to spend the holidays at the grandparents and would have our family's Christmas meal either before or after the two week vacation.

From MMOChamp:
Yrel is a new character in Warlords of Draenor, starting as a naive priestess in old Draenor. When the conflict kicks into gear she will need to become a hero over the course of the story, a new major Alliance heroine, and take a leadership role among the Alliance.

The cynic in me knows better, but I still can't help but smile reading that.

A "leadership role"?

11/21/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Also, just about any decent barbeque uses honey in the sauce :P

Aaand just one more reason to never eat barbeque.

11/20/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Have you never had beer-basted honey ham?!

No. 'Cause honey is evil.

You know, I'm starting to think the Tauren isn't a suit - that the REAL you is a grass eating cowman, and that the DWARF is the illusion.
90 Dwarf Paladin
You know, I'm starting to think the Tauren isn't a suit - that the REAL you is a grass eating cowman, and that the DWARF is the illusion.

Not possible; I've had steak alone three times this week.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/21/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

Good cover.

EDIT: But not good enough. And maybe you're a cownivore. A little Silence of the Calfs, perhaps?
Edited by Arthinas on 11/21/2013 9:02 AM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
11/21/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

Cows =/= Tauren, only close relatives. It'd be like humans eating monkeys (which some people do...)

That being said.... YOU BASTARD.
90 Dwarf Paladin
...So, wait, you people are accusing me of not being a Dwarf because I won't eat a plant byproduct? Nice fail, guys.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
...So, wait, you people are accusing me of not being a Dwarf because I won't eat a plant byproduct? Nice fail, guys.

Because you won't eat something that has BEER IN IT was what I was going with, personally.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Beer's all well and good. Honey is not.

Besides, what's the real point of basting something in beer when you cook off the alcohol?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
BECAUSE IT'S BEER!!

Seriously, you can't even call yourself a Dwarf if you need to ask that question!

EDIT: Grog, I am disappointed and shocked - shocked! - by your lack of alcoholism.

Why baste something in beer...blasphemy!
Edited by Arthinas on 11/21/2013 9:37 AM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin

And dull the meat's natural flavor?! Reverse blasphemy!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In other news:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1402476-Will-Yrel-join-the-Alliance-after-the-expansion?p=23765605&viewfull=1#post23765605

Best. Explanation of WoD. Ever.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/21/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

DULL IT WITH BEEEEEEEEERRRR!!!

In other news:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1402476-Will-Yrel-join-the-Alliance-after-the-expansion?p=23765605&viewfull=1#post23765605

What does being White have to do with anything in WoW? o.O

EDIT:

===WARNING===

A few posts after this begins a conversation about racism and WoW which consumes page 6. Skip ahead to page 7 (or 8) if you aren't interested. Which, let's face it, we all know you aren't. ^_^
Edited by Arthinas on 11/21/2013 7:42 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/21/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Arthinas

DULL IT WITH BEEEEEEEEERRRR!!!

In other news:

What does being White have to do with anything in WoW? o.O

I actually skipped that "white human male" comment in favor of the Doc Emmet picture, but now that the poster mentions it...

... I guess that old Weaponmaster Woo Ping in Stormwind kinda counts as a non-white human male in Azeroth, right? Hm.
90 Human Paladin
I do hope they don't have Yrel burned at the stake for witchcraft like the historical joan of arc, as that is a rather depressing thing and would likely enrage everyone. I would much prefer they actually add lore heroes to the story instead of trade them out or introduce and kill them off in short order, also. It's annoying that the female characters in this game who are supposed to be super strong don't show up more often, even if it's in political ways that don't step on the players' toes, as having too much of that is bad gameplay.

I hadn't considered the general lack of non-white dudes being lore heroes from the Alliance, but I think the fact that Wrynn has dominated the scene since his arrival and before that our lore heroes were basically either missing or actively being killed. At least we've got Tyrande, who can occasionally be bothered to ride her tiger out and be a badass (she's actually one of the notable female characters who does this in-game, instead of in one of those spooty books), Vereesa Windrunner, and Jaina of course. Also, the current dwarf queen Moira Bronzebeard who is kind of srs bsns, or will be once the political situation in Ironforge normalizes and they stop hatin' on each other. And actually, Gelbin Mechatorque has gotten busy this expac, doing big things and killing entire wings of trash in raid dungeons, which is great stuff.

