Resto Druid on Heroic Thok

90 Worgen Druid
SnP
We have just started heroic Thok progression and have had 4 attempts on it. Which is not a lot, but in those 4 attempts my heals felt low. Our comp is a holy pally and a disc priest, then me as a resto druid. Theoretically, druids should be incredibly strong on this fight but my heals dont feel that high. I'm not sure if its their absorbs and the fact we haven't made it to that high of stacks is what is causing it.

Here's logs, though they probably won't help.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-54xrqiwlcfuwk826/?s=4859&e=4948

I would like to hear from other resto druids on how they heal this fight. Blanket rejuvs on people? BoP then tranq is the major CD. SotF or Incarnation?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I haven't done Thok on heroic yet and the logged attempts were very short I, I looked at the longest one. So with those caveats in mind...

Harmony uptime could be a lot better.
No Wild Mushroom: Bloom at all, and only 16% healing done by Efflo? Not enough Efflo uptime.
Do you ever consider taking Nature's Vigil? I love it, and it lines up well with high intensity phases on Thok.

I can't really think of much else to comment, maybe a druid who HAS done it on Heroic will have specific tips. Good luck!

You could check out HC's logs, they 2 heal with a shaman/druid but you can check out what their druid is doing that you may not be. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9exukxv5dus36uek/sum/healingDone/?s=16214&e=16631#Fuzzii :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
So... your healing is really close to the disc priests healing. Are you concerned because you aren't blowing him out of the water?

Anyway, not casting bloom once is really really really really really really really really poor. It is a great burst healing tool that is incredibly efficient. You should be rolling rejuvs full time prior to shock blasts which will also charge your mushrooms. Don't forget that swiftmend will refresh the harmony buff (as bunny said, its uptime really low).

I'd pick nature's vigil over heart of the wild for the extra healing cd.

Soul of the forest would be decent if you were using swiftmend on CD (and it doesn't look like you are). Incarnation would probably work well too.

I'm not sure if its their absorbs and the fact we haven't made it to that high of stacks is what is causing it.

If you are watching health bars, it should be pretty obvious X_X
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
SnP
The thing that concerns me is blanket rejuvs drains mana pretty quickly. And with the shields, a rejuv is a waste of mana if all the damage gets absorbed.

Obviously I know to bloom mushrooms, but we have to make it to 26ish stacks, which we havent done yet, and am trying to save it for when we are all low.

I'm not really concerned about the harmony. That will work out and those numbers arent exactly accurate at this point.

Mana with blanket rejuvs is my main concern and how people managed that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You have a massive amount of spirit and the LMG, I assume you also have a regen trinket of some sort?

Rejuv blanketing is basically what druids do. It's no different in this fight than any other. It will 99% of fights be our #1 heal. Yes it's mana intensive. We have a lot of tools at our disposal (innervate, clearcast, lucidity, mana potion, sage mender buff) to helps us out with mana.

Don't get salty about us pointing out issues in the only logs you provided. :P You asked for advice, you got some.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I echo this^. A couple points, first off no i'm not a druid, but I healed that fight with one, so I do have a rough idea of their playstyle.

Efflorescence is amazing here. Although blooms definitely should be used, our druid reserved them for fillers, to buy us time when healing fell behind. 2nd, rejuv should definitely be the #1heal done, followed by efflo. NV is amazing here too as was mentioned. Overall, your job should be a rejuv blanketing, Efflo planting, NV rolling machine. Let the direct healing be taken care of by the pally and disc as much as possible.

Side note: I checked the 2min pull you guys had, and your disc priest is going to have some serious mana issues playing that way. Only two divine stars in 2min, and top heal pw:s? There should be way more DA, and less pw:s in there. Figuring out ways to continue to utilize your toolkit around screetches, and not just be a pw:s bot, is most of the challenge of this fight.
Edited by Mythrose on 11/25/2013 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would recommend taking up NV as well, NV + rejuv spam + genesis = cleave healing goodness.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
SnP
Thanks, I will look into NV, i hadn't even really considered it. I was rejuv blanketing, I just am not sure of the intensity of healing in the bloodrage phase. I will be able to regen some mana there, but it still makes me nervous.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Only two divine stars in 2min

now THAT is a tragedy. :<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I thought my spec was divine star spec?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Stop derailing threads narwhal.

