Why hasn't Warrior damage been nerfed?

(Locked)

1 Human Monk
being that a warriors can do as much dmg as a dk and dks dmg is aoe and dots and warriors dmg is single target, you would think that would be too much pressure for single target, on top of there good defensive and cc and mobility and utility and blah bllah blah they are op they have too much of everything, give them cyclone and poly wala they are gods of wow.
100 Orc Warrior
give them cyclone and poly wala they are gods of wow.

Cyclone and Poly should just be removed from the game and throw in Mind control too. Wahlaa we have a better game.
90 Human Death Knight
I've been hit for 155k chaos bolt on my warrior in def stance in arena. Saw my dpriest take one for 186k. Lots of classes have huge damage now with gear. That's not what's wrong with a warrior.

But as the warrior nerfs roll in, prepare for all the whining about rogues next: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKW-b6xhpw
Community Manager
We don't feel that Warrior damage output itself is the issue. It's strong, but not out of line compared to other classes. We think the issue lies with mobility, and the Warrior's ability to keep that constant pressure going. That's why we decided to revert the 5.4 Intervene change in 5.4.2 and move the root break back to Safeguard. Once we've had a chance to see how that affects things, we'll be able to decide if any further changes are necessary.
56 Blood Elf Paladin
We don't feel that Warrior damage output itself is the issue. It's strong, but not out of line compared to other classes. We think the issue lies with mobility, and the Warrior's ability to keep that constant pressure going. That's why we decided to revert the 5.4 Intervene change in 5.4.2 and move the root break back to Safeguard. Once we've had a chance to see how that affects things, we'll be able to decide if any further changes are necessary.

Lore, how does Blizzard feel about the current state of Ret Paladin in higher rated arenas?
90 Tauren Druid
AJ
I think it is a fantastic change. Warriors will still be very popular in the lower brackets but at higher brackets i believe they will be more easily controlled.
56 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it is a fantastic change. Warriors will still be very popular in the lower brackets but at higher brackets i believe they will be more easily controlled.

When warriors connect, it should hurt.

But they shouldn't have this much uptime.
85 Undead Priest

Slam and deep wounds could just use a little nerf.
Edited by Galaxys on 11/25/2013 11:28 AM PST
90 Undead Rogue
blue is right, warrior damage isn't op compared to other classes.

damage across the board should be lowered, maybe increase base resil by like 3 or 4%
Edited by Uhrorz on 11/25/2013 11:34 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
What about Warriors current defensive ability? The lack of rage from being in Defensive stance clearly doesn't outweigh the 25% passive damage reduction.

Coupled with the fact that Warrior defensive cooldowns don't inhibit their output at all (with Shield Wall no longer requiring an actual Shield), Defensively, Warriors are having their cake and eating it too... and then taking that cake and killing us with it.
92 Human Hunter

I can see into the future... it wont

there has never been a spec this overpowered in the history of wow arena and your lack of real changes is confusing, other specs have been hit much harder and far quicker.
90 Troll Druid
its called CC on major CD's... war is prob one of the best class to cc.... they have to just sit it or wait for freedoms or dispels.. even dispel u just do It again.. GG
90 Undead Mage
damage across the board should be lowered, maybe increase base resil by like 3 or 4%

They should honestly just take away base resilience all-together and revert back to making PvP'ers gem for resil. This would also solve WPVP issues as far as PvE gear trumping PvP gear. I don't see any negative effects on this - if there are - I'd like to hear what and why.

If the rumors are true about them lowering the HP pools dramatically next xpac - this would be a perfect time to do that.
Edited by Myronus on 11/25/2013 11:33 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
11/25/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Iswiper
there has never been a spec this overpowered in the history of wow arena
S12 Warrior S12 Hunter
100 Human Paladin

Warriors were buffed so many times and in so many different ways this patch, i remember my arena partner telling me to look at the patch notes, i just saw a giant wall of warrior buffs, no nerfs, i don't know how many of them you got rid of, there were too many to keep track of.

I remember slam damage buff
deep wounds buff
hamstring off GCD
Intervene makes safeguard pointless
which means free mass spell reflect
shattering throw doesn't cost rage anymore
bladestorm damage buff

I strongly disagree with their mobility being the issue, so please take the pvp communities opinion more seriously

with the changes aside, warriors could always have 2 charges, 2 kicks, 2 reflects and 2 stuns

not that it would be wise to spec that way across the board

changing intervene will either take away mass spell reflect from them, or it will do nothing and they sit the occasional root

they still have that large list of abilities that give incredible power, Their sustained damage, their pressure, is the problem, you'd have to remove a series of abilities if you wont to really fix the problem, which it would seem that you do have a handle on the problem, but not the solution.

nerf their damage, that way without that insane pressure, 130k+ slams and deep wounds literally doing 30% of their damage, it's been tested over and over, we might have some free space to cast and fake cast, with a warrior on my face

if the pressure isn't that great, we can fake all the doubles, like spell reflect and kick, being stunned wont be as punishing, complaining about double charge is a joke

warriors have needed mobility for so long, it was and still is the reason i won't play my warrior, and havent taken him seriously since season 10, removing their mobility is not a fix

just please nerf their damage so that everything else you gave them can actually be dealt with

instead of sitting at 10% health and getting kicked because you cant afford to fake

or casting a game changing necessary cyclone only to have it spell reflected because you simply cant afford not to

just nerf their damage. there it is, would love some feedback on that, though im sure you blues don't care to argue with the likes of the forums.

whether it's out of fear or whether we're just so wrong and stupid it's not worth your time.
90 Undead Priest
nerf rogues
90 Undead Rogue
11/25/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Myronus

They should honestly just take away base resilience all-together and revert back to making PvP'ers gem for resil. This would also solve WPVP issues as far as PvE gear trumping PvP gear. I don't see any negative effects on this - if there are - I'd like to hear what and why.

If the rumors are true about them lowering the HP pools dramatically next xpac - this would be a perfect time to do that.

well something that like isn't going to happen in a mini mid season patch, trying to fix this season.
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin

I have to agree with this, warrior mobility and constant pressure is the real problem. I don't know how many of you guys watched the Blizzcon arena tournament but Thugonmicz's Warrior was completely unpeelable. Granted he is an exceptionally good Warrior, but if the best players in the world cant peel a warrior it doesn't bode well for us mere mortals.

I don't think this one change will be enough to bring warriors in line, but it is a step in the right direction.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]