So yeah, I guess it's really just a symptom of having one dude with huge shoulderpads dominate your faction's lore and story for a few expansions running - but it's like the horde hasn't had this since the very beginning of the game with Thrall, who was immediately replaced by an even bigger, redder, more shoulderpaddy orc when he vacated his seat.

It would also perhaps help if getting married wasn't a death knell for any female character's future appearance in-game or in-story in general. Mothers can also have shoulderpads and fight too, Blizzard.

Maybe they will not be dumb-stupid and have Aggra head through the dark portal in like 6.2 with an infant strapped to her back next to her totems so she can bust heads too. They've established the precedent for female orcs flat refusing to be left behind by their mates, even if they have children, in the aforementioned spooty books, so some consistency would be nice. I don't really know much about her, but the potential's there for an orcish character who offers a different view of what being an orc is. Right now my view of an orc is a really huge green guy who is voiced by Chris Metzen and is also probably a (probably bloodthirsty) meathead, it would be nice to be shown something different.
Edited by Martana on 11/21/2013 11:40 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Of course these whole "Shes an angry female, make her a raid boss!" threads always ignore Sylvanas.

Edits: New Female Undead Model revealed

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3583-WoW-Source-Warlords-of-Draenor-New-Undead-Female-Character-Model-Revealed
Edited by Chaz on 11/21/2013 11:51 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
I like the model, but the way the bones stick out is confusing to me, especially where the shoulders are. The hips I'll buy, but the bones in the shoulder just don't do that unless they've been displaced, in which case the arms should not reach so far down.

Also, I really like that the interview studio has all the old 3rd edition WoW tabletop rpg books right behind the folks. There was some cool stuff in there, and while the storylines they fleshed out in them didn't end up being WoW cannon, they were really cool and it really seemed like they were things that people at Blizzard had actually played with the system.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/21/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Martana
I like the model, but the way the bones stick out is confusing to me, especially where the shoulders are. The hips I'll buy, but the bones in the shoulder just don't do that unless they've been displaced, in which case the arms should not reach so far down.

Basic anatomy iz too hrd.
90 Draenei Paladin
Ohh stop, you're making me blush!

I'm not sure if I'd blush if someone said I'd be delicious, more like run away. :P

The cynic in me knows better, but I still can't help but smile reading that.

I can't let myself be happy about it until I see it.

11/21/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Lobster
You can't possibly be pessimistic about a female draenei Light user becoming a major Alliance figurehead.

Pffft. Have you met me?.....

Have you met Caden?

Shut up Chaz!

Are we even sure she's supposed to be a paladin?

It sure looked like she was wearing plate in that one picture of her and if she's going to be a Priest I hope they leave her as one. Or just change their minds and make her a Paladin from the start.

But having her go from Priest to Paladin in such a very short time will do nothing but lessen what Paladins are.

I'm also not sure how far I buy her having anything to do with Prime Azeroth but they keep saying she'll be an important Alliance heroine so here's hoping.

Aaand just one more reason to never eat barbeque.

Excuse me?

Good southern bbq is amazing, get out of my side of the country!

A "leadership role"?

I do wonder what they mean about that, they better not kick out Velen.

Of course these whole "Shes an angry female, make her a raid boss!" threads always ignore Sylvanas.

I actually do feel bad for the long time Sylvanas fans. At first she was a tragic character who was making some terrible choices to get her revenge and people can sympathize and get attached to that.

But now she's just an evil female Lich King.

But yeah, getting kinda tired of people calling for Jaina to be a raid boss.

.. I guess that old Weaponmaster Woo Ping in Stormwind kinda counts as a non-white human male in Azeroth, right? Hm.

This is Warcraft, a fantasy universe with blue, purple, green and pretty much every other color you can think of for skin color.

With an entirely different history and development of culture than the real world.

People trying to bring real world racial tensions into it are stupid.

Basic anatomy iz too hrd.

So is coherent and good storytelling, so many things are hard for the Blizz.

But yeah the undead models look dumb, their arms shouldn't work.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I barely notice a difference between the current model and the new one. :\
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]