Next Connected Realms 11/25

(Locked)

Community Manager
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Monday, November 25 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 6 a.m. PST through approximately 11:00 a.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Azshara and Azgalor
  • Arygos and Llane
  • Cairne and Perenolde
  • Nathrezim and Anub'arak/Chromaggus/Garithos/Smolderthorn
  • Winterhoof and Kilrogg
  • Zangarmarsh and Hellscream

Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here. For the current list of connected realm completions and future connections, please visit the connection post here. Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections as we can. *Please note this list does not encompass all potential future connections. Please check back for further updates.
90 Draenei Shaman
Yay more info. Keep em coming Neth.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Also......6 connections at once woohoo! Anybody dare to make a bet on what the max number they connect is? I'm gunna go with 12 and give myself an under of 2. If I'm correct I will feel warm and fuzzy inside.

EDIT: the six connections is from the master list on the front page. In case anybody's wondering; they always update that list when this blog is made.
Edited by Silvir on 11/20/2013 8:36 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
They've also updated the blog. Everyone should click on the blog link that Neth provided.
90 Human Priest
Any chance we'll see some oceanic realms soon? :)
90 Night Elf Druid
Wish they would connect more RP servers :(
90 Human Rogue
I want you to know that Malygos-US is actually still a server and we are waiting patiently for our turn. Please God, let it be our turn.

EDIT: Saw it on the blog!
Icecrown and Malygos

WOOO!... now how is Icecrown? :P
Edited by Rigapples on 11/20/2013 8:54 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wish they would connect more RP servers :(

They haven't connected any RP servers yet.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
DANG! When will Grizzly Hills get some love and get connected?
90 Undead Warlock
I am still seeing that Khadgar is not connected to anything....
90 Blood Elf Rogue
DANG! When will Grizzly Hills get some love and get connected?

When you least expect it.

I am still seeing that Khadgar is not connected to anything....

That is correct. You aren't blind yet.

Please look into connected Deadstromath errr I mean Destromath with something. This server !@#$ing sucks now.

They are going to connect it. Just not right now.
90 Human Death Knight
Future connections we won't know unless Blizz posts them.

All completed connections so far:
Stonemaul + [Dunemaul + Maiev + Bloodscalp + Boulderfist] pvp
Lethon + [BlackwingLair + Haomarush + Detheroc + Dethecus] pvp
Daggerspine + [Aegwynn + Gurubashi + Hakkar] pvp
Malorne + [Drak’Tharon + Firetree + Rivendare] pvp
Smolderthorn + [Anub'arak + Chromaggus + Garithos] pvp
Gul’dan + [Black Dragonflight + Skullcrusher] pvp
Lightning Blade + [Burning Blade + Onyxia] pvp
Gorgonnash + [Balnazzar + Warsong] pvp
Auchindoun + Laughing Skull pvp
Blood Furnace + Mannoroth pvp
Dalvengyr + Dark Iron pvp
Scilla + Ursin pvp
Tortheldrin + Frostmane pvp
Dentarg + Whisperwind pve
Fizzcrank + Aggramar pve
Nesingwary + Vek’nilash pve
Echo Isles + Draenor pve

Connections coming Monday November 25
Nathrezim + [Chromaggus + Garithos + Anub'arak + Smolderthorn] pvp
Azshara + Azgalor pvp
Arygos + Llane pve
Cairne + Perenolde pve
Winterhoof + Kilrogg pve
Zangarmarsh + Hellscream pve

Connections coming soon Monday December 2
Spirestone + [Drak'Tharon + Rivendare + Firetree + Malorne] pvp
Coilfang + [Dalvengyr + Dark Iron} pvp
Ysondre + Magtheridon pvp
Fenris + Dragonblight pve
Icecrown + Malygos pve

Future connections coming soon, no date yet
Crushridge + [Anub'arak + Chromaggus + Garithos + Nathrezim + Smolderthorn] pvp
Andorhal + [Scilla + Ursin] pvp
Darrowmere + Windrunner pve
Quel'dorei + Sen'jin pve
Velen + Eonar pve

Plans for all connections can change at any time.
Even more realms coming soon, after the above are completed

realms listed in brackets [ ] are previously connected realms, making for some 3-way and 4-way and 5-way connections.
The first 6-way connection has been scheduled, with Crushridge.

some questions that have been asked in every connected realms thread:

Your realm's first connection (or even 2nd or 3rd) won't necessarily be it's only one. They'll connect more as needed, but only 1 at a time, so it'll take a few weeks.

