To my fellow healers

88 Blood Elf Monk
What do you guys do when a dps is standing in stuff. Sometimes I just wanna let them die but I know if I do the fight will overall take longer but UGH sometimes the amount of mana to keep them alive ticks me off cus they cant see they are standing in stuff. Normally I would type get out of fire ect but at times I cant even type because it would stop me from healing. (end rantish topic.)
Edited by Kethor on 11/21/2013 3:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I Lifegrip them.

Alternatively, I watch them die, then teabag them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I usually heal them for the first 5 sec of standing in stuff then i give up. Never know if they have bad latency or something. If they just don't care, then neither should i.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I usually put some sort of heal over time or shield on them and try to find time to say something in chat.

If that doesn't work I try to keep them alive if I can without losing the tank or me.

When the fight is over I say something again. That usually does it.

If it doesn't then they die and I explain to them that the purple circle or the water or whatever is bad. Some people really don't know. The other day I had someone constantly running out of my healing rain circles in the belief it was some sort of ground aoe.
Edited by Zinika on 11/21/2013 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I YELL on Mumble to download GTFO.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I Lifegrip them.

You moved?!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Heal them for awhile, see if they notice, say something in chat like "rogue move!" because lord knows I have neither the time nor patience to type out "hey legôläsárthàsséphííröth, you're standing in bad stuff!" i will continue to keep them alive as long as i can provided it doesn't cost anyone else their lives. but i will grumble in my head about their stupid name and their stupid standing in bad. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I put them in time out (lifegrip them). They get a grace period that depends on how bad the stuff they are standing in is and how much other damage there is (and how much healer rep they have).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As a Holy Paladin I'll try to heal them but I won't worry about it if they die. There's only so much I can do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
my guild has been 3 healing regular content with me, a disc, and holy priest so overall i'm pretty bored. sometimes i tell my dps to stand in stuff so i have something to do. in LFR i just heal them through it since i like to see big numbers every once in a while and it feels good to get compliments on healing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I let them die after one direct heal and a speed boost bubble, then whisper whoever is in charge of yelling at them that I watched them stand in something for an unreasonable amount of time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

THIS! :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I Lifegrip them.

You moved?!

Yep. Long story. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/21/2013 03:49 AMPosted by Tiriél
I Lifegrip them.

^

Except I heal on lots of non-priests, and on lowbie priests who don't have Lifegrip yet too.

When I'm not on a healer who can Lifegrip, I'll do what I can to heal through their avoidable damage, but if there's any question that I might be compromising my ability to keep the rest of the party safe, I let them drop & rez them afterwards.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Throw a HoT on them. If they die, they die.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Heal them through it, then after that boss fight/trash pull/whatever ask them to next time please move out of the bad stuff.

If they say lol or something stupid, then I no longer heal them expect for maybe 1 HoT.

If it's LFR I don't really care, but if it's a 5man dungeon and I'm not on a geared toon it can be annoying.
Edited by Veroicone on 11/21/2013 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
If I have nothing else to do, I'll heal them.

If I have to keep an eye on squishy tanks and healers are crappy then I let them die. I tend to die laughing when I see meat flying everywhere in lfr on Thok.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I watch them die, then teabag them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If i que up for a heroic on any toon that can heal, i will be healing.

My job is to heal and keep my allies up. Nothing more, nothing less. It's more fun to have a good fight healing what i would say lazy or stupid people. I heal regardless because that's my job, because that's what i signed up for, and because i don't let people down deliberately.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think they mean raids, not the joke they call heroic dungeons nowadays... Those bad stuffs on the floor can't really kill people who have overgeared it by 50-100 ilvls.

That said, like one of the previous poster said, I'll heal them for the first 5 secs, if they don't move out of it, then they can kiss the floor. But that depends on if the tank needs any heavy healing atm, if the choice is between keeping the tank or a dps who doesn't put in effort to avoid bad stuffs on floor, you can guess who gets to show their love to the floor. That's for lfr.

For flex/normal I'll yell in vent/mumble :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]