Paladins and Old Content

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello everyone!

After a 7mo break and being completely unaware of any changes to paladin gameplay as of yet, how much can a decently geared paladin solo of old content at lvl90? I do old raids to kill time (which I'll have a lot of at max level) and want to get some insight before I lvl this toon too high.

I'm assuming Death Knights are still the kings of solo gameplay.

Could a paladin take down the 4 Horsemen in Naxx on 25m? (I want that Armageddon lol)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've done all of the Vanilla and BC content without any effort, and I wouldn't consider myself decently geared.

I have guildies that solo WotLK content consistently w/out a hitch. I did do Sarth 3 with three drakes up on 10 and 25 man solo, and it was insanely easy. I can't imagine Naxx being much of an issue, unless something does damage based on % of life (like some jerks in Sunwell).

Once you gear is high enough you'll be critting things for 130k+ quite often, and if you spec into Selfless healer and then grab a DS glyph you'll be rockin' hard!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can solo a lot of content up to wrath as ret, once you get high ilvls you can start doing heroic/hard modes.

Then when you have good gear for prot, if you gear it, you can do cata content easily. Right now I'm up to ultraxion normal 10.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm in ICC right now, I can do a full solo on 10 man and probably get close to it on 25 man

Going tank spec can get you further if there isn't a dps requirement
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello everyone!

After a 7mo break and being completely unaware of any changes to paladin gameplay as of yet, how much can a decently geared paladin solo of old content at lvl90? I do old raids to kill time (which I'll have a lot of at max level) and want to get some insight before I lvl this toon too high.

I'm assuming Death Knights are still the kings of solo gameplay.

Could a paladin take down the 4 Horsemen in Naxx on 25m? (I want that Armageddon lol)

I've Duoed Ulduar & ICC 25 (and probably could have soloed most of it). I would have destroyed 10M. Naxx would have been cake for most of the fights.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Soloing 10 man ICC is pretty fun, and feels really heroic. I'm curious how, and if people do Ulduar solo. I couldn't get past the first boss. I almost did from kiting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Soloing 10 man ICC is pretty fun, and feels really heroic. I'm curious how, and if people do Ulduar solo. I couldn't get past the first boss. I almost did from kiting.

Mechanically, you can't do a lot of Uld solo, you get stuck on one of the keepers (possibly Yogg, not sure, and our mana regen I'm told doesn't work on Vezax any more). Up until that, it's easy. First boss you have to just be able to trash him really fast with a demolisher.

ICC 10 heroic, 25 normal, they're easy. I can blow through it on 10 or 25 pretty fast and then switch it to 25H for LK and even that's not very hard anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you roll Prot, you can even solo some Cata content.

I've done Yor'sahj, Magmaw, Omnotron Defense System, and Shannox so far.

To make things even worse, before the Vengeance nerf people could solo 10man Stone Guard. I can stay alive against Nalakk, but it'll take me like a week to kill him because he doesn't hit me very hard.

I haven't tried much harder stuff than that yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
our mana regen I'm told doesn't work on Vezax any more)

This is correct, they never updated that mechanic to work with Ret or Prot (the one for getting mana back without killing Saronite Vapors, but you can still kill Vezax by killing the Vapors I believe)

I love to whine, so I'd like to mention that they did go through the trouble of adding special mechanics for Death Knights on Blackwing Lair (Vanilla)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Drag a second demo to the the first boss. Dump all your blue juice, kite the boss around once, then swap demos, dump the second load of blue juice.

That will get you all the way to Korg. The grab mechanic is the killer there, and you beat that by burning his right hand first (everything at start).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]