Lots more realm connections will be coming over the next several weeks, just be patient. No, we don't know which ones, yet. They're not going in any particular order.
No timeline has been given for how long this will all take. It'll take however long it takes.

Don't expect faction balance out of this, that's not what they're trying for. They say they're taking that into account, but the main goal is population total.

Your 11 character slots will stay separate for each individual realm, giving you 22 slots for a connected pair. (or 33 slots or 44 slots for a 3way or 4way connection, or even all 50 slots on a 5-way).
Now, what is Blizz going to do for any realms that don't get connected, so they can have more than 11 slots, too?

Duplicate names on connected realms are fine. If my Durotan gets connected, I would then be known as "Weekender-Durotan", so we will effectively be getting a last name, but it's only needed / used for certain chats and invites and such ingame when dealing with someone on a different realm in your connection, like sending mail/gold/items to someone on another realm in your connection.

Blizz already said they are discussing ways to handle forums for connected realms, such as maybe a single forum for each connected group. No decision yet, but it will probably wait till all the connections are done before doing anything.
We also need something on the realm selection screen showing which are connected to which.

RP, Oceanic, Latin America, and Brazil realms will be soon, as they work their way through the list of 246 realms. They're not going in any particular order.

That's 49 realms connected so far and 27 more scheduled soon. Out of 246 realms total, that'll be 76 down and 170 more to go. It'll actually be less than that to go, since they probably won't connect at least the top 10-15-20 or so realms. So, maybe around 150 realms to go.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thanks weekender:) Keeping it real :)
90 Human Death Knight
It still appears Blizz is trying to consolidate datacenters by connecting Phoenix datacenter (dc) realms only to LA dc realms and moving them to the LA dc, and NY dc realms are only being connected to and moved to the Chicago dc.
A blue post last week claimed otherwise, but I beg to differ. It's very easy to connect to any such realms and get their new IP address, then traceroute that IP and see exactly which datacenter it's in. I did exactly that for every formerly Phoenix and NY realm that's already been connected, and they all now have new IP's in the LA and Chicago datacenters that clearly traceroute to LA and Chicago.
90 Human Mage
It still appears Blizz is trying to consolidate datacenters by connecting Phoenix datacenter (dc) realms only to LA dc realms and moving them to the LA dc, and NY dc realms are only being connected to and moved to the Chicago dc.
A blue post last week claimed otherwise, but I beg to differ. It's very easy to connect to any such realms and get their new IP address, then traceroute that IP and see exactly which datacenter it's in. I did exactly that for every formerly Phoenix and NY realm that's already been connected, and they all now have new IP's in the LA and Chicago datacenters that clearly traceroute to LA and Chicago.

This is why I believe that groups like Oceanic realms will end up being last since we're all already in Los Angeles, we're not a priority.
90 Draenei Shaman

If you traceroute Draenor and Echo Isles (for example), do they have the same IP now?
90 Human Death Knight

If you traceroute Draenor and Echo Isles (for example), do they have the same IP now?

I used this pre-connected realms list to see old IP's and datacenters:
http://wowpedia.org/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Draenor was in the LA datacenter with IP 12.129.223.24
Echo Isles was in Phoenix dc with IP 206.16.118.168

I just now connected to both realms checked their IPs and get Draenor 12.129.223.21
and Echo Isles 12.129.223.22
and a traceroute on both go right to the LA datacenter.
Edited by Weekender on 11/20/2013 10:13 AM PST
90 Undead Warlock
Are the medium population realms going to get any love?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]