MPPM: Hopling

Community Manager
I don't know about you, but the last time a demented beaver-rat-bunny hybrid vomited on me, I was none too happy. Fortunately for you, and with a little perseverance, you get to be the one dispensing grossness on others.

Hopling is your target this week, and taming one will take a little work. But he is a pretty cool pet so be sure to stop by and share your experiences!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
It's a pretty niche pet. Not all that great in 1v1, but provides a LOT of CC and can frustrate teams which are reliant on slow pets, or swaps (or both!)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is one of my favorite pets. It has a few sets it can pull off, depending on what you want. It was a cornerstone of my Lightning Storm team for a long time with tongue lash, poison lash, and kick. With Crush/Sticky goo, though, you can use it to exploit good matchups for the Hopling or teammates.

She was on one of my two primary teams going for 150 wins originally. People are never prepared for the Hopling. My favorite was fighting double sunflower and an imp and they slowly wore my team down to just her. She then proceeded to solo the team with a wide array of tongue and foot action. Good times.

In honor of Freya, I named it Ratchel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Root + Interrupt. There are not a lot of those.
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Crithto
Fortunately for you, and with a little perseverance, you get to be the one dispensing grossness on others.
Dare I ask, how do you do it?

Mine just has bad breath. Really bad breath...
Edited by Stax on 11/22/2013 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
the comment on wowhead for hopling pretty much sums him up:

Rewarded by completing the Ling-Ting's Herbal Journey achievement, and mailed to you by an NPC.

"I already posted a similar comment to this on the Feral Vermling page, which is a more balanced version of this chap that you get upon collecting 250 pets... but this guy is actually significantly better, due to his speed - 325 compared to the Feral Vermling's 289, which is a huge jump.

The Hopling has a very high value in PvP, and you'll always be at the advantage if he's faster than your opponent, thanks to the greatness of Backflip, which forces the enemy to skip a turn, and Tongue Lash, which strikes an extra time if he's quick enough. Worried that they'll switch out to a faster pet? Sticky Goo handles that, keeping them on the field for a massive 5 rounds. You could even use Sticky Goo and then switch him out for a stronger pet - your opponent won't have much of a choice in the matter. If you have this guy, use him and love him."
Edited by Bojanglin on 11/22/2013 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Is this the speedy white one or the useless brown one?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Is this the speedy white one or the useless brown one?

Speedy white one and yea, the only thing he's weak against is really fast pets like fliers.

A big perk that nobody has mentioned is that Tongue Lash is Critter damage. A lot of people see a Humanoid and put in an undead. Then, you just massacre it with Tongue Lash and Backflip it on it's "free" turn. My favorite pet by far.
Reply Quote
24 Worgen Priest
I want one :( I can't get it at a low level right?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

Correct. It comes from an achievement (Ling-Ting's Herbal Journey) that you can get while in Stormstout Brewery (level 85 dungeon) in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
24 Worgen Priest
11/22/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Kyzera

Correct. It comes from an achievement (Ling-Ting's Herbal Journey) that you can get while in Stormstout Brewery (level 85 dungeon) in Pandaria.

Thank you! :) can't wait!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Love my hopling! The interrupt kick with 325 speed and crush is nice, plus he's pretty cute.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I LOVE my hopling! at lvl 25 there are very few pets who take their turn before him. Stunning kick, poison lash, and foul breath are an extremly hard combo to counter :) although i've done the quest on two toons so far, i wish we could capture more then one!
Edited by Iriman on 11/23/2013 5:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
DON'T TAKE AWAY REFORGING
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Just got mine on my hunter, nice pet.
Reply Quote
I'm getting into collecting pets, do I need to battle them to max level just to have them accompany me while questing?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm getting into collecting pets, do I need to battle them to max level just to have them accompany me while questing?

probably yes.

there are a lot of pets you can just find from drops / buy for gold, or real money from the blizz store.

however, if you want to capture pets in the wild, you'll need a decent team, as your pets get stronger you can capture even stronger pets.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
This little guy seems to be identical to Feral Vermling (I think thats the name) The Feral is just a bit bigger and takes a long while to get.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
They have the same moveset but the Hopling is an S/S breed(much better in pvp pet battle) with 325 speed and the Feral has 289 speed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]