Stawp
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The biggest problem that I see is that you are haste spec in a 10 man group. Typically haste spec is amazing for druids due to the scaling with efflo and how many people stand in it. The downfalls with having haste spec in a 10 man is that your heals wont high hard enough. In a fight like Thok where the damage is super high burst your mushroom blooms will hit about 20% less than if you had gone mastery build. Some might argue that since you are at the 13k haste breakpoint you have gone into more healing for each rejuv but as you stated you dont blanket because you dont feel you have the mana.

With that being said you are gimping yourself on the reason that you went for the stats you did. IMO you need to either blanket the raid with rejuvs (actually you have to do this) and you have the choice of leaving efflo up full time and using wild growth exclusively with SotF, filling the luls in healing with shroom bloom or shroom blooming every time that a shout goes out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
SnP

Side note: I checked the 2min pull you guys had, and your disc priest is going to have some serious mana issues playing that way. Only two divine stars in 2min, and top heal pw:s? There should be way more DA, and less pw:s in there. Figuring out ways to continue to utilize your toolkit around screetches, and not just be a pw:s bot, is most of the challenge of this fight.

My guild has me play disc on this encounter, as Shadow is really useless. The most important thing on this encounter for a Priest of any spec is toposition yourself so your Divine Star hits both ranged and melee group. Precast a DS on both groups 1s before the pull, get 5 EE stacks, pop AA and SS, do 2 PoH's before his first scream, then pop Inner Focus and keep spamming PoH until the next one occurs. From there on just keep using DS, PoM and Holy Fire on Cooldown, and try getting 1 Penance tick as often as possible, to maintain EE stacks. Outside of that just spam PW:S. Tell your Paladins to start chaining Devo's on 14 stacks, 'cause that's when your SS will come back off CD. Push your mana in the first p1 as much as possible, then just Mana Hymn after the boss fixates the 1st guy, so you get another Mana Hymn later into the fight. Use the minor Glyph of Sha, because it removes your Mindbender from GCD, same like Empress mace used to do.

Thanks but this is a thread for orsyris. His goal here wasn't to give me tips. If I felt like I needed some clarification, I would've asked for it. The above post is from mmochampion by a disc priest that has killed thok weeks ago. Keep your bull!@#$ side notes to yourself thank you very much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
SnP
Thankyou Mythrose. More tips on Disc healing for mushroomguy please :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks but this is a thread for orsyris. His goal here wasn't to give me tips. If I felt like I needed some clarification, I would've asked for it. The above post is from mmochampion by a disc priest that has killed thok weeks ago. Keep your bull!@#$ side notes to yourself thank you very much.

I looked at logs. I saw you were doing it wrong. I attempted to help. If you don't want to take my advice then feel free, the door is that way --> ...if you can fit your over-inflated ego through it!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
SnP
11/25/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Mythrose

I looked at logs. I saw you were doing it wrong. I attempted to help. If you don't want to take my advice then feel free, the door is that way --> ...if you can fit your over-inflated ego through it!

Good for you, you do things your way. I'll continue to do things my way. Don't really care if you "think" I'm doing things wrong. Please don't stray from the fact that this is a druid healing thread. Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It looks like being snarky runs in the guild
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Good for you, you do things your way. I'll continue to do things my way. Don't really care if you "think" I'm doing things wrong. Please don't stray from the fact that this is a druid healing thread. Thanks

No Problem! :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
SnP
Please ignore his ego.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/25/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Lífe
The biggest problem that I see is that you are haste spec in a 10 man group. Typically haste spec is amazing for druids due to the scaling with efflo and how many people stand in it. The downfalls with having haste spec in a 10 man is that your heals wont high hard enough. In a fight like Thok where the damage is super high burst your mushroom blooms will hit about 20% less than if you had gone mastery build.

Blooms don't benefit from mastery anymore.

Also I wouldn't recommend a mastery build to anyone unless they're undergeared.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]