Nourish, Hooah, Yeah! What is it good for?

90 Orc Shaman
Absolutely Nothing! Sing it again now!
So I've been healing on a Rdruid and Rsham for awhile and each are alot of fun. But I see absolutely no use for nourish in a druids toolkit. I mean its hpm and hps both are terrible and thats even with its 20% buff. Granted its not supposed to be exceptional as the druids slow cheap heal, but it absolutely miserable and is rare if i cast it once a boss fight.
Is there any plans to revamp this and make it more viable in a druid's toolkit? Like even adding something like "when nourish is cast on a target it resets your regrowth, rejuv, wild growth(maybe leave this one out) and lifebloom(which it already does to bloom) to full duration would actually make me cast it on tanks every once in awhile at least. Has any other resto druid found a reason to use nourish at all?
Edited by Boomdawg on 11/25/2013 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I use it when there is downtime to keep harmony up w/o blowing a ton of mana.

So I would say it is good for something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I see a lot of people say that ^ using it for harmony maintenance. I don't personally. It's always seemed clunky and out of place to me, but for some people I guess it helps with mana management.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It is awesome in challenge modes and proving grounds, but I don't use it at all in raids or PvP. I did use it to maintain Harmony/Lifebloom through ToT, but with the LMG and all, it was immediately replaced on my bindings by Genesis, once that spell went live, and I now cast Lifebloom to refresh Lifebloom and Swiftmend for Harmony during mana conservation phases, and Regrowth for both when mana isn't an issue, or when Clearcasting procs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Well aren't Heal, Holy Light, and Healing Wave just as bad?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i'm not sure heal, holy light, and healing wave have the dubious honor of being their least efficient spell

they also aren't 30% weaker on targets not effected by renew/eternal flame/riptide
Edited by Truelite on 11/25/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I might be living in the past, but when I play my druid I use it as the filler to keep harmony up. No real point of standing there doing nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I might be living in the past, but when I play my druid I use it as the filler to keep harmony up. No real point of standing there doing nothing.

It's what I do too on my alt. Just so used to using Nourish as the Harmony maintenance back in Cata. Old habits die hard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I always see people hating on nourish but I use it all the time for bloom and harmony upkeep. It's not actually necessary for either but when I don't have anything else to be casting, I hit it for good measure. You can also use it similarly to the way that you used to use downranked single target heals: if the tank takes a hit before the cast is up, it's a little extra healing on them, but it doesn't cost you much.

It's one of those spells that's absolutely inconsequential, whether you do or don't use it. If I'm in a situation where I need every GCD, I'm obviously not casting nourish, and if I'm not, then I will. This is usually where people come in and say, "y dont u just cast wrath," but I think that's splitting hairs. That handful of wrath casts will not usually save the day - especially if my blooms happen to fall off because I wasn't paying that much attention to them. I suppose I could macro a [@target of target] or w/e the wording would be for that into my wrath. I've just never gotten around to it, nor have I needed it.

With all that said, I'd certainly like to see the "basic heal" spells take on more use in the future, but I don't think that's where healing is headed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The fact that anyone has spare time or downtime as a druid healer in which to cast Nourish astounds me. :P Even in 10 man, by the time you're done rejuving everyone/swiftmending/using OoC/Sage Mender Buff/wildgrowth/managing shrooms/force of nature/barkskin/ironbark...

who in the heck has time for nourish? who has downtime? i just don't grok it at all. if you have downtime you're not rejuving hard enough. xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I remember back in the day when you actually had to use nourish, but with regrowth from OOC and swiftmend I hardly have to use it to keep harmony up. I use it sometimes if I'm bored in LFR (once I healed an entire boss fight with just nourish for the lols, was funny) but that's pretty much it :p

There's spells on my priest I don't even use let alone have on my bars (such as heal).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
who in the heck has time for nourish? who has downtime? i just don't grok it at all. if you have downtime you're not rejuving hard enough. xD

Avoid making blanket statements that over-generalize situations.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I personally never cast it. I have no problem maintaining harmony or lifebloom up-time without it.

I would argue that it has largely become obsolete with the way they have taken resto druid this expansion, and isn't really a needed part of our tool-kit.

The spell lost its mana efficiency a long time ago, and I have only recently seen people try to grasp at straws claiming it is an efficient way to refresh harmony or lifebloom.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/25/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Cinnabuns

Avoid making blanket statements that over-generalize situations.

avoid taking things with smiley faces after them too seriously. :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I personally never cast it. I have no problem maintaining harmony or lifebloom up-time without it.

I would argue that it has largely become obsolete with the way they have taken resto druid this expansion, and isn't really a needed part of our tool-kit.

The spell lost its mana efficiency a long time ago, and I have only recently seen people try to grasp at straws claiming it is an efficient way to refresh harmony or lifebloom.

I'm not going to want to swiftmend (or regrowth, or healing touch) to keep harmony up during low periods of damage, especially when using SoTF.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I use it when there is nothing else to cast because damage is so light that it isn't worth casting anything else and I don't like just standing there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If damage is that light, I will put Faerie Fire on something, or juggle my shroom around for maximum Efflo. Or work on my jumping. Nourish just feels that pointless to me these days. I don't mind "wasting" a Regrowth on Harmony/Lifebloom, as it always seems like the LMG wants to proc during lulls. >.<

At least on my paladin, Holy Light does 100% beacon transfer, and the mastery bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/26/2013 12:42 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Or work on my jumping.

This made me laugh, Thank you for that.

I feel the same way about heal. I mean I could use it to keep renew up on one target if nothing else was happening. It is a long pre-cast, something may tickle the tank during that time.

Naaaa I will work on my jumping instead.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
To all the people who said they just use nourish as a filler for low damage, why not just deal some damage with moonfire or wrath to chip in on the fight instead of just overhealing for no reason?

Also, I guess you could say you could use it to refresh harmony, but between OOC procs and swiftmend I have 100% uptime on harmony.

Also if it refreshed rejuv, regrowth, and bloom all to full duration would that be OP or do you think that would actually make it useful in our toolkit?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Honestly I cast it out of habit;) Sure I can say I use it to keep up harmony but if you're having problems keeping up a 20 second buff that refreshes on a basic rotation with shorter cd's you need some help with druid. It's a joke to keep up harmony ever since the 10 second increase back in cata, and even then it wasn't hard to keep up.

The fact that anyone has spare time or downtime as a druid healer in which to cast Nourish astounds me. :P Even in 10 man, by the time you're done rejuving everyone/swiftmending/using OoC/Sage Mender Buff/wildgrowth/managing shrooms/force of nature/barkskin/ironbark...

If I have downtime I'll usually moonfire and get a few wrath casts off and if I'm feeling adventurous I'll even go kitty and throw a rake and a few mangles out.

People use force of nature O.o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]